• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Giant Bomb tonight is frankly embarrassing. I stopped listening to it because of the stuttering of the stream and Pachter. Honestly, inviting Pachter to anything is just a recipe for disaster. I'm sure he's a great guy or whatever, but the guy just can't talk about video games on the same level that Giant Bomb or really anyone can that pays attention to this stuff.

EDIT: And I'm not talking about Wii U stuff. The broadcast was all over the place.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Anyone check out the rate of new posts on the Gaming forum? For once, the WUST is normal compared to the rest of the forum.

Anyone check out the rate of new posts on the Gaming forum? For once, the WUST is normal compared to the rest of the forum.

E3 tends to bring out the insanity.

Please Nintendo... have a more fun presentation...
I don't see how it could be worse than Sony's or MS.

We know very little about the WiiU, and it's apparently taking the bulk of the conference time.

We should get more than a few surprises.

I don't understand how MS Smart Glass is a "Ferrari" to these gaming "journalists" compared to the Wii U gamepad. It's an expensive touch screen acessory with no tactile feedback. So...it's like a sports car that doesn't come with a steering wheel or tires?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Sony and Microsoft really have become more and more predictable.

greg400

Banned
1338880473937.gif

FyreWulff

I don't understand how MS Smart Glass is a "Ferrari" to these gaming "journalists" compared to the Wii U gamepad. It's an expensive touch screen acessory with no tactile feedback. So...it's like a sports car that doesn't come with a steering wheel or tires?

It's not even a standardized input, it seems it's just anything that can connect to Live and output an image.

I saw this coming with the ATLAS app for Waypoint. It was something they sell Windows 7 phones used to very obviously test this concept, as it lets you play Reach and see weapon drops/player locations on the map as you play with an overhead view. It was very obviously a test for some sort of Wii U tablet mimic and was added in last year's title update for the game.

You're probably just going to see it mostly on games that have a Wii U version will put whatever they did on the Wii U controller via SmartGlass, just so MS can claim some sort of feature parity. Except since it's done over the web, it's input latency will be more than the Wii U's controller.

AniHawk

Today is the day.

Anyway, how was the Sony conference? I missed it because it was at 3 AM where I lived.

it was pretty cool. it started with some garbage from david cage, then they showed off playstation all-stars (which looked fun), and then had an assassin's creed iii demo, god of war ascension stuff, the last of us stuff, a couple of games for the vita, and that was it.

there was also some book thing but i didn't watch the whole conference. the only actual bad part about the conference is probably how little focus there was on the vita. they're bundling the exclusive ac3 spinoff with it, which is cool, but outside of that it didn't seem like there was much of a gameplan for the future.

i dunno. i think people are being too harsh to microsoft and sony. there hasn't been a really bad conference since 2008 when e3 was still invite-only and nintendo did the wii music stuff.

guit3457

Nintendo PR:

"At the E3 Expo, Nintendo will reveal a massive lineup of first- and third-party video games for the Wii U home console and the Nintendo 3DS handheld system.”

pulga

Banned
i dunno. i think people are being too harsh to microsoft and sony. there hasn't been a really bad conference since 2008 when e3 was still invite-only and nintendo did the wii music stuff.

*shudder* Don't remind me.

But I'd still rate 2008 higher than MS' conference this year. Halo 4 was the only salvageable thing.

AniHawk

*shudder* Don't remind me.

But I'd still rate 2008 higher than MS' conference this year. Halo 4 was the only salvageable thing.

what was in 2008? nothing? smash and mario kart were already out. wario land? more nothing?

microsoft had, at least, halo 4, new fable, new forza, new gears, and all that stuff. if nintendo announced new games for all their main franchises, people would be pretty satisfied. microsoft just did all that (aside from the announcing thing- we knew about them beforehand but still).

i think a lot of people are upset because microsoft went and did what they always meant to do, which was to make the xbox the THING to have in your living room that did everything (and beat sony to it). they're still making games, but the point of the xbox project was never for it just to be a games machine.

Kenka

Still 7.5 hours to go. I cannot wait to see with what sauce Nintendo will eat me today.

Flavours available: disappointment/pleasant surprise/redemption/stun

Elfteiroh

Seriously, this thread have become a great community. It's not the first place I posted on NeoGaf, but I've been posting here almost exclusively since I started. :p
You guys are great and discussions are always interesting. I fear that I won't know where to go once E3 will end... :(

Could we do a sort of continuation for the WUST alumni? :p
The chat is too fast paced for my taste and comments tends to fly by without being seen there.

Or is all these discussions only there because of E3, and everybody will stop having interesting things to say? :/
Ah, well, all good things comes to an end...

The conference tomorrow could be the worst ever, the time spent with you was the best, and as some Buddhists once said (paraphrased): "It's not the destination that is important, but the journey."
And this journey was great because of all of you.
Because of AceBandage, IdeaMan, EatChildren, snesfreak, Gahiggidy, Chet Rippo, Smiles and Cries, Terrell, Linkhero1, Fantastical, Sadist
with his recent almost constant freaking
, Agent Unknown, GameplayWhore, Pulga, Cabbie, Plinko, bgassassin, Father_Brain, onilink88, ShockingAlberto, -Pyromaniac-, Anth0ny and even Thunder Monkey
despite his overt sexual innuendos (and I'm very generous by using innuendo)
! Ah, even BurntPork could be funny some times
when he said pretty stupid things
He was also very helpful in the saleages threads.
Good predictions = opposite of BurntPork's predictions
Hell, I forgot almost everybody, but you all were very great. xD
Even if some of you were negatives sometimes, it was great. Thanks. :D

Now I'll go to sleep, as I have to get up in less than 5 hours to get ready for the E3 Party I'm throwing tomorrow. XD

Seriously, this thread have become a great community. It's not the first place I posted on NeoGaf, but I've been posting here almost exclusively since I started. :p
You guys are great and discussions are always interesting. I fear that I won't know where to go once E3 will end... :(

The chat is too fast paced for my taste and comments tends to fly by without being seen there.

(...)
Wii U Hate Thread I - Why Nintendo, why?

Or is all these discussions only there because of E3, and everybody will stop having interesting things to say? :/
Ah, well, all good things comes to an end...

The conference tomorrow could be the worst ever, the time spent with you was the best, and as some Buddhists once said (paraphrased): "It's not the destination that is important, but the journey."
And this journey was great because of all of you.
Because of AceBandage, IdeaMan, EatChildren, snesfreak, Gahiggidy, Chet Rippo, Smiles and Cries, Terrell, Linkhero1, Fantastical, Sadist
with his recent almost constant freaking
, Agent Unknown, GameplayWhore, Pulga, Cabbie, Plinko, bgassassin, Father_Brain, onilink88, ShockingAlberto, -Pyromaniac-, Anth0ny and even Thunder Monkey
despite his overt sexual innuendos (and I'm very generous by using innuendo)
!
Hell, I forgot almost everybody, but you all were very great. xD
Even if some of you were negatives sometimes, it was great. Thanks. :D

Now I'll go to sleep, as I have to get up in less than 5 hours to get ready for the E3 Party I'm throwing tomorrow. XD

In ur endo.

Well, hopefully if everything goes according to plan we'll all be together on the Miiverse. :)

I feel like I'm peddling some weird cult when I say that...

Elfteiroh

Well, hopefully if everything goes according to plan we'll all be together on the Miiverse. :)

I feel like I'm peddling some weird cult when I say that...

I would be glad to be part of this weird cult. ;)
I heard someone say that mad cultists where the bests
in bed
. :O

What do you mean? You are the leader of this week's ritual.
He's trying to preserve the illusion of secrecy!

darthdago

it was pretty cool. it started with some garbage from david cage, then they showed off playstation all-stars (which looked fun), and then had an assassin's creed iii demo, god of war ascension stuff, the last of us stuff, a couple of games for the vita, and that was it.

there was also some book thing but i didn't watch the whole conference. the only actual bad part about the conference is probably how little focus there was on the vita. they're bundling the exclusive ac3 spinoff with it, which is cool, but outside of that it didn't seem like there was much of a gameplan for the future.

morning everyone!!
May I ask you?!
Wasn't GTA V shown on MS or Sony presentation???

Beside all that not even a small leak from Wii U stuff??

So Zombi U is a real game....and they have cancelled what for that?

antonz

morning everyone!!
May I ask you?!

GTA V is missing in Action.

ZombiU is Killer Freaks from Outer Space evolved as Ubisoft put it

morning everyone!!
May I ask you?!

No GTA, and no leaks. Zombi U trailer was shown UBI didnt play it Rayman Legends was demoed though. I think its an U exclusive.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
1) I'm really sad that Killer Freaks became Zombie. And if possible Zombi looks worst than the old build of KF...

2) With the announcments of various games from Ubi for Wii U (as Zombie, AC3, Your shape, Rayman Origins and so on)...can we assume that other Ubi titles will not be for Wii U, such as Splinter Cell? I was really looking for it...

3) What do you thin about the absolute absence of any other Wii U game up to now from third parties? No EA games, no Konami games...was Ubi the only company allowed to show something for Wii U before Nintendo, or is Ubi the only softco developing something new (no old ports...) for the console?

darthdago

GTA V is missing in Action.

ZombiU is Killer Freaks from Outer Space evolved as Ubisoft put it

hmmmmm......(about GTA V) maybe we will see it in some hours....

what?? Killer Feaks is not comeing anymore??
Zombie game is an evolved game?
I'm...kind......kind of......I don't know......maybe.....ohhhh yeah.....I think I shold be happy to see another Zombie game cos we haven't seen Zombie games for so long......It's good not to see a new IP with Killer Freaks....(ironic)....cos there are so many new IPs out there like 100 each month.....
I'M SAD....

hmmmmm......(about GTA V) maybe we will see it in some hours....

what?? Killer Feaks is not comeing anymore??
Zombie game is an evolved game?
I'm...kind......kind of......I don't know......maybe.....ohhhh yeah.....I think I shold be happy to see another Zombie game cos we haven't seen Zombie games for so long......It's good not to see a new IP with Killer Freaks....(ironic)....cos there are so many new IPs out there like 100 each month.....
I'M SAD....

I honestly think they changed it due to the fact that zombies are more marketable, generally speakings. I guess. I don't know anymore.

FyreWulff

Was just thinking. I wonder if the LED for the Universal Remote can be used outside of TV remote mode. That would let a developer use IR connectivity either between the controller and a device (ala Pokewalker) or between the Controller and a 3DS.

If it can be used, developers have all of this for I/O just in the controller:

Video In (Camera)
NFC Write
NFC Read
IR Out
Gyro
Accelerometer
Touch

pulga

Banned
what was in 2008? nothing? smash and mario kart were already out. wario land? more nothing?

microsoft had, at least, halo 4, new fable, new forza, new gears, and all that stuff. if nintendo announced new games for all their main franchises, people would be pretty satisfied. microsoft just did all that (aside from the announcing thing- we knew about them beforehand but still).

i think a lot of people are upset because microsoft went and did what they always meant to do, which was to make the xbox the THING to have in your living room that did everything (and beat sony to it). they're still making games, but the point of the xbox project was never for it just to be a games machine.

Honestly? Don't remember much from '08. But atleast Nintendo flopping is somewhat amusing. What Microsoft displayed today was downright sleep inducing. Usher was the nail in the coffin for me.

Gahiggidy

Do you think Nintendo paid money to get Zombie U as an exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom