• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're officially less than 2 weeks away, guys!
8bb3s.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I wish Nintendo could slim up the tablet around the screen. I feel there's too much space. They could probably get things a bit closer and still keep the comfort. It just looks so damn 10.35 inches big.

Fixed it for you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38092925&postcount=362

---

I agree. I'd be happy if they moved the cross stick more underneath the left stick and on the right cam up with a GameCube like, non-symmetrical button config that used less width.

Of course, the device might not seem so large in person.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I thought this was a genius idea because of how many dogs have these chips. On the microchip implant wiki it says that there is different types of chips, some with encryption. So i'm guessing there would be a compatibility issue there

I'm pretty sure we'll see a NFC reader app, but scanning a pet, well...why not ? :p

With Paris Hilton starring in the marketing campaign. Imagine the scene: she returns from a shopping session with its fashionistas friends, smiling and singing its latest beautiful song. Then she fall upon a lost chihuaha, ultra cute, with a pink ribbon. She cries in front of this desperate situation (with over-the-top dramatic background music) bring it back to her trendy flat decorated with 150 pairs of expansive french shoes, and put the pet on the padlet. A cheesy, suspense sequence, while waiting for the scan. It recognize it's name, she screams "Loupiiiiiiiii", then call its owner, which happens to be robert pattinson, single in this alternate reality. The two meet then end up being married, living a fairy tales life full of candies and pink bubbles, stopping the depraved manners and excess Paris had now & then.

This application could revolutionize our existences !

Ohhhhhhh, better idea ! A dating option for the pocket Wii U streetpass. You dream of meeting your other half geeky girl wearing customized tshirts with private jokes only understood by wow players, eating paprika chips while watching 10 hours of DOTA or SC2 replays matchs ? No problem, update your profile in "NintenDoMeAFavorFindMyLove" app with your preferences, it will automatically upload it to a nifi streetpass pocket device, playing the winning midi of Mario Bros when you're approaching your ideal partner, starting the "FMBAEPAYITHADDITPNYNAFL"* game consisting of finding her in the middle of a packed crowd in public transportation.

*Find Mii By Asking Every Person Around You If They Have A Dating Device In Their Pocket, No You're Not a Freak Lulz

Seriously, the NFC (coupled with wifi/bluetooth for bigger range) must be used in fun ways ! So much potential !

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Interesting, do you have a link for the patent?
I second that motion, as I got nothing here.

ed: wait, I think it's right there on the same page, a tad earlier than those 'Steve Rabin, Redmond' entries. I guess it's the same inventor, but in .. BotHell?

I'm pretty sure we'll see a NFC reader app, but scanning a pet, well...why not ? :p

With Paris Hilton starring in the marketing campaign. Imagine the scene: she returns from a shopping session with its fashionistas friends, smiling and singing its latest beautiful song. Then she fall upon a lost chihuaha, ultra cute, with a pink ribbon. She cries and bring it back to her trendy flat decorated with 150 pairs of expansive french shoes, and put the pet on the padlet. A cheesy, suspense moment, while waiting for the scan. It recognize it's name, she screams "Loupiiiiiiiii", then call its owner, which happens to be robert pattinson, single in this alternate reality. The two meet then end up being married, living a fairy tales life full of candies and pink bubbles, stopping the depraved manners and excess Paris had now & then.

This application could revolutionize our existences !

Ohhhhhhh, better idea ! A dating option for the pocket Wii U streetpass. You dream of meeting your other half geeky girl wearing customized tshirts with private jokes only understood by wow players, eating paprika chips while watching 10 hours of DOTA or SC2 replays matchs ? No problem, update your profile in "NintenDoMeAFavorFindMyLove" app with your preferences, it will automatically upload it to a nifi streetpass pocket device, playing the winning midi of Mario Bros when you're approaching your ideal partner, starting the "FMBAEPAYITHADDITPNYNAFL"* game consisting of finding her in the middle of a packed crowd in public transportation.

*Find Mii By Asking Every Person Around You If They Have A Dating Device In Their Pocket, No You're Not a Freak Lulz

Seriously, the NFC (coupled with wifi/bluetooth for bigger range) must be used in fun ways ! So much potential !

Speaking of NFC...

If the gamercard is real you could turn on and log into your Nin account by just waving the gamercard over the NFC spot. Would be as cool as it gets to start a console :) (Even if the controller itself would need some kind of standby to be able to do this)

liger05

Really cant wait for E3. Unless this thing is ridicously priced day 1 purchase is a lock for me. Just hope its region free so I then dont have to decide to get Japanese or Pal version.

The possibilities for asymmetric multi-player are truly boundless. Let's hope nintendo release the pad at a sane price (assuming they will support more than one, that is).

You know what would be awesome? Eternal Darkness 2 (or some other survival horror game) with two player coop - and insanity effects. Coop makes games less scary? Not necessarily. I'd say they can be even more disturbing and scary. Imagine both players entering a room, but it looks entirely different for both players. One player sees a dark, moody place, left many years ago, whereas the other sees a nice, clean and cozy place. You stand right next to your friend in the game, but you see completely different things, and can't comprehend why your partner reacts the way he does. Or imagine walking down a corridor and your friend suddenly turns around and seemingly starts to attack you - except he doesn't. The AI takes over, and the "attacking" player doesn't even notice. Or imagine one player suddenly seeing a ton of monsters without the other player noticing. Because they're not really there? Or maybe they are there, but one of the players simply can't see them? Or imagine fleeing from a threat, running down a corridor, turning a corner, but for one player, there's no door at the end - it's a dead end. Or is it?

Imagine a resident evil game that is assymetrically cooperetive, one person in one area playing on the main screen using wii remote and nunchuck fighting off hordes of zombies with reident evil 4 wii u controls. At the same time, another is person sniping them from a distance while on a recon fetch quest using the tablet and zapper combo. Finally a third player using the tablet with analogue and stylus controls solving a puzzle in the classic resident evil style.

This is the reason i want a bit of grunt in that cpu and gpu, to be able ti provide local multiplayet assyemtrical cooperative campaign missions. This will add so much value in the single player campaign as you can choose to play the game through using each of the three methods and potentially have three different gameplay experiences in one game.

HylianTom

Banned
Just think: as soon as E3 is done, the really, truly hard wait begins. We'll know sooooo much more, and we'll know what we're waiting for, and we'll begin plotting camping and preorder and vacation arrangements..

This was the easy wait. The last five months are going to be agony.

Sadist

Just think: as soon as E3 is done, the really, truly hard wait begins. We'll know sooooo much more, and we'll know what we're waiting for, and we'll begin plotting camping and preorder and vacation arrangements..

It will be easy because I need a job... every day without a job is a wallet filled with nothing.

I don´t know. At least its "just" 5 Month and not 12 ;) And we may get more stuff announced along the way.

Problem is, i want to take my vacation time as early as possible, so i hope we will know the release dates on August, if it launches in November.

HylianTom

Banned
It will be easy because I need a job... every day without a job is a wallet filled with nothing.
Ahh.. so you're taking the "I'll simply work through it" stance. One of my personal favorites.

My coping method will be "I'm workin' overtime!"/"Let's Collect All Two-Hundred-and-Somehing Shines!" combo method.

Sadist

Ahh.. so you're taking the "I'll simply work through it" stance. One of my personal favorites.

My coping method will be "I'm workin' overtime!"/"Let's Collect All Two-Hundred-and-Somehing Shines!" combo method.
I wish I could work through it. I've been unemployed for the last three months and nothing on the horizon. Stupid crisis...

I need money to buy stuff and all sorts :(

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

A little bit of Diablo 3, Mist of Pandaria beta, Max Payne 3, etc. and dissecting every Wii U E3 footages from your Ipad while eating m&m's ! :)
Time will fly !

yes... yes that´s him...

IT´S WHAT???

IT´S TIME!!!

Wait… I wasn't watching back then (I came in while DDP was coaching Christian in matters of happiness), but isn't that Vader's line?

My coping method starts now. I'm going to the store and shopping for (A) a large container to hold spiced rum for next weekend, (B) ingredients for baking cookies, (C) boots for walking around in a muddy field, and (D) duct tape for making a bullwhip.

Distractions rock. Before I know it it'll be next week!
only then will I start getting fidgety

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

I disagree. This wait is a LOT harder. Once I know what is coming I can get my expectations in check and get busy focusing on other stuff.... Until it comes out. :p

Antman2012

Neo Member
To be fair Ideaman, When we are upon the last few days before Zero-time, We wont be craving news. We will be preparing our bodies. Some sooner than others. However this is the dead-period where we are so close but so far. We needzzzzz teh hits....

How about you throw out one tidbit every day and one mini-bomblet every 3-4 days until E3? We get our fix, You get fame, And we all...GET GLORY

Please...We beg of you....

Itll be like SSBB Japan Time. IT would be AMAZING

BD1

Banned
Now that Take Two has announced the MLB license with 2K is done, it effectively leaves multiplatform MLB games dead. I wonder if Nintendo would consider reviving Pennant Chase Baseball as a Wii U exclusive?

I miss the days of Nintendo published sports titles.

Gosh, only an hour? Are they usually only that long? I can't remember.

Perhaps there is a useful post somewhere in this thread filled with an information summary which could help you. >_>

* For excitable Internet fans of E3 videos, Nintendo will be delivering four important items to your PC: Their E3 conference; a Software Showcase; the low-key megaton producing round table which previously had only been available via media report; and a developer dicussion with a Wii U hardware producer. (keep watch here)

To be fair Ideaman, When we are upon the last few days before Zero-time, We wont be craving news. We will be preparing our bodies. Some sooner than others. However this is the dead-period where we are so close but so far. We needzzzzz teh hits....

How about you throw out one tidbit every day and one mini-bomblet every 3-4 days until E3? We get our fix, You get fame, And we all...GET GLORY

Please...We beg of you....

Itll be like SSBB Japan Time. IT would be AMAZING

Seriously, some time next week, my mind WILL go into "HYPE E3" mode! Usually when we reach the "ZOMG!! LESS THAN A WEEK" phase :)

antonz

It is cool that Nintendo is embracing the video side of things more. Will be fun to see the roundtable instead of just hearing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom