• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

C-Jo

This actually looks surprisingly decent. I'll have to pick up the first episode, I'm just not sure where I want to play it.

ZoddGutts

Low expectations. Not really a fan of most Telltale games. Jurassic Park game was garbage and Back to the Future games were decent at best. This game may be decent though, hopefully.

Jeels

Considering getting the season pass on SEN. I think I might wait for a few more reviews but I'm really excited!

hitoshi

Low expectations. Not really a fan of most Telltale games. Jurassic Park game was garbage and Back to the Future games were decent at best. This game may be decent though, hopefully.

It is more than decent. I have finished it two weeks ago, in one sitting, then I restarted and finished it again. It was that awesome :)

Mrbob

Sounds like Telltale redeemed themselves after a couple lackluster efforts. My Steam preorder is ready.

I'm going to buy the PSN season pass for sure, but being a PS-Plus member there's a chance that the entire season will be offered to me for 'free', like with Sam & Max & BttF seasons.

I'm conflicted GAF !

But seriously Jake and Sean, you get my money.

Afrikan

This game's control input, graphic style, and price points would work great for the Vita. Has Telltale or Sony ever mentioned anything about Telltale games releasing for the Vita as well?

Goldrusher

Will wait for the inevitable disc release with more trophies, more content and lower price.

(see BTTF)

edit: Looks like this game comes prepared as far as trophies are concerned. The download version has only 1 trophy list, with platinum, for all the episodes.
Unlike BTTF, which first released in episodes, each with their own trophies, but then got a disc release with a different trophy list including a platinum.

megalowho

Bought on Steam. I'm not too familiar with The Walking Dead but I'm digging the vibe I'm getting from the released footage so far, a noticeable and seemingly successful departure from the pretty well established style of Telltale's adventure games. And even if TT has been a bit hit or miss lately everything Jake and Sean have had a major hand in I've really enjoyed (Puzzle Agent, Poker Night, Devil's Playhouse Ep.5). Gotta support the Thumbs.

haikira

Any pricing details for EU PSN?

EDIT: Found the answer to my question, via a link on this very page. Please ignore me.

£3.99 an episode seems fair. Wasn't thinking of buying this right away. But remembered I have about 10 pound left on my account. Since you can just buy an episode at a time, don't see any reason not to at least try the first.

RPGCrazied

I can't find it on US SEN/PSN to preorder. I assume they took the preorder down.

No. When it appears on the store, you have an option to buy episode 1 by itself, or the entire season for $19.99. I don't know how long it'll last though. I looked last night and couldn't find anything, so it has to come with the store update.

Median

So how does this work for Xbox? Disc release later or only standalone episodes?

I think I heard this on a recent Giant Bombcast, but if I recall correctly the game is getting one release, with all future episodes coming as DLC for that release.

Salsa

wanting this on Steam so so bad after catching up with the comic. Hopefully will be able to get it sometime next month.

EYEL1NER

Ugh, I've never wanted a disc-based release so bad. Now I need to decide if I should buy it tomorrow off XBLA or wait and see.

smr00

Banned
I don't think they've announced a physical release yet, but given that it's such a popular IP it would probably be worth doing it at some point the future.
like JP/BTTF it will get a disc based once it's finished and i am waiting for that to happen.

I hate digital downloads.

cacildo

So the comics are pretty good.

The tv show is... ok... we watch it not because its a good show, but because we want it to be good*.

And the game is an "interactive novel without puzzles".....

Well, you gotta be fair: it dosent look good

*i read that on cracked, and it seemed pretty spot on.

So the comics are pretty good.

The tv show is... ok... we watch it not because its a good show, but because we want it to be good*.

And the game is an "interactive novel without puzzles".....

Well, you gotta be fair: it dosent look good

*i read that on cracked, and it seemed pretty spot on.

Ugh, so it's very similar to Law & Order? And here I was thinking perhaps this would have more thought put into it. I will still check it out but, if I'm displeased I'm through with Telltale.

Akia

If I only watch the TV show is this gonna spoil stuff since it seems much more akin to the comic?

The game is a prequel to the comic.

The main character is different. Both in the TV show/comic timeline the game takes place while Rick Grimes is still in a
coma.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If I only watch the TV show is this gonna spoil stuff since it seems much more akin to the comic?

Compared to what? If you watch the TV show it wont spoil part of the game, since the game is a new story (a prequel even), based on a new character and you only have cameos of the comic/tv show. It would actually be advisable to watch the tv show/read the comic before playing the game.

Edit:Beaten.

How do the Telltale games typically run on iOS? I'd like to have it on my iPad but if it performs poorly I'd just go with the Steam version.

ElRenoRaven

Zero sleeps!!!!

I really can't wait. That IGN review actually made last nights sleep so hard. The game is sounding like it's going to be amazing. Course I loved BTTF and every season of Sam & Max so I'm sure I'm going to love this one too.

How long is each episode?

If previous Telltale stuff is representative, about a few hours per episode.

I don't think that's gonna happen. I could be wrong though

It's a game based on one of the most popular TV shows right now, so not doing a broad physical release in the fall would be really stupid. Since there is a lot of money to be made on people who don't know XBLA/PSN is a thing or people who oddly enough refuses to buy digital stuff.

El-Suave

Hmm, after the mess that Jurassic Park was, this game was off my list.
OP says it's a prequel to the comic books, so this won't spoil the TV series either? Haven't watched it yet obviously, and I only have access to season one.

Top Bottom