• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avatars will be disabled during E3 right? Guess I could change to my Iwata edit I did for the last Nintendo Direct in preparation though.

Bring on the box photos!

Right, it's to get ready for E3, adding it before the avatars go on break.

cattudedo.jpg

It's late at night. Terrible photoshop but whatever lol.

3144601_o.gif

we also have a pretty good idea of what the games for the wii u will be, and have already seen several in motion..
Well, we know of a small few of the games anyways, and we've seen one of them in motion since last E3...

Well, Apple are having their own press conf thingy next week. Might just be iphone games,itv, or new ipod touch.
Apple's press conference is the week after E3, June 11 to be specific. It's their normal keynote speech for their WWDC conference. Last year it was actually overlapping Nintendo's press conference.

Ryoku

Well, we know of a small few of the games anyways, and we've seen one of them in motion since last E3...

Apple's press conference is the week after E3, June 11 to be specific. It's their normal keynote speech for their WWDC conference. Last year it was actually overlapping Nintendo's press conference.

Which one?

Oddduck

DrWong

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-to-embark-on-storyteller-ebook-initiative-at-e3/096905

This report is making Forgetthebox.net's story about Nintendo looking into ebook digital distribution slightly more believable.

Also take into consideration that the new Wii U controller's screen is around an inch bigger.

Yep. I'v pointed here to a company dedicated to bring such content to different systems and working for Wii U: Evergeek Media Inc.

On the game side, don't know if already reported here, if yes sorry: Jett Tailfin to be Unveiled for Wii U at E3

Maximum Games today announced plans to unveil Nintendo’s Wii U™ title, Jett Tailfin™, at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-to-embark-on-storyteller-ebook-initiative-at-e3/096905

Sony getting ready to announce ebook service for PS3 and Vita.

This report is making Forgetthebox.net's January article about Nintendo looking into ebook digital distributionfor Wii U and 3DS more believable.

http://www.forgetthebox.net/mag/culture/forum-m/nintendo-e-readers.php

Also take into consideration that the new Wii U controller's screen is around an inch bigger than it was last year.

UPad being used like a sort of Kindle?
I could do with it, provided one could bring it everywhere like a common tablet/ebook; it would still be nice to read ebooks just in the drawing-room, but it would make quite a gimped ebook reader.

Oddduck

UPad being used like a sort of Kindle?
I could do with it, provided one could bring it everywhere like a common tablet/ebook; it would still be nice to read ebooks just in the drawing-room, but it would make quite a gimped ebook reader.

What makes the rumor interesting is the forgetthebox article talked about Nintendo allowing players to use strategy guides. And then a month later, the Tekken producer talked about the idea.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/tekken_wii_u_could_use_controller_as_digital_strategy_guide

I could see strategy guides being useful on Wii U's controller.

Especially with the talk about Wii U having a multitasking OS.

Oddduck

any new leaks I'm not aware of ??

so around 7" would be AMAZING !!! OMG for me this is better than Analog Triggers !!

I'm not 100 percent sure if it's an inch bigger, but I swear I heard someone say this on here.

Edit: I think it was less than an inch bigger.

I'm not 100 percent sure if it's an inch bigger, but I swear I heard someone say this on here.

I think it was about that patent that had the Analog sticks controller and the E3 controller toghter ,,,it shows that the E3 one (6.2" i guess) has a bigger screen than the Analog sticks controller (the one TT employee leaked)

if its not on the eShop, then this company is out of their fucking mind.

antonz

What was stated was that it received a tiny increase from 6.2" to something more in line with 6.5"

Any such change would be done for cost reasons as most screens at this size are 6.5" so to make a 6.2" would probably cost Nintendo more.

What makes the rumor interesting is the forgetthebox article talked about Nintendo allowing players to use strategy guides. And then a month later, the Tekken producer talked about the idea.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/tekken_wii_u_could_use_controller_as_digital_strategy_guide

I could see strategy guides being useful on Wii U's controller.

Especially with the talk about Wii U having a multitasking OS.

Yeah, that was one of the first thing that sprang to mind upon last year's conference - being able to browse walkthroughs on the fly without having to quit the game - but honestly I would rather stick with old Gamefaqs, as I'm afraid they would try and charge users for the service.

Oddduck

I think it was about that patent that had the Analog sticks controller and the E3 controller toghter ,,,it shows that the E3 one (6.2" i guess) has a bigger screen than the Analog sticks controller (the one TT employee leaked)

if its not on the eShop, then this company is out of their fucking mind.

On the youtube description it says, "Tailfin Racers THD is complete with many enhanced effects for NVIDIA Tegra-powered Smartphones and Tablets"

So there's a pretty good chance it's a downloadable game and not retail.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's another Nintendo conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom