• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast Summary.

- Controller redesign talk. Nothing new here.
- Not sold on the sticks. (Think they can suck. Apparently the Nunchuck's stick is crap. What?)
- Chicken and Waffles...
- More food talk...
- The SOBs go off-topic for absolutely no reason and it's boring as shit why am I listening to this dear God save me!
- They mistook Lego City Stories for Lego Universe...
- STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD, FOR GOD'S SAKE!
- Metroid x Star Fox talk.
- "Nintendo is basically making games based on ideas kids get on gamefaqs."
- Corrects the Lego Universe mistake.
- Rich (?) doesn't believe the Metroid x Star Fox rumour. At all.
- Wish for return of the "Hub-world a-la Super Mario 64" in Super Mario Wii U.
- ... They don't really seem to be interested by talking about actual news... they've been arguing for a good 10 minutes about the hub-world.
- Believes RE6 will come to Wii U. Will lag (as in, performance-wise).
- E3 in general is Nintendo's show and it's their E3 this year to loose.
- Predicts Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario and Animal Crossing 3DS release dates announcement.
- Random talk of Animal Crossing memories. THIS IS BOOOOOOORING!
- Talking about Nintendo's Dark E3s.

Vectorman, I want my 45 minutes back! This was crap boring.
iF0EE.gif

Thats been the main thing I have been saying. The Wii U is powerful enough to matter but if People treat it like the gamecube and only buy Nintendo games it will be treated like the Gamecube by publishers.

And quite frankly this time around a gamecube type failure would be catastrophic for Nintendos safety net

Hey. Like I said, i'll be doing my part. If the media is anti-nintendo them some people here are anti-everyone else. I can see from that short list of games a number of people saying that not one of the those titles interest them. Really?

Dunno, I thought it was just we want to make 'teh epicz games' and weren't gonna be able to realise our dream on that type of system/Nintendo weren't really going in the same type of direction so they parted ways.

I'm pretty sure I read that Nintendo hid the Wii's capabilities from everyone, and just told 2nd/3rd parties to develop games for it on their GameCube dev kits. For Factor 5 specifically I do recall reading that they wanted to work with Nintendo again but Nintendo didn't know what they were doing and wouldn't fund them so they left and went to Sony to develop Lair. Otherwise, that works for both interpretations though so I suppose it's a moot point.

EDarkness

It honestly felt like a SK or Factor 5 type situation where they saw the Wii and were like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh thats not really where I see myself going". A fair complaint but the thing was so depressing to listen to, I had to go out and seek other podcasts where people actually were still actively interested in Nintendo so were a little..... I dunno, more lively about things and it wasn't all a chore/sighing/mocking lol.

The new guys are funny, and I can tell they actually at least like Nintendo still, or rather more tolerable to what they are now. But they do get sidetracked a lot.

Still love Audrey though. <3

Well, I understand what you mean, which is why I started my own podcast. It's not the funniest or most awesome podcast out there, but it's fun to do and I like chatting about game stuff. Heh, heh. We also don't talk down about any system out there.

Will also take an HD remix of NBA Street Vol 1. Make it happen nintendo. I dare you. That would be the secret weapon lol.

Edit: Is this considered port begging?

jacksrb

Outside of any specific information, man am I excited about this time of year!

The three week span from pre-E3 to E3 to post-E3 is the most exciting out of the year.

Throw in that Nintendo has the stage all to themselves as far as new hardware and unannounced games (with some great 3rd party support), and we are in for a hell of an E3.

Can't wait to smile, laugh, curse and enjoy the E3 coverage coming up!

Outside of any specific information, man am I excited about this time of year!

The three week span from pre-E3 to E3 to post-E3 is the most exciting out of the year.

Throw in that Nintendo has the stage all to themselves as far as new hardware and unannounced games (with some great 3rd party support), and we are in for a hell of an E3.

Can't wait to smile, laugh, curse and enjoy the E3 coverage coming up!

I know it's all about the games but it's about how nintendo is promoting this one. They reserved two TV channels, have three conferences which will all be televised, a facebook page, and their own stream on their homepage. Nintendo is going all out. They know they have a lot to live up to after last years more than lackluster reveal and after more than a year of silence. The ball is in their court and nintendo is taking off from the free throw line.

Well, I understand what you mean, which is why I started my own podcast. It's not the funniest or most awesome podcast out there, but it's fun to do and I like chatting about game stuff. Heh, heh. We also don't talk down about any system out there.

Is that the one in your profile link? Will check it out.

antonz

Well Geoff teased he is up in the area filming E3 content tonight. Though it doesnt mean Nintendo since Microsoft is next door

Effect

Thats been the main thing I have been saying. The Wii U is powerful enough to matter but if People treat it like the gamecube and only buy Nintendo games it will be treated like the Gamecube by publishers.

And quite frankly this time around a gamecube type failure would be catastrophic for Nintendos safety net

See I think it's wrong to expect people to buy certain games just because. People buy what they like or feel interested in. It's up to publishers to actively try to sell their games to consumers. That's what gamers are and I think they have a real problem with doing that when it comes to Nintendo consoles. They have no problem doing that for games that only appear on Xbox 360 and PS3. What is it about Nintendo console owners (that may also have those other systems but they could be secondary) that they think they don't have to actively try to sell their product to them? Why should Nintendo system owners be expected to just buy something and not have it sold to them and then be held at fault when they buy the games (Nintendo games) that are?

I really don't understand this. I already know what I like. I'm going to be open to new games coming out but with a budget I will pick my games carefully. What interest me mores gets bought. As a Nintendo fan the games from them a built in advantage but that doesn't mean others can't win out but I will have to be sold on those games for that to happen.

Penguin

I actually watched the movie today for the first time since the first time I saw it when I was a kid (like, sub-10).

And it's getting way too much hate.

I watched it like 2 weeks ago.. for my weekly drunken movie.
And I am split on it.

Its a fun and very entertaining movie.
But it fails as an adaption of the property. And I think that's where the beef is. It has little to do with the actual Mario games

Effect

I can enjoy it by itself to be honest. Even if it's just nostalgia as I saw it as a kid. It has Mario elements just twisted and made "real world". It's not the adaption that should have been done but an adaption all the same when you break it into pieces. I think it depends on how much that really bothers, annoys, or angers you. Not something I think people should hate to be honest.

MisterHero

hey guys i found a bunch of concept art for the SMB movie, i want to share a couple
ew8ak.jpg

ISvfs.png

nintendo beat voldemort by like 100 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom