• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had performance problems, but all early UE3 games, and Mass Effect in general, had performance problems. In terms of reworking the user interface for PC Demiurge knocked it out of the park. Full mouse control for pretty much everything, hotkeys, and a squad menu system that gave greater control over the original 360 version.

BioWare's PC ports of ME2/ME3 performed well, but ignored all the HUD and UI advancements Demiurge made. You have less control than the original. ME3 is the worst of the bunch, as it strips the control down further (eg: removing holstering entirely because of console limitations), and had even less graphical tweaking options.

u r 100% right EC, these quotes from their website from the gaming community about their Mass Effect version:

“It’s almost blasphemy to call this game a port. The controls are so good that it’s virtually impossible to tell that the game was originally a console release.”
Game Daily

“Demiurge went one step further and geared the gameplay experience for the PC, with an intuitive new interface that feels natural, unlike any number of console-to-PC ports over the years.”
Game Zone

“Revisiting Bioware’s space epic Mass Effect for its PC debut was a must; this is the way the game was meant to be played”
Ars Technica

“All I can say to PC-owning Mass Effect virgins is: I’m jealous. I wish I could play it for the first time once again.”
Videogamer

so WiiU version is actually in good hands ;)

btw I was concerned about the gaming being pitched to another team and being in development for a shorter time than the other versions which might lead to a delayed wiiU version

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I know Ubisoft will show something, but is EA confirmed for anything?

I am kinda glad that even if EA can't take advantage of the tablet controls, the classic controller is so similar to the Xbox360 and PS3, that at worst it will control as well as those versions. With hopefully improved visuals. CAN'T WAIT! I basically bought a PS3 this current gen for the sports games because as fun as WiiSports was, the real sports games didn't translate well at all to the Wii, especially to the Wiimote.

No, I do not think EA has confirmed anything. I suspect they will, but nothing has been said like with Ubisoft.

effzee

What are the Gaf feelings about Wii U after the N direct of yesterday?
To me nothing has changed: I'm still waiting to see the real deals of the console.

It was an appetizer, I guess. I wanted more concreted information on the network but I guess by the end of this week we should know everything.

I think they wanted to introduce the feature they did show, including the new controller, because third party games will be shown today possibly with that new controller.

HD NINTENDO TODAY!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It seems that Ninty stupidly won't mandate that every game can be played just using the Upad screen so no, he'll still need that tv.
And why would they mandate that? I'm asking that as somebody who fully intends to do some upad-only gaming.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It was an appetizer, I guess. I wanted more concreted information on the network but I guess by the end of this week we should know everything.

I think they wanted to introduce the feature they did show, including the new controller, because third party games will be shown today possibly with that new controller.

HD NINTENDO TODAY!

Yeah, more or less I agree.
I'm a little scared about the new Classic controller ( I hope it will be just for local multiplayer for those who don't have CCPro from the Wii), I'm quiet happy about the new controller, I'm quite happy about the use of it as a remote universal controller, I'm quiet happy about the integrated "Postbox/Twitter" communication interface.

I hope they'll show tons of games, tomorrow...

z0m3le

Banned
And why would they mandate that? I'm asking that as somebody who fully intends to do some upad-only gaming.

Doesn't the new controller sort of promote the idea that you won't need a second screen for every game? I mean they called it a controller for multiplatform titles, obviously they are expecting some devs to ignore the screen for the most part.

Honestly not every game needs the screen and having pad only gameplay is huge... laying in bed playing Wii U on just the controller, sounds like a huge selling point to the system.

daakusedo

About the zombie game for yesterday, we don't even know if it's a placeholder or a real thing, it was too brief to clearly see, so to hide a quick modeling or an actual game?
We can see a royal guard and british cop zombies in the first shots...

About the zombie game for yesterday, we don't even know if it's a placeholder or a real thing, it was too brief to clearly see, so to hide a quick modeling or an actual game?

I thought it was just a poke at "hardcore gamers" honestly. That's how I took it, at least.

I...hadn't thought about that. This isn't likely to launch with the system is it? Japan, and the world in general, can't handle something like that on day 1.

dunno about launch but when the miiverse hits all platforms all those moble hands in Japan talking on the miiverse about DQX o_O

man this social thing when crazy popular games is kinda scary to think about, at least people will be alone together T-T

effzee

Yeah, more or less I agree.
I'm a little scared about the new Classic controller ( I hope it will be just for local multiplayer for those who don't have CCPro from the Wii), I'm quiet happy about the new controller, I'm quite happy about the use of it as a remote universal controller, I'm quiet happy about the integrated "Postbox/Twitter" communication interface.

I hope they'll show tons of games, tomorrow...

Maybe I am still confused about it, but does this mean the WiiU will support all the following:

1. WiiU Gamepad (Tablet)

2. WiiU Pro (classic controller)

3. WiiMote/Nunchuck

4. Wii Classic Controller

?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

It would be a great marketing bullet point for one. And really useful for folks like me.

dunno about launch but when the miiverse hits all platforms all those moble hands in Japan talking on the miiverse about DQX o_O

man this social thing when crazy popular games is kinda scary to think about, at least people will be alone together T-T

And they haven't even touched their socially connected achievement system yet o_O

Maybe I am still confused about it, but does this mean the WiiU will support all the following:

1. WiiU Gamepad (Tablet)

3. WiiMote/Nunchuck

?

Balance Board as well.

Pikmin 3 is 27 hours away.

My body is not ready.

8years was not enough time to prepare.

At least two locations and four unique models as well as button prompts. Not impossible for it to be a mock up, but in my opinion it does seem excessive for something that was probably on screen less than 2 seconds total.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It would be a great marketing bullet point for one. And really useful for folks like me.
A marketing bullet point that directly contradicts the major bullet point of the system - asymmetric gameplay?

Re the usefulness - some games will allow upad-only play, some won't. A normal gamer's reaction is to deal with that. I too intend to take full advantage of upad-only gameplay, whenever possible.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

1. WiiU Gamepad (Tablet)

3. WiiMote/Nunchuck

?

They have to clarify.
What we know up to now is that it is compatible with all the peripherals of the Wii. And that the Gamepad is the main controller.
It seems that the new Pro pad could be an alternative for the local multiplayer for those who don't have the Wii remote plus / classic pad

Tim-E

Since the new controller is rechargable, I'd honestly be willing to buy another Wiimote if they made a new version that was rechargable like the new stuff. I hate, hate, hate, hate dealing with batteries.

Nickovic

1. WiiU Gamepad (Tablet)

3. WiiMote/Nunchuck

?

I don't think 4 has been confirmed and I don't think it will be for anything on the U, Apart from backwards compatibility with the Wii games that used it.

So we're about three hours from the first of the big three's conferences. Anyone else eagerly awaiting the inevitable 500 errors?

Also, if they do close Off-Topic, I wonder if Gaming Community goes with.

Javier

Wii CC/CCPro will likely be supported, mainly because of Wii BC.

In fact, Nintendo would have to go out of its way to make anything that plugs into a Wiimote not compatible.

Since the new controller is rechargable, I'd honestly be willing to buy another Wiimote if they made a new version that was rechargable like the new stuff. I hate, hate, hate, hate dealing with batteries.

With all the different controllers, and 3DS on top of it, I could see a conductive mat charger being quite handy. Dont know the specifics on those things, but they seem to cater more towards an eco-system of related products such as what Apple or Nintendo could offer.

So we're about three hours from the first of the big three's conferences. Anyone else eagerly awaiting the inevitable 500 errors?

Also, if they do close Off-Topic, I wonder if Gaming Community goes with.

I already had an error

not sure why the avatars have not gone down yet... what is a good site to watch all the conferences today while NEOGAF is down?

Tim-E

I have a busy day of work today, so I'm going to miss Microsoft's conference, but I honestly don't really care about it, so no I'm not too upset.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't think 4 has been confirmed and I don't think it will be for anything on the U, Apart from backwards compatibility with the Wii games that used it.

I think that Wii classic controller was already shown for the asymettrical local multiplayer

I am more excited at Retro doing a 2D HD Metroid side scroller
3AQmK.gif

my miiverse is ready

Will we have any "leaks" today/tonight? I remember recently we've had leaks and early reveals on IGN/Some Newspaper but I can't remember if they were on the same day as the conference or the day before...

AntMurda

I am more excited at Retro doing a 2D HD Metroid side scroller
3AQmK.gif

my miiverse is ready

Why not a have Retro Studios develop a niche JRPG strategy game instead? Both would get the same reaction when you present the idea to Nintendo. Truth is the studio costs money to run, they want some returns.

The thread title is really fitting, I guess it's the only place that have not been invaded by haters and trolls...

It's pretty nice to be back and enjoy E3 with you guys and gals...

May our fallen brethren and sisters who didn't make it watch over us from heavens as we conquer the E3 :D

And fuck you Nintendo for surprisingly announcing a ND while I had banished myself!

Will we have any "leaks" today/tonight? I remember recently we've had leaks and early reveals on IGN/Some Newspaper but I can't remember if they were on the same day as the conference or the day before...
I doubt it, Nintendo has been keeping into their secrets very hardly this time.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Metroid Prime with the PRO controller would be awesome. Wasn't too fond of the controls in Prime 3.

I could kill someone at Nintendo if they'll propose their mor important titles without the Gamepad. especially Metroid with its visors...

I must admit, nintendo touched my soul when they said they would try to guard against spoilers. That shit went beyond gaming for a brief moment with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom