• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The winner of the best ps3 game graphics so far is

wowfactor

Banned
Folklore

Yeah, I've played Uncharted and UT3. I think Folklore has the best graphics. The demo doesn't do the game justice.
I played the game for the last few days and oh my, it is so beautiful even though it has some limitations.

So what is yours?

commissar

Just because you prefer the art style doesn't mean the game has better graphics.

Uncharted wipes the floor with everything.

Baker

Banned
I have been playing Folklore for the past week too.

Uncharted is the best console graphics ever. Still.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Folklore is a great looking game, but the presentation of the cutscenes limits the great graphics.

If they had full 3D cut scenes instead of that quasi-comic book design then it would definitely be a contender for that honor.

I really disliked the look of Folklore. Fantastic without aim, or something. Cluttered too. Ratchet & Clank is the winner, obviously. Detailed yet clean with very strong artistic direction.

AAK

unchartedenvironments2.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Folklore looks nice in a lot of areas, but Uncharted beats it hands down. I haven't had a chance to actually play GT5: Prologue yet, but Uncharted is definitely the best looking PS3 game in my book. Hell, it's arguably the best looking console game so far this generation.

nib95

Banned
For me it's Uncharted, R&C5, UT3, GT5P, Assassins Creed, COD4 and DIRT.

But Uncharted is eaisly the best looking console game this gen imo.

tv1.jpg

tv10.jpg

tv2.jpg

tv3.jpg

tv4.jpg

tv5.jpg

tv6.jpg

tv7.jpg

tv8.jpg

tv9.jpg

u57.jpg

u58.jpg

u61.jpg

u62.jpg

u63.jpg

u65.jpg

u67.jpg

u68.jpg

u69.jpg

u70.jpg

u73.jpg

wowfactor

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I really disliked the look of Folklore. Fantastic without aim, or something. Cluttered too. Ratchet & Clank is the winner, obviously. Detailed yet clean with very strong artistic direction.

I think the game is quite smooth, the only problem I have with Folklore is the camera control is kinda slow and yeah the presentation of cutscenes is kinda lame.
The deeper you get into the game, the more wow it is.

karasu

Hcoregamer00 said:
Folklore is a great looking game, but the presentation of the cutscenes limits the great graphics.

If they had full 3D cut scenes instead of that quasi-comic book design then it would definitely be a contender for that honor.

The comic style cutscenes are the best part!

Barnolde

Banned
Uncharted, but R&C is pretty damn close. GT5P is another winner too.

Folklore looks great, but it's the amazing art style that makes it stand out.

tino

Banned
I am playing Oblivion on the PS3 now. It has alot of slow down in the over world. And it has the ugliest male/female character design.

I pick BurnOut.

Mash

Wow nice Uncharted pics, looks almost like you've snapped shots of an Indiana Jones film or something, I take it that Uncharted is not coming out on PC or 360?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Mash said:
Wow nice Uncharted pics, looks almost like you've snapped shots of an Indiana Jones film or something, I take it that Uncharted is not coming out on PC or 360?

Sony first party game.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I'm getting the new version of that Panasonic TV that you took those pics on. If it looks as good as that I'll be very happy.

besada

Banned
I think UT3 is the most technically impressive, purely because its so gorgeous and it's hauling ass. Uncharted is better looking, but it's a much slower paced game.

Concept17

_leech_ said:
Uncharted wins for the time being, and not just on the PS3.

Yeah, I have yet to play anything other than the demo, but from some of the screens (like the ones above) it easily takes the cake.

nib95 said:
For me it's Uncharted, R&C5, UT3, GT5P, Assassins Creed, COD4 and DIRT.

But Uncharted is eaisly the best looking console game this gen imo.

[crapload of high res photos]

56k warning in thread title?

Kittonwy

Banned
Mash said:

Nope. First party Sony game.

kbear

Tisan said:
Just because you prefer the art style doesn't mean the game has better graphics.

Uncharted wipes the floor with everything.
QFT
And yes I think Uncharted beats GT5P as well, which doesn't look as wow-inducing in gameplay as compared to replay mode.
Uncharted is a technical marvel of a game

Top Bottom