• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Log4Girlz "plant" conversation from a page back was the funniest thing to happen in this thread for a while. Had to shout that out.

Also, I know it's cool to bash on CoD, but Treyarch actually does a genuinely solid job with their titles. If you like the CoD gameplay, they try really hard to deliver a quality, balanced experience, and they've always supported Nintendo platforms, even doing pointer-aiming better than Nintendo themselves. The garbage in Modern Warfare 3 made me appreciate them even more.

So Morgan/G4 are most excited about a yearly rehashed fps, another "realistic" war fps, xxxtreme Kratos, the 6th Halo fps, and Assassin's Creed. No mention of Pikmin because that's for babies I guess.

Why do I watch these videos? They just turn me into an even more bitter old man.

Did they mention the Wii U at all? If they did, how fast was it dismissed?

By Friday, at the latest, I will provide a way to get them out to people who are interested. Probably be email.

Well I'm interested!!!!

It's the most popular franchise in America, you dont really see other games selling, what? 4-5 millions on the first week? I can see why she'd say that.

THIS

What if Nintendo wants to use it's conference to show off the OS and the OS level things+Online and how friends list will work then the software showcase is where we will get all the megaton announcements......

Well if you look at the sales it's hard to say the opposite..

Such sad times we live in.

Btw, I expect her to say something so stupid and threadworthy like every year

The gaming industry could do a lot worse than CoD being its most popular franchise.

The games are quality and incredibly addictive.

Ala Alba

What is this? And WHY GOD WHY

As to your first question, while I'm not sure exactly what it is, I believe it is Bianca (a.k.a. Bel from Pokemon) poking a Sawk's arm and squeeing in delight.

But I don't watch that show, so I can't say for sure.

As for your second question... I have no clue.

When was this? That's like the #1 want on my features list for the U!

Quite a few recent Nintendo titles have had Achievements built into them, so I think the chances of something system-wide on the WiiU is not out of the question.

The gaming industry could do a lot worse than CoD being its most popular franchise.

The games are quality and incredibly addictive.

This is true, the CoD games are definite quality. Just kind of sad at the same time we've become a FPS generation with a serious lack of innovation or inspiration in the genre. As great as banana's are, eating different degrees of ripeness all the time gets old and annoying. Where and how have the pure mechanics and core shooting controls evolved this generation vs. simply reiteration and prettier pictures?

Well folks, just a week away. I decided to retire my Snifit for awhile to put on some more formal attire.

CrowE3.jpg

Time to put to start putting on those tuxedos, gentleman!

MST3K%20E3.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys aren't G4's market, so I don't know why you watch them.

Does G4 still have Ninja Warrior on all the time? Because that was more or less my only reason for watching them until DirecTV took them off, and it was a very, very good reason.

...I miss G4. :(

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I think this the most secretive Nintendo has been in a long time. We knew about the controller well in advance if e3 last year. We really don't shit about what's going to happen this e3.

AniHawk

I think this the most secretive Nintendo has been in a long time. We knew about the controller well in advance if e3 last year. We really don't shit about what's going to happen this e3.

smt 4, mirror of shadows, power of illusion, and nsmb2 are all big-ish games for the 3ds that were revealed in the last few months. we also have a pretty good idea of what the games for the wii u will be, and have already seen several in motion. we know about the changes to the controller since last year. we know that the os is going to be a big part of their focus with the system.

i wouldn't expect too many huge surprises. i think we'll know most of their show the night of june 4, or the early morning of june 5.

antonz

smt 4, mirror of shadows, power of illusion, and nsmb2 are all big-ish games for the 3ds that were revealed in the last few months. we also have a pretty good idea of what the games for the wii u will be, and have already seen several in motion. we know about the changes to the controller since last year. we know that the os is going to be a big part of their focus with the system.

i wouldn't expect too many huge surprises. i think we'll know most of their show the night of june 4, or the early morning of june 5.

It will be interesting to see what happens on the 4th. We know Ubisoft is blowing the lid off their Wii U stuff. Will EA and such be allowed I wonder.

Ubisoft blowing the lid on its Wii U stuff a day early is interesting because at least on Paper Ubisoft is the Wii U biggest supporter. Having all their stuff shown the day before leaves gaps for the next day

I agree quiet Nintendo is a scary Nintendo...

I htink the third party stuff will be up to them but the Wii U first party will be up to Nintendo and I think it's still too much stuff to keep in one conference.

Aren't Konami showing/talking about stuff?
On the 31st of this month.

Oddduck

It will be interesting to see what happens on the 4th. We know Ubisoft is blowing the lid off their Wii U stuff. Will EA and such be allowed I wonder

What I'm wondering is if we'll see EA back on stage with Reggie/Iwata like last E3.

It seemed like last E3, Nintendo and EA really made a big deal out of their partnership with John Riccitiello on stage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well folks, just a week away. I decided to retire my Snifit for awhile to put on some more formal attire.
Avatars will be disabled during E3 right? Guess I could change to my Iwata edit I did for the last Nintendo Direct in preparation though.

Bring on the box photos!

antonz

Aren't Konami showing/talking about stuff?

With Konami I dont know if we can ever know what they are actually going to do.

Surprised really on the leak side of things in general. ESRB guy didnt put out a list of stuff saw with misinformation tossed in or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom