• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

japtor

3) What do you thin about the absolute absence of any other Wii U game up to now from third parties? No EA games, no Konami games...was Ubi the only company allowed to show something for Wii U before Nintendo, or is Ubi the only softco developing something new (no old ports...) for the console?
That was kind of weird, I'm guessing that means third parties will demo at Nintendo's for better or worse...which could mean another goddamn AC3 demo. I'd guess Aliens:CM considering how much Gearbox has talked up the Wii U version, otherwise I have no clue but I'd like to see Madden and Project CARS (just cause I want them).

z0m3le

Banned
Do you think Nintendo paid money to get Zombie U as an exclusive?

With RE6 on the other consoles and not on Wii U as of right now? I think Ubisoft decided to focus on Wii U since they can have the only Zombie game on the system. I sort of expect the RE6 game to be late to Wii U, but to have some special features thanks to the controller, maybe even with some sort of DLC from the HD twins, included for free on Wii U to sort of make up for the delay.

japtor

About Killer Freaks to ZombiU, what other examples are there of a game changing direction completely a year after being shown and releasing soon afterward? Just wondering if it's potentially disastrous as it seems, all I can think of is Star Fox Adventures but that doesn't seem like as much as of a change as this one.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I think that it's possible the video of Zombi U in ND we saw was weeks, maybe up to a month old, if not even older, much like the Bird Demo. It's entirely possibly they've polished it significantly since then, or, at least the bits they're showing for the conference.

Also, bare in mind that these are blurry, low-res shots, just being proper quality could improve them (or make the short-comings more obvious).
There is a good reason they are blurry low res shots. Because the game looks so awful they edited away as much as they could for he promo spot.

1338888689430.png

Found on 4chan. Discribes my situation perfectly, haha.

About Killer Freaks to ZombiU, what other examples are there of a game changing direction completely a year after being shown and releasing soon afterward? Just wondering if it's potentially disastrous as it seems, all I can think of is Star Fox Adventures but that doesn't seem like as much as of a change as this one.
StarCraft lol

That was kind of weird, I'm guessing that means third parties will demo at Nintendo's for better or worse...which could mean another goddamn AC3 demo. I'd guess Aliens:CM considering how much Gearbox has talked up the Wii U version, otherwise I have no clue but I'd like to see Madden and Project CARS (just cause I want them).

I hope we do, and as a means to show how much better the Wii U version is. If it is indeed "at least on par but we can't say anymore", as they put it.

z0m3le

Banned
There is a good reason they are blurry low res shots. Because the game looks so awful they edited away as much as they could for he promo spot.

I don't see how ubisoft couldn't make a better looking game, 99% sure it's just too early to show, but can't avoid showing it, since everyone was expecting killer freaks.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

SpyBorgs
yep, we're screwed

did they show the console versions or PC versions?

Cause obviously Wii U version won't top the latter

Not visually, but it could crush it in the control, screen management and extras department.

SpyBorgs
yep, we're screwed

Shit. I tried to like that game and couldn't :^/

So hyped for Nintendo later today.

GTA V not appearing yet is interesting. Can it be..?

After a few confirmations of it showing up at e3, and not being at two of the three big conferences...shit is definitely a little weird.

Edit: But... *looks down*

Not visually, but it could crush it in the control, screen management and extras department.

I'm trying to keep my hype in control; fuk haters, Wii U GamePad IS next gen gaming

btw, FUK nintendo for not using analog triggers; how the hell are we going to play racers? fukers :D

But well, I was going to buy a PS3 anyway and think will be content with GT5 for years (like were with GT3)

I'm trying to keep my hype in control; fuk haters, Wii U GamePad IS next gen gaming

btw, FUK nintendo for not using analog triggers; how the hell are we going to play racers? fukers :D

But well, I was going to buy a PS3 anyway and think will be content with GT5 for years (like were with GT3)

You don't need an analog trigger if you don't need to let your foot off the gas! Yes, its coming.

If not, the second analog has been working for a few people for gas/brake management.

z0m3le

Banned

forza 4 is better IMO, as for analog triggers, yeah a bit disappointing, but I always put the pedal to the metal anyways, so I think I could play a driving game the same exact way I do today (Badly)

Do you think Nintendo paid money to get Zombie U as an exclusive?

Absolutely. Maybe not development, but they probably fronted a 5-10 million dollar marketing budget.

I fully expect PS360 to eventually get a Zombi game with reused assets too. Exclusives are (un)dead.

You don't need an analog trigger if you don't need to let your foot off the gas! Yes, its coming.
must...stay...sane...
I will KILL for another F-Zero

If not, the second analog has been working for a few people for gas/brake management.
yes, but let's be honest, it is a second rate citizen solution.

forza 4 is better IMO, as for analog triggers, yeah a bit disappointing, but I always put the pedal to the metal anyways, so I think I could play a driving game the same exact way I do today (Badly)
I really like PS3 exclusives :D and I also am a bit forward thinking that I may someday have enough money to buy a decent logitech wheel

---
btw, I just watched Legends Ubisoft video; I shit my pants; I hope it has online co-op too, cause I don't have anyone to play with, lol

Didn't that blockbuster WiiU game list that got released a while ago have a game called Zombie on it?
yes, it also had a killer freaks game too; find the culprit lol

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nintendo is stupid to get into these kind of deals without first checking the pedigree of the developer behind it.

Donnie

After a few confirmations of it showing up at e3, and not being at two of the three big conferences...shit is definitely a little weird.

Edit: But... *looks down*

Who's confirmed it'll be at E3?

japtor

I don't see how ubisoft couldn't make a better looking game, 99% sure it's just too early to show, but can't avoid showing it, since everyone was expecting killer freaks.
It's Ubisoft and it's a launch game. If it's too early to show at this point I'm guessing the development is fucked pretty badly.
did they show the console versions or PC versions?

Cause obviously Wii U version won't top the latter
Console I think.

That's how I used to play...it's such a downgrade from analog triggers though.

Nintendo is stupid to get into these kind of deals without first checking the pedigree of the developer behind it.
man that's some SERIOUS leap of logic :D

1. we do not know if indeed they have paid them for exclusivity; 3rd parties shot themselves in the foot by not supporting the Wii in the first place
2. we don't know if it will turn out bad; e.g. I totally have no problem to pay 10-20 for a budget title that looks like that if it is fun

ok, an honest question, is this Rayman Legends playable without the GamPad?

This new character seems essential to the gameplay and it seems he cannot be controller without the gamepad, am I missing something?

what was in 2008? nothing? smash and mario kart were already out. wario land? more nothing?

microsoft had, at least, halo 4, new fable, new forza, new gears, and all that stuff. if nintendo announced new games for all their main franchises, people would be pretty satisfied. microsoft just did all that (aside from the announcing thing- we knew about them beforehand but still).

i think a lot of people are upset because microsoft went and did what they always meant to do, which was to make the xbox the THING to have in your living room that did everything (and beat sony to it). they're still making games, but the point of the xbox project was never for it just to be a games machine.
but I really suspect in the end they will lose both side of their games;

one side to Nintendo and Sony, and to their lack of focus on this side.

The other side to Apple and other companies directly focused on entertainments beside games. Who cares about MS music store or video play back?

---
GTA at conference is wishful thinking to the bone, come on guys :D

z0m3le

Banned
It's Ubisoft and it's a launch game. If it's too early to show at this point I'm guessing the development is fucked pretty badly.

Console I think.

That's how I used to play...it's such a downgrade from analog triggers though.

Obviously if the game moved from killer freaks into Zombies, they would have plenty of assets that can be reused, the only new assets would likely involve the Zombies themselves, I think a smart developer would make the conscious choice based on TIME as well as opportunity.

They should have a few more months at least, to flush out more graphically impressive Zombie models, the rest of the game has been in development for what? 2 years? I think they should be safe.

Gahiggidy

man that's some SERIOUS leap of logic :D

1. we do not know if indeed they have paid them for exclusivity; 3rd parties shot themselves in the foot by not supporting the Wii in the first place
2. we don't know if it will turn out bad; e.g. I totally have no problem to pay 10-20 for a budget title that looks like that if it is fun

Sorry, I'm just really negative that the zombie game from the ND promo is an actual product. I was certain it was some dumb, generic mockup they piece together for the spot.

Sorry, I'm just really negative that the zombie game from the ND promo is an actual product. I was certain it was some dumb, generic mockup they piece together for the spot.
I don't know if the game is bad; I 'hope' it is like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziRD5dIezYM

some over the top zombie parody

But whether full fledged or budget, it's obviously a game

---
edit: but man, that footage looked as good [or bad to say precisely] as HoD on Wii, lol

Gahiggidy

Technically, the press conferences aren't a part of E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom