• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

BD1

Banned
If the GAF servers are having trouble in the pre E3 phase, E3 itself is going to make the servers explode!

I know :-(

I'm getting myself prepared for that. I just don't see how this place is going to hold together during E3.

Hansolocomeonbabyholdtogether.gif

ElRenoRaven

If the GAF servers are having trouble in the pre E3 phase, E3 itself is going to make the servers explode!

Oh they'll do more then explode. The servers will meltdown, then catch fire, and then explode. They will not survive the first conference. It's going to be a dark dark time for all.

Completely non-sequitur, but I just realized the baseball teams at the beginning of the video were fake. (WHT? BLE? Huh?)

Still, good to finally figure out where that Zelda shot with the lemons came from.
Yea they modeled the Uniforms after 2 of the most popular teams in baseball...
Cubs and Yankees

I really do love Sony's strategy of creating new IP's for western audiences like God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, KillZone, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, The Last of Us, etc.

Nintendo needs to follow that strategy to grab a bigger market share in the west. They need to take advantage of Retro Studios and Monster Games and use them to create new IP's/franchises.

Nintendo have games that sell more in the west than any of the games mentioned(odd how you didn't mention Sonys biggest franchise GT), I don't really understand your point(unless you mean games created by western teams).

oh-you-show.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
You know what would be awesome? Eternal Darkness 2 (or some other survival horror game) with two player coop - and insanity effects. Coop makes games less scary? Not necessarily. I'd say they can be even more disturbing and scary. Imagine both players entering a room, but it looks entirely different for both players. One player sees a dark, moody place, left many years ago, whereas the other sees a nice, clean and cozy place. You stand right next to your friend in the game, but you see completely different things, and can't comprehend why your partner reacts the way he does. Or imagine walking down a corridor and your friend suddenly turns around and seemingly starts to attack you - except he doesn't. The AI takes over, and the "attacking" player doesn't even notice. Or imagine one player suddenly seeing a ton of monsters without the other player noticing. Because they're not really there? Or maybe they are there, but one of the players simply can't see them? Or imagine fleeing from a threat, running down a corridor, turning a corner, but for one player, there's no door at the end - it's a dead end. Or is it?
The possibilities for asymmetric multi-player are truly boundless. Let's hope nintendo release the pad at a sane price (assuming they will support more than one, that is).

Nintendo have games that sell more in the west than any of the games mentioned(odd how you didn't mention Sonys biggest franchise GT), I don't really understand your point(unless you mean games created by western teams).

To me Uncharted seems bigger than GT, I don't see how GT would be Sony's biggest franchise. Though I'm not as knowledgeable about Sony as I am of Nintendo.

So it's pretty much nothing until E3 in respect to sanctioned media blowouts, eh?

Not even a magazine feature?

Wasn´t there a magazine wich hinted at an unveil. There was a blacked out image of what looked like a map or sort of... Isn´t it about time to be revealed?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So I was making a doctor appointment today and the attendant was throwing dates and times out for me and one that came up was June 5th, and I suddenly said no like four times before she could even spit out the time.

She laughed and was like, "something big must be going on that date."

And I was like "heh, yeah a little bit".

there is probably a better thread for this but Trauma Center Second Opinion is $7.99 at BestBuy.com, I just ordered my copy and found out I had a $5 certificate so that brought the total to $3.24 for me haha

So I was making a doctor appointment today and see was throwing dates and times out for me and one that came up was June 5th, and I suddenly said no like four times before she could even spit out the time.

I wouldn't even attend several family members funerals on this date. This day is Holy.

To me Uncharted seems bigger than GT, I don't see how GT would be Sony's biggest franchise. Though I'm not as knowledgeable about Sony as I am of Nintendo.

GT5 and GT5P are Sony's two best selling first party titles on the PS3. In fact, GT games are the best selling first party games on every Sony console.

Sony makes quality franchises that in theory appeal to western audiences, but they don't sell nearly as well as Nintendo games, and not quite as well as Microsoft's stable of Halo / Gears. Although GT may be in that range.

They are however very well made and sell consistently pretty well i think

DrWong

So it's pretty much nothing until E3 in respect to sanctioned media blowouts, eh?

Not even a magazine feature?
Nintendo Direct? It would be amazing to have one before E3. I know it's unlikely but it's just that if it were the case it would increase the Hypometer by 1K, without even talking about what it could imply in term of content delivery for E3.

I know, crazy talk...

Thraktor

One more thing: As far as I can tell, Nintendo hired a lot of developer support staff in recent months. Low level programmers, middleware experts and such.

Also, the technology team at NoA (Steve Rabin and some low level optimization gurus) recently designed and patented a new type of assembly editor and debugger.

Interesting, do you have a link for the patent?

So I was making a doctor appointment today and see was throwing dates and times out for me and one that came up was June 5th, and I suddenly said no like four times before she could even spit out the time.

"How about June 5th? Will your body be ready then?"

"Well, er- wait wha-"

XWgj7.png

Beth Cyra

Sony makes quality franchises that in theory appeal to western audiences, but they don't sell nearly as well as Nintendo games, and not quite as well as Microsoft's stable of Halo / Gears. Although GT may be in that range.

GT is above that range really. Per game it's around or above Halo and outsells a great deal of Nintendo's big franchises.

GT sales make some Nintendo franchises look small, let alone Uncharted.

True, & they have a far more varied range of 1st/2nd party exclusives than either MS or Nintendo, but to say they have more western appeal is, imo, wrong.

Obviously! It will also be more enjoyable than Monday Night Raw.

Having piles is more enjoyable than RAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom