• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeitgeist

You can check out your baseball stats while watching (or playing, it was a bit vague about that) the game.

Erm, also the system is seemingly getting Black Ops 2, Bit.Trip Runner 2, Avengers: Battle for Earth, Farsight's Pinball Arcade, Cloudberry Kingdom, something from Reflections, possibly FFXIV, and maybe Tales of Somethingia.

Wow really? I guess I missed that rumour.

Sardello

Some posts ago I told something like "why do you keep talking about the Wii U power instead of focusing on games?"... well I'll try to give some new heat to the "Wii U raw power discussion".

Nothing new and nothing confirmed, just the words of an Italian beta tester that has just joint in Crytek. Take these words as facts, speculation, bullshit or whatever you want. I thinks these info are quite legit, but can't trust him 100%.

I'll put here below his original post in italian (provided on www.spaziogames.it forum) and then will summerize it in english.

Oldgamer said:
Ma sono famoso per le mie crostate di cipolla anche qui! :trollface:

Non c'è nessun gioco previsto per questa console al contrario di quello che pensavo fino a ieri,ma è stato creato un livello appositamente per capire un po' la sua potenzialità.(un livello di crysis 3)
Di dx11 non c'è traccia,abbiamo dx9 visto che le dx10 sono state snobbate,risoluzione nativa 720p,filtro utilizzato fxaa visto l'impossibilità di utilizzare il txaa,performance medie dai 30 ai 35 frame senza cedimenti di sorta,la qualità delle texture è ottima e senza pop up come nelle versioni per xbox 360 e ps3 visto la maggior quantità di ram e di migliore qualità,(idem per gli shader),gli shader dell'acqua non possono essere valutati perchè incompleti.Gli effetti particellari sono spettacolari con ambient occlusion al livello della versione pc.Gli effetti di luce sono al livello della versione pc,reflection mapping e diffuse lighting shader al livello della versione pc ad ultra.
Nel kit di sviluppo non può essere disattivato lo schermo del paddone e quindi il 480p dello schermetto si ciuccia altre risorse hardware ma credo che sia un problema momentaneo.
Forse disattivando la funzionalità dello schermo del pad si potrebbero raggiungere i 1080p nativi,ma questo è un forse che alberga anche nelle menti dei programmatori.
- Crytek is NOT developing a game for Wii U, but they created a Crysis 3 level just to fully understand the console capabilities
- apparently he tried this level on the last DevKit available
- the game run on dx9 with a native 720p resolution, fxaa filter (it is impossible to use txaa), good framerate (30-35 stable fps), high quality texture (no pop up as in the Ps3/x360 game version due to the higher RAM amount), not fully implemented water shaders
- great particles effects (ambient occlusion on par with PC version)
- lighting effect on par with PC version (ultra setting)
- in the dev kit he tested, it is not possible to "turn off" the Pad monitor, so that it always streams 480p contents
- the programming staff thinks that (they are not sure) toggling off the Pad monitor, the game could run on a 1080p native resolution

In other posts he is well impressed by the overall console power, but he hopes that in future dev kits there will be the opportunity to disable the Wii U pad in order to unleash the console full power.

He thinks Crytek will show this demo on E3 showflor even if the game is not under development.

Original post
http://forum.spaziogames.it/board/showthread.php?t=324866&p=16074539&viewfull=1#post16074539

Lol.

I swear that minutes before the beginning of the conference I'll put this music out loud on my computer.

- 25 Days Remain -

What are the chances of Majora's Mask 3D being announced? OoT is one of the 3DS's best selling games, so I doubt Nintendo are ignoring the possibility.

Although after the Zelda-fest that was E3 2011, they may want to give Zelda a break.

D_prOdigy

Crytek and Nintendo showing off a Crysis 3 level at E3 but it not being the case that Crytek is making any title, let alone Crysis 3, for Wii U is not something any rational person could have predicted.

BurntPork

Banned
I really doubt that Crytek isn't at least working on Homefront 2 for Wii U, nor do I think they would show a level of C3 on Wii U if it's not getting the game. Sorry, but I'm taking out the salt shaker big time.

Sardello

Crytek and Nintendo showing off a Crysis 3 level at E3 but it not being the case that Crytek is making any title, let alone Crysis 3, for Wii U is not something any rational person could have predicted.

I really doubt that Crytek isn't at least working on Homefront 2 for Wii U, nor do I think they would show a level of C3 on Wii U if it's not getting the game. Sorry, but I'm taking out the salt shaker big time.
Well... at least as Nintendo has always showed some first hand demos when presented a new HW, this time could ask to third parties also to show some demos.

I don't belive this speculation part of his post (let me say, it's the less important), but the Crysis level running on Wii U could be possible.

The real question mark for me is: Will Nintendo ever let the developers to turn off the Pad monitor?

Redford

aka Cabbie
What are the chances of Majora's Mask 3D being announced? OoT is one of the 3DS's best selling games, so I doubt Nintendo are ignoring the possibility.

Although after the Zelda-fest that was E3 2011, they may want to give Zelda a break.

I don't think MM will be coming for a few years. More likely a new game. And even likelier still, that ALTTP remake that Miyamoto has been musing about.

Hiltz

Nintendo is considering doing a Majora's Mask remake, but Aonuma's already confirmed that the he's currently working on a brand new Zelda title for the 3DS. He thinks that it would be kind of odd to release two Zelda ports back to back. Miyamoto's seems to be interested in wanting to possibly do a remake of Link to the Past for the 3DS.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well... at least as Nintendo has always showed some first hand demos when presented a new HW, this time could ask to third parties also to show some demos.

I don't belive this speculation part of his post (let me say, it's the less important), but the Crysis level running on Wii U could be possible.

The real question mark for me is: Will Nintendo ever let the developers to turn off the Pad monitor?

It could be, but honestly: why do that?
For a multiplatform title we wil see just an inventory/map render on the Upad, probably, and doing that should have really light consequences in terms of power.
that's the most "doubtful" part of those statements.

Wow really? I guess I missed that rumour.

From this post:
#5818: Square-Enix apparently showing intent to port Final Fantasy XIV (bringing up the confirmed+rumoured Wii U MMO count to three)

Nothing new and nothing confirmed, just the words of an Italian beta tester that has just joint in Crytek. Take these words as facts, speculation, bullshit or whatever you want. I thinks these info are quite legit, but can't trust him 100%.

- Crytek is NOT developing a game for Wii U, but they created a Crysis 3 level just to fully understand the console capabilities
- the game run on dx9 with a native 720p resolution, fxaa filter (it is impossible to use txaa), good framerate (30-35 stable fps), high quality texture (no pop up as in the Ps3/x360 game version due to the higher RAM amount), not fully implemented water shaders
- in the dev kit he tested, is not possible to "turn off" the Pad monitor, so that it always streams 480p contents
- the programming staff thinks that (they are not sure) toggling off the Pad monitor, the game could run on a 1080p native resolution

In other posts he is well impressed by the overall console power, but he hopes that in future dev kits there will be the opportunity to disable the Wii U pad in order to unleash the console full power.

He thinks Crytek will show this demo on E3 showflor even if the game is not under development.

Hmmm, the odd "always streaming" thing sounds sort of "It's Nintendo" to me, but let me break out my specific concerns with regards to veracity:

Did he say "DX9" or "DX9 equivalent"? I ask because non-Microsoft systems don't use DirectX.

With respect to the Always Streaming… If you stream a blank 480p image to the controller, it shouldn't take any render resources at all, so I cannot conceive of a reason why this example demo would not be running at 1080p.

I'm adding this to my rumour/leak list because there's something in it that feels like a nugget of truth. It would be interesting to look back later to see how much of this is truthful. :)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
A come back of the text games on Wii U, thanks to its tablet screen ?

Here's an interesting and rather complete article about this genre and its possible return (even if it didn't disappeared), maybe we'll see some software of this kind on Wii U eShop ?

But there's more than just nostalgia contributing to a potential revival for interactive stories. A broader gaming audience means appetites for game forms we might have once called "casual" in another time -- and furthermore, the popularity of tablets and e-readers means there's a real appetite for game forms that take advantage of a culture now habituated to reading on luminous screens in ways prior generations were widely not.

Penguin

Some posts ago I told something like "why do you keep talking about the Wii U power instead of focusing on games?"... well I'll try to give some new heat to the "Wii U raw power discussion".

I'll put here below his original post in italian (provided on www.spaziogames.it forum) and then will summerize it in english.

- in the dev kit he tested, is not possible to "turn off" the Pad monitor, so that it always streams 480p contents

Original post
http://forum.spaziogames.it/board/showthread.php?t=324866&p=16074539&viewfull=1#post16074539

Do beta testers always get to try out a single level of a game that isn't officially in development?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Crytek UK has Wii U devkits, and they're making Homefront 2. Homefront 2 is Crytek's Wii U game, because THQ is all over the Wii U, in order to latch onto that new console hype.

You can pretty much guaranty every major THQ game will be on the Wii U.

That doesn't make sense, you could render a single untextured, colored square to the second screen, that wouldn't take any power at all, let alone enough to make the difference between 720p and 1080p at playable framerates. Nor would showing a single texture on it, like a 2d map or a logo.

Log4Girlz

Crytek UK has Wii U devkits, and they're making Homefront 2. Homefront 2 is Crytek's Wii U game, because THQ is all over the Wii U, in order to latch onto that new console hype.

Man, I hope it looks nice.

I don't think MM will be coming for a few years. More likely a new game. And even likelier still, that ALTTP remake that Miyamoto has been musing about.

Nintendo is considering doing a Majora's Mask remake, but Aonuma's already confirmed that the he's currently working on a brand new Zelda title for the 3DS. He thinks that it would be kind of odd to release two Zelda ports back to back. Miyamoto's seems to be interested in wanting to possibly do a remake of Link to the Past for the 3DS.

A LttP remake or a new game are honestly better idea's than a MM remake. If any Nintendo employees are reading this (I know you are), don't listen to fans like me.

tkscz

Original post

Just translated that, everything is apparently running at ultra version of either DX9 or DX10 (no DX11, so probably OpenGL 3.3 and not 4). Though that's with the game running essentially twice. Something they want to stop doing. Makes me wonder if they could get DX11 level if the system wasn't running games twice. They also aren't done with water shaders, which also tells me they aren't 100% so DX11 level shaders are still up in the air for now.

That doesn't make sense, you could render a single untextured, colored square to the second screen, that wouldn't take any power at all, let alone enough to make the difference between 720p and 1080p at playable framerates. Nor would showing a single texture on it, like a 2d map or a logo.

If the system is running the game basically twice, than yes it is. Until they optimize it and use it fully (something they haven't had time to do yet) then that's all there is. It's still miles ahead of the PS360 version so I see no reason to complain.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Given the history of the user (I'm on that forum too) I'd say that those are all bullshit.
Especially the "I'm a Crytek betatester" part. lol

MOVE RUG

Is the tablet controller capable of being a pointer to the screen too?

We thought it had an IR camera, but it looks like it only has an IR transmitter, as in what you have in a regular TV remote. If it wanted to be a pointer, it would have to cheat in the way that the PS Move cheats, using initial calibration then gyros (the magnetometer should help this, tho

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I must admit, posting this speculation about text games on Wii U, in the middle of a discussion about a current graphical showcase is...lol :D

But why not ? :p We need diversity in the Wii U library

No, I absolutely would NOT be interested in a package similar to the $99 360/Kinect/Live sub with termination penalties. Keep cell phone contract style price structuring scams FAR AWAY from my Nintendo console.

As an option not as the only option. It will not affect those who want to pay upfront. Please read the post properly next time. Also your definition of a scam is weird.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Apart from de Blob, Deadly Creatures and some of the WWE titles, THQ didn't really supply that much for Wii. Though seeing the company's recent change of philosophy with core games now being the sole focus I actually find good Wii U support from them quite interesting. I have yet to make up my mind regarding Darksiders II, but if what you suggest is true it could also mean that Wii U could see release of games like Company of Heroes II, Operation Flashpoint and the Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War series. These games could use the Wii U Remote in very interesting ways, and due to touchscreen it should be fairly easy to control the game as you would with a PC mouse. RTS games should be something the Wii U can do very well.

As for Homefront 2, I also believe there is a strong chance of this game coming to Wii U, as THQ is publishing it. Could prove a great example that there is a home for big action games on Nintendo platforms.

There were no effects in the garden/bird demo that are 'not possible' on the current gen.
In all honesty, I'm kinda wracking my brain thinking of what kind of effects we really should be expecting from the next generation. You brought up tessellation on the page after this post, which is a pretty good one (subtle, but if you look at comparison shots the "tessellation on" shots always look better; things like Adam Jensen's trenchcoat's collar being rounder, or some statues in Arkham City having physical bumps on them as opposed to mere bumpmaps). Obvious ones are 1080p standard (instead of 720p standard, and often less), better AA/AF (not sure how this is on HD consoles, never really analyzed it).

Samaritan is often cited as what next-gen titles should be pushing for, and just going through Epic's bulletpoints here:

Epic said:
Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing
I thought was already standard (thinking of Source's cubemap feature) - is this some kind of realtime version? That'd actually be pretty awesome.

Epic said:
Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive
Not familiar with SSS. The screens they show don't really look much different from current gen; this might be one of those times where some kind of before/after shot would greatly help, because I'm not seeing it just yet.

ED: Decided to go looking. Found this, but aside from the image on the right being redder (which is admittedly more like what skin looks like), it's... eh. On the other hand, I stumbled again upon this CryEngine shot, which admittedly does have some pretty realistic-looking faces... so this is totally not possible on modern consoles?

Epic said:
Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair
Actually, having characters with hair next gen would be pretty nice. So many bald characters. Most attempts to avert it, like Arkham City, come off as looking kinda like clay.

Epic said:
Deferred rendering with MSAA support
Falls in line with my "more AA" guess, I guess.

Epic said:
Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh
This was the only one of those I remembered off the top of my head. Although, I'm not sure if having an intensely small DOF would really be beneficial for a video game, outside of cutscenes, or games taking place on a 2D plane where the designers decided having a legible background is really really really unimportant...

Epic said:
High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.
Isn't this already possible? I mean, they're more expensive than a used cartridge-only copy of Earthbound, but I know I've seen screens from various games (mostly PC) with plenty of self-shadowing, dynamic shadows etc.

Maybe I'm just spoiled and jaded as part of the so-called "PC gaming master race", but most of the changes here sound too subtle to pop another several hundred dollars for a new machine. There's gotta be something more obvious to point to and say "yes, this is not possible on my current rig, I must buy this now". I'm not excluding Wii U from this at all, mind; while the bird demo was impressive (I love that rain segment), nothing exactly jumped out at me as "this has never, ever been done before".

I dunno, I'm just concerned we're hitting the point of diminishing returns - which is kind of hard to fathom, after every console generation jump prior being so large. 3rd generation (NES) -> 4th (Genesis/SNES) had huge and immediately obvious graphical/visual updates. 4th -> 5th (N64/PS1/Saturn) had the introduction of non-rudimentary 3D. 5th -> 6th (Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2/Xbox) had much higher-quality 3D assets. 6th -> 7th (PS3/Xbox 360/Wii) had further higher-quality 3D assets, in addition to HD. What does 7th -> 8th introduce?

At least the Wii U has that tablet, which would sort of reproduce mechanics that would previously only work on the DS/3DS on a home console...

I must admit, posting this speculation about text games on Wii U, in the middle of a discussion about a current graphical showcase is...lol :D

But why not ? :p We need diversity in the Wii U library

I would like something akin to Sierra's* "3D text adventures", which were graphical but had a text parser. They were a fuckton more fun than the babied up "point at stuff and icon contextually changes" BS**.

Give it a little more time, once voice recognition has taken another step in reliability (it's shockingly close to where it needs to be!), and we'll basically be able to reproduce these games reliably with spoken commands.

"Siri, HANDCUFF SUSPECT BEHIND BACK"
…handcuffs suspect in front, bludgeoning occurs, [GAME OVER]…

* also those Kyrandia people, they made some cool stuff, too.
** sorry, I know there are a lot of great games in the altered version of the genre as well

Hiltz

A LttP remake or a new game are honestly better idea's than a MM remake. If any Nintendo employees are reading this (I know you are), don't listen to fans like me.

The good news is that Aonuma made it sound like his next handheld Zelda game won't be like Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass. We can at least look forward to a new art style.

Speaking of THQ, I hear that the company won't be having a booth at E3.However, it will still show off its games.

D_prOdigy

It's ironic that in that purely speculative and hypothetical Crytek situation, they might be able to acheive their 1080p goal by forgoing the uPad entirely and just using pointer controls.

I wonder what studios would decide on if it came to that sort of crossroads.

It's ironic that in that purely speculative and hypothetical Crytek situation, they might be able to acheive their 1080p goal by forgoing the uPad entirely and just using pointer controls.

I wonder what studios would decide on if it came to that sort of crossroads.
they'd use the upad in the smallest way possible.

HylianTom

Banned
The good news is that Aonuma made it sound like his next handheld Zelda game won't be like Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass. We can at least look forward to a new art style.

Speaking of THQ, I hear that the company won't be having a booth at E3.However, it will still show off its games.
I'd love a LttP remake.. imagine Turtle Rock in 3D.. holy shit!

I dunno, I'm just concerned we're hitting the point of diminishing returns - which is kind of hard to fathom, after every console generation jump prior being so large. 3rd generation (NES) -> 4th (Genesis/SNES) had huge and immediately obvious graphical/visual updates. 4th -> 5th (N64/PS1/Saturn) had the introduction of non-rudimentary 3D. 5th -> 6th (Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2/Xbox) had much higher-quality 3D assets. 6th -> 7th (PS3/Xbox 360/Wii) had further higher-quality 3D assets, in addition to HD. What does 7th -> 8th introduce?

Fun.

>_>

I awaken to the news of text games and Zork references?
This is gonna be a good day!

The thing I like about gamers like you is that they remember stuff I can barely recall as if it were yesterday, even the youngins. Makes me feel spry.

But seriously, once voice gets close enough to the level of typed text, if developers try to keep to simple grammatical constructs like they did in the long ago times, we could very well see a Renaissance of the "text adventure" genre (only it'd be the "voice adventure" or "chat adventure").

Hell, down the line we might see MMOCAs -- Massively Multiplayer Online Chat Adventures, where the game being played is listening to what people are saying on their headphones to each other, and it acts on the context of their discussions, makes helpful suggestions, does things for the party that the bulk of the group seem to be agreeing on (preemptive democracy!). The possibilities are endless, and it would be an insanely immersive experience.

I look forward to the day I can finally say "only three weeks left".

I look forward to the day I can finally say "Let's see how this new MapMaker works…"

With all these "power" discussions, I think it's important to remind people that system power means almost nothing for 99% of games. It is extremely expensive to take full advantage of high power, because it takes a long time / a lot of people to do modeling, animating, and lighting at high detail. Money that most publishers aren't willing to pay. This is why every XBox 360 game doesn't look as good as Gears of War, why every PS3 game doesn't look as good as Uncharted. It's also why Square says they weren't going to make a FF7 remake looking like the PS3 demo, they said a full game at that quality was going to need a team of 300 people working for 5 years (the demo was able to use some models made for the CGI movie they were working on at the time). If the Wii-U was capable of doing Samaritan in real time, then some AAA games will be purely amazing...but most games won't look any better than current-gen games, except possibly in terms of framerate/resolution.
That's not as clear cut as you put it there. Games with the same budgetary allocation as the projects we have in this cycle, could look a lot better with access to increased rendering capabilities. No need to increase investment significantly to get amazing results.

I don't understand how the "the pad display can't be turned off" bit of that Crytek rumor makes any sense. I mean, if the subscreen has to render a full 3D 480p version of the main scene - not sure how that requirement could possibly be implemented on a hardware level, but hey - the controller would be pretty much useless to developers at this point.

It does look very nice. But yeah, games have been using similar effects for a long time. Off the top of my head, Gears was using a shader to simulate rain on surfaces, and both Battlefield 3 and The Witcher 2 use the reflection shader for indoor watery areas. I figure Uncharted made use of the effects as well.

I would say Bioshock does it pretty well if you want an earlier example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t-utU84zp-Q#t=43s

I thought was already standard (thinking of Source's cubemap feature) - is this some kind of realtime version? That'd actually be pretty awesome.

That is what I thought myself and is why I think Samaritan is as good as it is. It really isn't the what, but rather the how. All those effects can be cheated in some ways, and to an untrained eye would go unnoticed, but, lets say I walk up to a puddle in the street and instead of seeing some static "reflection" texture that gives the illusion that you are seeing something that appears similar, I am seeing the real reflection of the surrounding area being rendered out in real time in the puddle and this reflection reacts accordingly based on my positioning and the available lighting. This is essentially what I expect out of UE4 and other next gen engines on a whole.

I don't understand how the "the pad display can't be turned off" bit of that Crytek rumor makes any sense. I mean, if the subscreen has to render a full 3D 480p version of the main scene - not sure how that requirement could possibly be implemented on a hardware level, but hey - the controller would be pretty much useless to developers at this point.

It's confusing from a bunch of directions.

If it's showing the same screen, surely it's not rerendering it for the smaller screen. That'd be a little nuts when they could just downres it instead for cheap. And I had thought that they meant that it's streaming whatever buffer they tell it to put to that monitor output, but that'd mean that they'd have the option of "rendering" a blank white screen, which wouldn't at all prevent pretty much full resource usage to the main screen.

We're just not getting the whole picture here. Or we're getting a picture that was assembled by a jokester, of course, that's always an option.

z0m3le

Banned
Crytek is making Homefront 2 for Wii U, so this is wrong.
A game tester would only test a game, in order to find bugs during game play, which is pointless for a tech demo.
It won't use DX9, 10 or 11... Also FXAA is only possible on a Nvidia card, here is a press release from Nvidia about the FXAA tech they developed.
http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/fxaa/FXAA_WhitePaper.pdf
We should pretty much believe this much regardless thanks to the Bird demo and Zelda demo.
Same.
- in the dev kit he tested, it is not possible to "turn off" the Pad monitor, so that it always streams 480p contents
As many people have said, just put a blank screen or menu on the pad and you have all the power back in the box.
An important point, devs will have to figure out how to use the pad as there will be a drain in performance, but this guy is just guessing because he hasn't said one thing correct yet.
Back at E3 last year, the darksiders II Wii U team was able to get the game running on the console in 5 weeks and THEN decided to put in the lines of code to make it possible to render to the controller, so I don't know what he is talking about.

He would have to create it first, since it doesn't exist.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I would like something akin to Sierra's* "3D text adventures", which were graphical but had a text parser. They were a fuckton more fun than the babied up "point at stuff and icon contextually changes" BS**.

Give it a little more time, once voice recognition has taken another step in reliability (it's shockingly close to where it needs to be!), and we'll basically be able to reproduce these games reliably with spoken commands.

"Siri, HANDCUFF SUSPECT BEHIND BACK"
…handcuffs suspect in front, bludgeoning occurs, [GAME OVER]…

* also those Kyrandia people, they made some cool stuff, too.
** sorry, I know there are a lot of great games in the altered version of the genre as well

Where have those glorious old school PC days gone ? :'(

But yeah, there's a lot of things these control schemes can bring to those genres, between voice command, touch control, etc. Just imagine a point & click where you'll not look at a setting limited by your TV size, but a 360° view of it. Point the DRC behind ? You see this suspicious bed with cheap chocolate stains that you can investigate, in the middle of this panoramic view that would be otherwise cut, trimmed, etc, in a traditional monitor.

Even better, if you have enough space, think of a 3D environment surrounding you, like a virtual room rendered on the padlet. Combined with motion controls + gyro, etc, you'll be able to explore it by literally walking in the real life. Move 2 meters forward, the bed appear closer. Hold out your arms with the padlet pointed toward this couch, and you can scrutinize it, like a real detective with its magnifying glass.

Oh and you could add augmented reality stuff that we've suggested in the previous thread.

An imperial return of this genre, in a truly next-gen, fun and innovative way.

Straight text games seem unlikely, but the pad could allow for a whole lot of verb choices in a graphic adventure, which would be very cool.

Maybe on the eShop, with background pictures, some animations here and there for important moments in the history, etc. Like the current text games actually. And yes, for titles relying heavily on dialog, the padlet seems to be very suited for the task :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom