• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
damn you guys are so negative, lol. keep your head up.

ill have mine up tomorrow morning for sure.

and by head, i mean my penis

and by up i mean morning wood

and by tomorrow morning i mean for an hour straight during nintendo's e3 conference

Fantastical

Death Prophet
damn you guys are so negative, lol. keep your head up.

ill have mine up tomorrow morning for sure.

and by head, i mean my penis

and by up i mean morning wood

and by tomorrow morning i mean for an hour straight during nintendo's e3 conference

But can you keep that boner when you see those weak ass textures of Zombi U?

then fine not CG, but why is it degrading so much that you can see it? can't they keep it all the same detail level?

They could but it would require them to lower the model quality for cutscenes. Devs usually up those models because you're going to be seeing closeups of the character in cutscenes while you really won't be paying much attention to the detail in the model when you're playing the game. It's a balancing act.

Here's a bad case for tomorrow, and something I hope doesn't happen.

Here's what I don't want to happen:
- Nintendo slacks on graphics for most of their games (NSMB, Pikmin, Wii U Sports / Party game, Kirby or Yoshi game) leaving the only really impressive title to Retro. They look good enough but are outshined by most PS3/360 games we've been seeing at E3.
- 3rd party support is obviously lacking. Nintendo highlights Zombi U as a big "hardcore game" with little else from 3rd parties.
- No eShop games revealed for Wii U.
- Nintendo spends more than 7 minutes on New Super Mario Bros.
- Embarrassing demo showing a party or casual game that lasts too long and is just generally embarrassing. (Maybe Your Shape Fitness?)
- More than 2 multiplats demoed.

Get hyped, lol. :p
I'm a worrier.

could happen...

they could also go service service service set-top-box mode for over half the time like MS did
I hope Nintendo remembers its all about games

what I do not want to see is AC3 for the 3rd time in two days on the 3rd stage in 2 days sheesh... that goes for any other 3rd party game... Maybe they will show yet another AC3 level that ship thing really came out of left field

anything can happen but since Nintendo seemed to have planned not to show 3DS during that time I just hope for Ubi level good stuff stay on message and keep knocking them out without a stupid lull in the middle

Anth0ny

I'm suddenly okay with Wii U not getting RE6. Game looks like ass. I'd rather have RE4 again.

Can't sleep. I wish Giant Bomb would start already.

I am off to work, and something tells me servers tonight will be totally overloaded...

will see you later

just imagine them doing an overkill like that Nintendo Direct for 3DS where they showed one game after another; so goood, it's almost better than sex :D

3ds uses the same card slot anyway, why would they need to get rid of ds compatibility?
3DS Go :D

Pretty sure it's still an FPS. We'll see tomorrow.
definitely, I didn't meant on-rail, I meant in the style as of not taking itself seriously; I think bulletstorm is another similar example

Hilo

Long time lurker, first time poster in a WUST. Just want to say thanks to all of you for making this year long wait less agonizing. Remember, it's the actual content that really matters. And based on what I've heard, you won't be disappointed!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
they could also go service service service set-top-box mode for over half the time like MS did
I hope Nintendo remembers its all about games

I didn't even think about that. :S I don't care if they just announce Netflix, Hulu, blah blah quickly and move on, but don't linger on "entertainment".

- Nintendo slacks on graphics for most of their games (NSMB, Pikmin, Wii U Sports / Party game, Kirby or Yoshi game) leaving the only really impressive title to Retro. They look good enough but are outshined by most PS3/360 games we've been seeing at E3.
- 3rd party support is obviously lacking. Nintendo highlights Zombi U as a big "hardcore game" with little else from 3rd parties.
- Embarrassing demo showing a party or casual game that lasts too long and is just generally embarrassing. (Maybe Your Shape Fitness?)

I'm a worrier.
Get Scared! lol.. that zombi U must got people twisted or something..that and new super mario bros Wii U...they act like this
ibxaAGy5TuM0Ly.gif
did not exist...fuck IM HYPED!!!

I'm suddenly okay with Wii U not getting RE6. Game looks like ass. I'd rather have RE4 again.

Can't sleep. I wish Giant Bomb would start already.

same here on both points I was hoping GiantBomb would help me get a few hours closer then I try to sleep a while

seriously fuck Capcom

also lets hope we do not see that god aweful Ninja Gaiden port lol was it cancelled?

same here on both points I was hoping GiantBomb would help me get a few hours closer then I try to sleep a while

seriously fuck Capcom

also lets hope we do not see that god aweful Ninja Gaiden port lol was it cancelled?
I doubt it;

were the problems with the game fixable like AI, etc., or was it basically bad?

oh god, that's awesome lol

one thing I like about tomorrow, is that it will be a classy show

We won't see Reggie or Iwata trying to 'connect' to dudebro gamers, or telling lame ass jokes trying to sound cool.

At worst, it will be a classy bad show; I just hope Reggie is happy tomorrow, sometimes he looks angry

Instro

I'm a worrier.

It's ok, one was announced earlier today. Crisis averted!

Either the team is just incapable of producing HD graphics or the LyN engine is just bad.
Or they haven't shown it yet at all and you're making assumptions that the little flashes during Nintendo's presentation that were obviously not meant to be seen in detail were final graphics and gameplay of a full game. Personally, I think that's just as likely as the game's official trailer being real gameplay :)

It's ok, one was announced earlier today. Crisis averted!
we actually know of 2

1. Chasing Aurora
2. A Shin'en game

Or they haven't shown it yet at all and you're making assumptions that the little flashes during Nintendo's presentation that were obviously not meant to be seen in detail were final graphics and gameplay of a full game. Personally, I think that's just as likely as the game's official trailer being real gameplay :)
I think it's a download game, and those graphics suits a download budget game.

Hilo

This guy isn't writing dreams, now.

I think that it's possible the video of Zombi U in ND we saw was weeks, maybe up to a month old, if not even older, much like the Bird Demo. It's entirely possibly they've polished it significantly since then, or, at least the bits they're showing for the conference.

Also, bare in mind that these are blurry, low-res shots, just being proper quality could improve them (or make the short-comings more obvious).

snesfreak

Banned
THIS.
Seriously.

Well, it's past 1am here so I need to get some sleep soon. Just wanted to say it's been great discussing with you guys the last three months. I came in late but it's been a blast and helped make the E3 wait so much more bearable. So I picked out a special (temporary) farewell video and prepared a little address, NOTE: DO NOT CLICK THIS if you haven't seen the last episode of
Babylon 5
and don't want it spoiled!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNciln7qwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wii U Speculation Thread VI was the last of the Pre-E3 Wii U discussion Threads.

It changed the future of Neo GAF Community.

And it changed us.

Instro

we actually know of 2

1. Chasing Aurora
2. A Shin'en game

Yeah but we haven't seen non-specific Shin'en game yet. Chasing Aura had a screen and details!

Actually it'll be great if Nintendo rolls out a sizzle reel for these kinds of titles. I bet Shin'en will make something really impressive.

I haven't been following them closely, but I'm gathering a lot of dissatisfaction with the Sony and MS conferences. Is this E3 Nintendo's to "lose" in the media's eyes?

antonz

I haven't been following them closely, but I'm gathering a lot of dissatisfaction with the Sony and MS conferences. Is this E3 Nintendo's to "lose" in the media's eyes?

Probably. Ubisoft put on a solid show. I know Sony rubbed alot of Journos the wrong way with the crowd plants. Turned their conference into a fanboy wank

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Probably. Ubisoft put on a solid show. I know Sony rubbed alot of Journos the wrong way with the crowd plants. Turned their conference into a fanboy wank

Did you get this from Twitter or what? I haven't read anything but I haven't been looking. It was painfully obvious there were plants.

Yeah but we haven't seen non-specific Shin'en game yet. Chasing Aura had a screen and details!

Actually it'll be great if Nintendo rolls out a sizzle reel for these kinds of titles. I bet Shin'en will make something really impressive.
Shine'n will just need to make their games 1080p and add some shader effects, etc. and their games will look better than most current HD games.

---

3. NSMB 3DS will be on the eShop as well. Not an eShop game per say, but eh.
had forgotten that :D
I think we will see at the 3DS conference though

antonz

Did you get this from Twitter or what? I haven't read anything but I haven't been looking. It was painfully obvious there were plants.

Yeah some journos were commenting on twitter about it.

Sony invited 200 diehard fans to come in and did it on a first come first serve basis so they got the hardcore of the hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom