• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a complete guess on my part, but I think Activision and EA will be fully on board as well.

Activision, quite possibly. EA... I'd like to think so, but their unwillingness (inability?) to get a Crysis 3 port greenlit is not encouraging. I can only hope that both MoH:WF and DS3 are coming.

It still seems like Ubisoft is the only major third party to fully get behind Wii U. Hopefully, things look different after next Tuesday.

Give it time. Some stuff will definitely get skipped at launch and that isn't necessarily a bad thing since the system has a user base of 0 right now.

Really I'm just waiting to see what Activision and EA have in store, especially for launch.

Activision, quite possibly. EA... I'd like to think so, but their unwillingness (inability?) to get a Crysis 3 port greenlit is not encouraging. I can only hope that both MoH:WF and DS3 are coming.

If we get those and BlOps2 day and date with the others the launch is going to be absolutely STACKED.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I could be way off, but I was under the impression EA has little say/power over Crysis 3.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
See guys ? You have to thanks the Frenchs ! :D

I will admit that the leaked Rayman Legends trailer has hyped me more than anything else this pre-E3 season. Cannot wait to have that game (and the DRC) in my hands.

Redford

aka Cabbie
If there's a whole cadre of small to medium studios on the Nintendo sizzle-list, I'll consider this E3 a round success.

And chances of an internal HDD? Or at least an empty bay?

abasm

And chances of an internal HDD? Or at least an empty bay?

Doesn't there have to be one? I doubt Nintendo would promise same-day digital releases if we were forced to use external HDDs on USB 2.0.

Whether you could replace the drive with a larger one is another question. Wii says "No." 3DS says "Maybe".

I wonder how big the flash drive is in the console. Can't be less than 8gb. But yeah still sucks that we'll likely have to get external drives.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I thought it was confirmed last E3(on the Nintendo site) that it would only have internal Flash & support for external HDD?

Since then they've announced a DD initiative. Frankly I would surprised if that announcement from last E3 held, especially after the devs have had a year to muscle in their requests.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Just had a small idea, felt the urge to write it somewhere

Mario Aquarium !

You'll have an underwater Super Mario Bros Level with HD graphics, photorealistic fishes, jellyfishes, seaweed, a lot of bubbles + soothing sea sounds (of waves and small movements in the water, etc.) rendered on the padlet hold vertically on a stand, a real little aquarium put in your bedside table, to chill out and sleep well.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I only want an internal drive if it is a SSD (Solid State Drive). I don't like noise.

BREAKING NEWS:

A truck full of WiiUs just got hijacked, Nintendo has cancelled E3

I am not a suspect... I repeat... I was not near the truck 22 minutes ago

Mario Aquarium !

You'll have an underwater Super Mario Bros Level with HD graphics, photorealistic fishes, jellyfishes, seaweed, a lot of bubbles + soothing sea sounds (of waves and small movements in the water, etc.) rendered on the padlet hold vertically on a stand, a real little aquarium put in your bedside table, to chill out and sleep well.

Would this tie into Miyamoto's recent hobby of taking up swimming? After all, it seems like his hobbies affect his direction in games (ie gardening inspiring Pikmin).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Mario Aquarium !

That's taking my least favorite part of every Mario game and making it a full-fledged game :(

A truck full of Wii U's is being loaded.

crowtrobot.jpg

Redford

aka Cabbie
Then we're gonna need a bigger case.

Indeed. Which shouldn't be out of the question since it has been subject to change. Look at the 360 S drive, it's no bigger than an empty wallet.

I'd be really disappointed if this desire to have a small console comes before including a standard feature of gaming consoles.

I only want an internal drive if it is a SSD (Solid State Drive). I don't like noise.

Actually, installing games to an HDD makes the console run almost silent. Quieter than the optical drive spinning.

Instro

Since then they've announced a DD initiative. Frankly I would surprised if that announcement from last E3 held, especially after the devs have had a year to muscle in their requests.

Well, they could simply have an SKU that includes a Nintendo branded external HDD with the system rather than trying to stuff in an internal one. I would rather they add USB 3.0 than waste everyone's money on a large internal HDD.

jacksrb

See guys ? You have to thanks the Frenchs ! :D

I assume that your sources are Ubi related. I hope you can continue to share more insight after the big reveals next week. Do you think you will be able share more personal perspectives on the WiiU development then?

Also, thanks for spreading out your "infos" and keeping the thread interesting (even though it made me want to stab some people posting the same questions/hate).

jacksrb

BREAKING NEWS:

A truck full of WiiUs just got hijacked, Nintendo has cancelled E3

I am not a suspect... I repeat... I was not near the truck 22 minutes ago

Rookie mistake. Of course those "official" looking trucks were just carrying leftover Virtual Boy stock.

The ragged El Caminos with the tarp across the back being held by bungee chords was in fact the real shipment of Wii Us.

"See you suckers at E3" shouts Reggie (from one of the El Caminos).

wsippel

Banned
I'm hoping for an internal hdd, but who knows with Nintendo
HDDs make very little sense from a BoM standpoint because they hardly get cheaper over time. After a few years, the HDD would become the most expensive part of the console, making certain price points unreachable.

Pocks

HDDs make very little sense from a BoM standpoint because they hardly get cheaper over time. After a few years, the HDD would become the most expensive part of the console, making certain price points unreachable.

Indeed.. larger capacities may get cheaper, but that's about it.

I just hope Nintendo releases an enclosure that matches the Wii U's aesthetics.

That's taking my least favorite part of every Mario game and making it a full-fledged game :(

He wasn't talking about a game. He's talking about a portable aquarium emulator. Kind of like those fishy screen savers people used to run on their desktop computers.

edit: Also, POST 18 is finally up to date with respect to the time I missed.

Anth0ny

Rewatching last years Nintendo conference. They dedicated a good 16 minutes to Zelda at the beginning. It didn't feel that long last year, but man, it drags.

I hope they don't waste time like that this year. 20 minutes on 3DS, 40 on Wii U. No messing around.

royalan

Rewatching last years Nintendo conference. Man, they dedicated a good 16 minutes to Zelda at the beginning. It didn't feel that long last year, but man, it drags.

I hope they don't waste time like that this year. 20 minutes on 3DS, 40 on Wii U. No messing around.

You already know a good 15 minutes is going to be wasted on Reggie's Super Slow-Mo PR speak...

Rewatching last years Nintendo conference. Man, they dedicated a good 16 minutes to Zelda at the beginning. It didn't feel that long last year, but man, it drags.

Well, when they reveal the Wii-U Zelda game coming at launch, they'll spend like 20 minutes on just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom