• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero148

I think all of these rumors sound plausible. The part with the development problems when porting from PS3 to WiiU sound more like a problem with difficult PS3 programming than WiiU (we know making games for the PS3 is harder than for the 360). So this somehow confirmes and at the same time denies the IGN articel we have a thread about in the gaming forum.

The face recognism for making WiiU Avatars sounds like a logical evolution out of the 3DS.

Very interested now in the full OS and its features (more so than ever) :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
The conference will be an hour long sizzle reel with 200 games.

Zombie-Kermit_3001.jpg

I was not ready...

Vinci

Danish
Wii ___? It might be big, but for the E3 crowd, not as big as Smash.

Well then Wii 'whatever' certainly isn't.

Reread his earlier post. Hardcore wasn't mentioned until after. I never suggested that Wii ____ was big with the hardcore types, just that it was bigger than Smash.

Aside from Club Nintendo and Facebook and all that jazz, I really hope Nintendo has a better dialogue with their fans this gen.

I was shocked they used Facebook/Twitter. It's almost like they're catching up with the rest of the world in terms of online connectivity and functionality!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
We are now 24 hours away from Nintendo Direct.

Reread his earlier post. Hardcore wasn't mentioned until after. I never suggested that Wii ____ was big with the hardcore types, just that it was bigger than Smash.

Oup, sorry. Also, I wasn't trying to be snarky if I came off that way.

Anyway, I do expect they will focus on games for the 'core' market.

eh, in a way I'm excited about Nintendo's pre-E3, but on the other had I feel it could dilute the reveals on Tuesday. It's like opening some of your presents on Christmas eve, takes away from Christmas mornnig

Vinci

Danish
Oup, sorry. Also, I wasn't trying to be snarky if I came off that way.

Anyway, I do expect they will focus on games for the 'core' market.

It's cool. To be fair, though, the best option wouldn't be Smash - but rather a new IP from Retro designed to entice the enthusiast market. That's what everyone wants to see, what Nintendo has new for them.

HylianTom

Banned
eh, in a way I'm excited about Nintendo's pre-E3, but on the other had I feel it could dilute the reveals on Tuesday. It's like opening some of your presents on Christmas eve, takes away from Christmas mornnig

Who knows? This may be Nintendo's equivalent of giving us our Christmas pajamas on the night before Christmas.

They may well be saving the new bikes and video game consoles for Christmas morning..

It's cool. To be fair, though, the best option wouldn't be Smash - but rather a new IP from Retro designed to entice the enthusiast market. That's what everyone wants to see, what Nintendo has new for them.

Right, I actually don't think Smash would be the biggest game there. Retro's project among others will be the heavy hitters, but having Smash in there definitely wouldn't hurt.

royalan

I like that they're doing it this way. I mean, let's face it: with the conference being onl an hour long and the 3DS still needing to be pimped out, there won't be enough time at the Tuesday conference to adequately cover the Wii U even if they left out the 3DS entirely (which they wouldn't).

I think making this entire week about Wii U is the smart move. Save the BIG reveals for the conference, but start an open dialogue about Wii U from the very beginning and keep it going.

antonz

I think in a way they have to talk hardware early because Ubisoft and such were given the go ahead for Monday to reveal stuff. Nintendo isnt one to let others do the big reveal so they are making sure to get some info out ahead

Zero148

Right, I actually don't think Smash would be the biggest game there. Retro's project among others will be the heavy hitters, but having Smash in there definitely wouldn't hurt.

I think if you go for hit potential in a sales way, NSMBU will be the biggest hit followed by Smash if it is there. I can't really think of anything Retro could do with the sales potential of a new Smash Borthers.

But if you mean hit @ GAF, than Retro should be the biggest game (except a hypthetical 3D Mario)

•New image based Lens Flare tech,occurs dynamically.
•UE4 capable of producing one million particles at once with no hit to game peformance.

ibgcMAbm3dSITW.gif

Apparently, next-gen is all about PARTICLES, PARTICLES EVERYWHERE

edit: I tell you one thing though, I love the way the armor on his upper thigh interacts with the rest of his thigh, no clipping

Anth0ny

•UE4 capable of producing one million particles at once with no hit to game peformance.

http://i.minus.com/ibgcMAbm3dSITW.gif[ /IMG]

Apparently, next-gen is all about PARTICLES, PARTICLES EVERYWHERE[/QUOTE]

How will we survive playing Mario with no particles?

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE

ibgcMAbm3dSITW.gif

Apparently, next-gen is all about PARTICLES, PARTICLES EVERYWHERE

edit: I tell you one thing though, I love the way the armor on his upper thigh interacts with the rest of his thigh, no clipping
Whatever the hell that is, is happy as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom