• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

God fucking dammit >_<

I was hoping this season would correct the image quality. This show, bar none, has the worst, most overly-compressed IQ I've ever seen. What's amazing is the type of error seems to switch from scene-to-scene. And sometimes it switches in the same fucking scene.

One minute it's a fucking noisy mess ... next minute it's DNR'd or simply compressed beyond clay-face territory ... next minute it has macro blocking the size of my fist.

W

T

F

Raistlin said:
Good fucking dammit >_<

I was hoping this season would correct the image quality. This show, bar none, has the worst, most overly compressed IQ I've ever seen. What's amazing is the type of error seems to switch from scene-to-scene. Sometimes if's a fucking noisy mess ... other times it's DNR or compressed beyond clay-face territory ... other times it has macro blocking the size of my fist.

W

T

F

Exactly, my HD channel is supposed to look HD and it's not my cable's fault...

MikeTyson

Banned
Anybody see "The Book of Eli"? I was expecting some gangs and shit to happen by now.

When redneck jr. popped out on the bike, I thought he was someone else asking for a tax of sorts to pass through.

SleazyC

KibblesBits said:
You have not read the zombie survival guide have you? :D
I have, they say a normal bicycle is a great means of transportation. Not a motorcycle which makes a ton of noise and relays on fuel. :)

SleazyC said:
I have, they say a normal bicycle is a great means of transportation. Not a motorcycle which makes a ton of noise and relays on fuel. :)

They're on an open road though. It actually makes sense to have the front flank as a bike regardless of the noise.

Raistlin

KibblesBits said:
Exactly, my HD channel is supposed to look HD and it's not my cable's fault...
Ugh ... please re-quote me to remove all the typos :p

Seriously though, I'm using FiOS. Verizon doesn't compress anything ... it's a direct stream of the broadcast.

This seriously looks like they're using an old consumer HD camera that doesn't have enough memory bandwidth to support the resolution. It's like a fucking FMV game.

A fucking cellphone on a stand would look better.

OmniGamer

Raistlin said:
God fucking dammit >_<

I was hoping this season would correct the image quality. This show, bar none, has the worst, most overly-compressed IQ I've ever seen. What's amazing is the type of error seems to switch from scene-to-scene. And sometimes it switches in the same fucking scene.

One minute it's a fucking noisy mess ... next minute it's DNR'd or simply compressed beyond clay-face territory ... next minute it has macro blocking the size of my fist.

W

T

F
Maybe it's artistic, like Silent Hill 2's grain filter, lol....nah.... :-(

Bazhard

Banned
Raistlin said:
God fucking dammit >_<

W

T

F
Looks great to me, and the blu-ray quality was phenomenal, maybe it's your shitty provider.

Raistlin

Bazhard said:
Looks great to me, and the blu-ray quality was phenomenal, maybe it's your shitty provider.
Read above ... my provider doesn't compress anything.

Maybe it's your shitty eyes or tiny TV.

It's possible the sat feed varies by location ... but again, that's the broadcaster's fault ... not the provider's

Raistlin

Jesus ... this is starting out fucking terrible.

Beyond the IQ issues:
  • Opening monologue was poorly written and acted
  • Where were the zombies hiding?
  • Can't smell people anymore?
  • How does someone maim themselves like that?
  • Instead they can hear a piece of metal drop (but can't hear someone making a ton of noise when they cut themselves and bang shit around)
  • Why was her gun in pieces in her purse and not ready to begin with?
  • New turbo zombies as needed?

The writing is terrible and contrived.

yencid

Raistlin said:
Jesus ... this is starting out fucking terrible.

Beyond the IQ issues:
  • Why was her gun in pieces in her purse and not ready?

The writing is terrible and contrived.
The gun part was pretty clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom