• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

I ended up watching Sony's conference. There is no way Nintendo is going to lose E3. I just hope they have the proper third party support.

Edit:

Nintendo doesn't need plants!

I can't even leave for work, god, I'm LATE!!!

HYPPEEEE!
BY2K, if you here me, please choose a kick ass title for the OT; we are going to watch the Return of the King, I can feel it :D

Nintendo doesn't need plants!

Disagree.

All.jpg

I haven't been following them closely, but I'm gathering a lot of dissatisfaction with the Sony and MS conferences. Is this E3 Nintendo's to "lose" in the media's eyes?
Microsoft's wasn't that bad if you had read the rumors so were expecting much of it to not be about games. It wasn't spectacular, but showed some promising games (Halotroid! South Park!)

EA's was just boring unless you are into sports and FPS. SimCity looked great.

I really liked Ubi's games, but worst hosts ever!

Sony...boring. Really liked seeing the ship to ship combat in AssCreed 3. PsVita was almost a no-show.

Microsoft's wasn't that bad if you had read the rumors so were expecting much of it to not be about games. It wasn't spectacular, but showed some promising games (Halotroid! South Park!)

EA's was just boring unless you are into sports and FPS. SimCity looked great.

I really liked Ubi's games, but worst hosts ever!

Sony...boring. Really liked seeing the ship to ship combat in AssCreed 3. PsVita was almost a no-show.

I really meant among the big three (although I didn't say that), so if their competition is "not bad" and "boring," Nintendo should be in good shape.

Peru

Yeah my big fear at this point is like a 15 minute stage demo of Zombi U, which is a bad name for what's very likely to be a bad, generic, hopeless attempt at a 'hardcore exclusive' and it will stand like a symbolic pillar of Ubisoft/Nintendo failing to 'get' what it means to take back hardcore gamers.

Linkhero1

Yeah my big fear at this point is like a 15 minute stage demo of Zombi U, which is a bad name for what's very likely to be a bad, generic, hopeless attempt at a 'hardcore exclusive' and it will stand like a symbolic pillar of Ubisoft/Nintendo failing to 'get' what it means to take back hardcore gamers.

They didn't show gameplay at Ubisoft's conference, so you can bet your ass Nintendo's going to waste at least 10 minutes demoing it during their conference. Such a tragedy really, though, I hope I'm wrong.

I like Red Steel 2, but the Nintendo/Ubisoft alliance has to end. NST could probably do an equally good FPS if actually given a budget. Just have a couple Retro people supervise them.

Here's a fun side question for everyone while we wait:

What's the best Nintendo alliance/co-development/publishing arrangement?

My vote is Nintendo/Treasure for Sin and Punishment 2.

Smiles and Cries said:
Smart Glass suddenly a better experience than WiiU, thanks GiantBomb

These are the guys that tried to do Wii Sports bowling while sitting. They represent the obstinate "hardcore" gamer to me, and I'm proud to say I've never been to Giant Bomb since those guys left Gamespot.

They didn't show gameplay at Ubisoft's conference, so you can bet your ass Nintendo's going to waste at least 10 minutes demoing it during their conference. Such a tragedy really, though, I hope I'm wrong.
Same. Anyway it's almost 3am here. I should sleep because when I wake up....boom. Megatons.

Linkhero1

Seems like their Wednesday conference is 3DS focused, which is a good thing. Tomorrow for Wii U and Wednesday for 3DS. Should be awesome.

Mistle

Seems like their Wednesday conference is 3DS focused, which is a good thing. Tomorrow for Wii U and Wednesday for 3DS. Should be awesome.

Should be awesome.

Man I really want to know what Retro is working on.

Also: why does everybody already hate Zombi? I admit it looked pretty bad from the ND snippets, but you can hardly judge the game from that.

These are the guys that tried to do Wii Sports bowling while sitting. They represent the obstinate "hardcore" gamer to me, and I'm proud to say I've never been to Giant Bomb since those guys left Gamespot.

Oh I remember that, although they are talking about Microsoft's Agenda they continue to shit on the true gaming company for trying smh

Smart Glass bombs hard MS won't give a shit and move on the the next billion spending spree

Nintendo cannot afford to shit billions down the drain so they are doing what is effective and have to watch the cost

MS "You Already Own" message pissed me off I don't own none of those things

Terrell

Pachter thought Rayman Legends was a DS title.

iZfFOKgD5WC7R.gif

Everything out of his mouth is outrageous tripe.

Mind you, the guy who followed him was like "this is the same thing I could have gotten on the 360 or PS3, with a tapping touchscreen addition."

NO SHIT, dude, that's kind of the point. And if he was expecting ZOMG NEXTGEN 3D from a 2D Rayman game, he's a fucking idiot. It's gorgeous for what it is, and there's only so far you can take a game like that without it becoming gratuitously unnecessary.

Also: why does everybody already hate Zombi? I admit it looked pretty bad from the ND snippets, but you can hardly judge the game from that.

Hearing that one of the only U games we knew about had been canceled and replaced doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially in a market already saturated with Zombies.

I really hope it's good, because the way it came off in the ND skit was more of a joke.

Hearing that one of the only U games we knew about had been canceled and replaced doesn't exactly inspire confidence, especially in a market already saturated with Zombies.

I really hope it's good, because the way it came off in the ND skit was more of a joke.

Hopefully they show a game made from the bird tech demo or Retro's project directly after the zUmbi presentation to clear our palates like a slice of pickled ginger.

Pachter thought Rayman Legends was a DS title.

[IM]http://i.minus.com/iZfFOKgD5WC7R.gif[/IMG]

That's more sad than funny. It's one of the reasons why we see so few sprite-based 2D games these days. I think that the average consumer looks down on sprites as being instantly inferior to 3D, which is why we end up getting 2.5D titles instead of HD sprites.

That's more sad than funny. It's one of the reasons why we see so few sprite-based 2D games these days. I think that the average consumer looks down on sprites as being instantly inferior to 3D, which is why we end up getting 2.5D titles instead of HD sprites.

You're right, and that really is a shame. 2D graphics work so naturally for 2D games.

Everything out of his mouth is outrageous tripe.

Mind you, the guy who followed him was like "this is the same thing I could have gotten on the 360 or PS3, with a tapping touchscreen addition."

NO SHIT, dude, that's kind of the point. And if he was expecting ZOMG NEXTGEN 3D from a 2D Rayman game, he's a fucking idiot. It's gorgeous for what it is, and there's only so far you can take a game like that without it becoming gratuitously unnecessary.

my issue with what he had to say was that he said Nintendo was dead because of iPads
now that Nintendo has this GamePad he is shocked at the games being like DS?

I think I'm going to eat more of my chineseish food stuffs!

Shrimp and Mushrooms. Cheap Kansas shrooms. Delicious shrimp and an oyster sauce.

Tastes like victory!

Actually, thinking about how the Miiverse could be used with a tactical game like Rainbow 6 makes me a little interested to play one.

So... when are me and Grampa supposed to do this thang?

I'm getting randy and the baby oil won't use itself.

There is more to this story, and I'm not willing to dig for it.

Wow, Giant Bomb solidifying that they're a joke, if it wasn't clear already.

I like Giant Bomb a hell of a lot, but they don't really pay much attention to Nintendo and it's pretty grating sometimes. They didn't even mention the January investors call in passing on the podcast when that happened. Not a single second devoted to it, and it was a pretty light news week if I recall.

I know they're about entertainment above actual hard hitting reporting, but pay at least a little attention, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom