• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Patch 1.10 Changelog

Majukun

on one hand the game seems to run a little better on pc after the patch..i'm now able to put hairworks on with 4 a in novigrad without the fps taking a hit (mostly)..it still doesn't work very well in cutscene with geralt,but otherwise is now usable

on the other hand ,skellige's most wanted is STILL broken,didn't they say it was fixed?

Menus are flash objects. Probably that's why they lag on PS4. That being said the game itself should be much smoother after 1.10 on Playstation

Would Gwent be a flash object as well? I didn't used to have as much of a problem, but now I've noticed after the new patch that playing a round of Gwent has gotten even more sluggish.

Novigrad is thankfully running much better (even with rain), but map/inventory is still quite slow. (PS4.)

Gattsu25

Banned
This is one of those cases where I wish Steam allowed opting out of patches. If you could manually choose not to update, wait to see if there are major bugs, and THEN possibly patch, that would be lovely.
Steam does.

Try right clicking on the game, going into the properties, and disabling the auto-updates.

psychotron

Haven't played in months because I had other games in the backlog and was counting on patches. Fired it up yesterday and was in the middle of a mission where....

There's a troll in a basement that was guarding something, but it was stolen. I'm searching the basement for clues as to how the break in happened

and the framerate turned to absolute stuttery shit. It was bad. I just stopped playing because it was a slideshow. I didn't even mind the framerate issues that much before the patch, but really appreciate less stutter...but this was even worse.

Yeah, just loaded back into my save and its graphically very glitchy. I was in Novigrad and one NPC to the left was stuck in the ground up to his knees and another one was floating in midair. Textures aren't loading properly even when they're pretty close. Frame rate drops at first, though it disappeared after a few seconds.

Looks like they'll need several more patches to fix this patch.

I also don't understand why this patch had to be 17 gigs. That's almost the size of the entire game.

Also, Gog Galaxy sucks so bad. Updates keep failing because of a server problem. The patch finally started downloading after failing loads of times, but then I had to redownload all the DLC and that kept failing too. So eventually I just downloaded and installed it manually, but now Gog Galaxy still thinks it needs to update something and it keeps failing and I can't start the game from there, so I have to run it from the executable.
It replaces stuff though. Checked my Witcher 3 folder and it's still under 40GB.

Acinixys

This patch introduced a bug where you cant talk to main NPCs to receive quests

It shows the speech bubble but you cant interact with them

You have to quit the game and reload a save to be able to talk to them
rage.gif

vall03

Uhhh, after updating and launching the game, I suddenly got the Full Crew trophy, was that ever a buggy trophy? I'm pretty sure I never met the requirements for it since one of the required characters died on me.

omonimo

Banned
Haven't played in months because I had other games in the backlog and was counting on patches. Fired it up yesterday and was in the middle of a mission where....

There's a troll in a basement that was guarding something, but it was stolen. I'm searching the basement for clues as to how the break in happened

and the framerate turned to absolute stuttery shit. It was bad. I just stopped playing because it was a slideshow. I didn't even mind the framerate issues that much before the patch, but really appreciate less stutter...but this was even worse.
Which version? In any case I don't understand at all what mission is this. Maybe the fat man who know Geralt from the witcher 2? I don't recall his name but he lives in Novigrad and he is an ex general or something similar. By the way I have absolutely zero issue there.

shandy706

I didn't have "hitching" problems on PC before this patch.

Now I do, derp.

60fps (PC obviously), but the game was stuttering on me in Novigrad for the first time. Framerate was fine, but things seemed to be loading and stuttering roughly suddenly. Everywhere else was smooth as silk, as always.

psychotron

Which version? In any case I don't understand at all what mission is this. Maybe the fat man who know Geralt from the witcher 2? I don't recall his name but he lives in Novigrad and he is an ex general or something similar. By the way I have absolutely zero issue there.

Yes, it's in Novigrad after meeting the guy in the bath house. Was decent pre-patch, but post patch it went to shit. I didn't spend too much time with it but I'll try rebuilding database and see if it sorts itself. It seriously looked like a memory leak type of thing. Mad Max has shit like this late in the game.

omonimo

Banned
Yes, it's in Novigrad after meeting the guy in the bath house. Was decent pre-patch, but post patch it went to shit. I didn't spend too much time with it but I'll try rebuilding database and see if it sorts itself. It seriously looked like a memory leak type of thing. Mad Max has shit like this late in the game.
I give a try when I have more time. But honestly this part was absolutely fine on my ps4. Weird to hear. My fear it's your ps4 has something of wrong.

Audioboxer

on one hand the game seems to run a little better on pc after the patch..i'm now able to put hairworks on with 4 a in novigrad without the fps taking a hit (mostly)..it still doesn't work very well in cutscene with geralt,but otherwise is now usable

on the other hand ,skellige's most wanted is STILL broken,didn't they say it was fixed?

Still broken for me. I actually stumbled across it by accident the other day after booting the game up to check the patch. Enemy at the end still just roaring without dying. So that was my first time trying it, no glitched save made in the past.

In other news any word on the DLC NG+ fix for consoles?

Padinn

Anyone getting CTDs on PC version with 1.10? It's been a while since I played so I'm wondering if its an Nvidia driver issue or a game bug.

Hostile_18

Banned
Uhhh, after updating and launching the game, I suddenly got the Full Crew trophy, was that ever a buggy trophy? I'm pretty sure I never met the requirements for it since one of the required characters died on me.

I just got the same. I couldn't get Vernon to come with me. Perhaps the requirements have changed to a more literal interpretation
"Bring all possible allies to Kaer Morgan for the final battle" I.E ask everyone, rather than have everyone turn up?

allftw

Neo Member
Last night I started downloading the update and today when I checked I saw that it failed around half way. Now when I try to restart it says "the data is corrupted" and that it cannot download and gives me the error ce-36244-9. I tried turning the console off and on and restoring licenses. Anyone else had this problem with this update or any other? I don't want to delete what it has already downloaded of the update or the game altogether if I can avoid it.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
If you're on PC & experiencing performance issues, weird graphical glitches, CTDs, inactive NPCs or enemies, try to do the following:
- remove your user settings
- verify/repair games files (there seem to be a plethora of problems caused by data corruption during download)
- if on GOG delete d3d11.dll (it's a galaxy overlay lib, but it messes with the game as well) from your Witcher3.exe folder
- if you're an AMD user disable Riva Statistics thingy for Witcher3.exe
- If you're an AMD user & you experience crashes on startup try running exe with Administrator's privileges.
It solves ~90% (judging by the forums) of problems with 1.10.
As there were some serious changes to the game's streaming system (it's much more VRAM hungry now, and CPU usage seems higher) to eliminate pop-in you might also want to retweak some settings (especially if you have a 2GB card)
Hope this helps.

Am I going crazy or did patch 1.10 introduce massive amount of judder on the PS4 version? It's constant, and doesn't seem to depend on anything happening in the game at the time, it's kind of ruining my experience :(

I'm also experiencing this, although I'd call it slight. Wasn't happening earlier today when I was playing.

Sigh. Seems like I'm just not supposed to play this game. Lol.

Logsi

Does the camera in this game follow the players stride?

Reason i ask is because i always found micro stutter annoying when PC gaming and it feels like the camera in the witches follows the uneven stride of Gerald instead of just it being smooth and seamless.

Just wondering if there is a way to adjust this?

kamspy

Are you Nvidia guys having problems after 1.10 using the SW Battlefront drivers?

If so, revert. They're garbage for mostly every other game. In my case, MGS V, GTA V and WItcher 3 all took hits.

dr_rus

Are you Nvidia guys having problems after 1.10 using the SW Battlefront drivers?

If so, revert. They're garbage for mostly every other game. In my case, MGS V, GTA V and WItcher 3 all took hits.

358.50 worked fine here in everything I've tried on them.

Very happy the ps4's framerate seems to be more stable now. CDpr finally starting to get accustomed to the hardware. This also bodes well for Horizon and those who were worried that it wouldn't hold a decent framerate.

this patch fucked up key bindings so bad imo. now literally everything must be it's own button :(

and you can no longer hold for the quick menu, it's strictly a toggle god damn. loving the expansion though, a lot.

Haven't played for quiet some time, so I started it yesterday to finish my third playthrough and then starting the addon.

Is it just me, or does the game run like shit on the ps4 with the 1.10 Version? Every few steps in Novigrad the Picture gets all blurry as the game loads the assets or something like that! Same goes with the cutscenes, the Song from Pricilla is a stop and go, normally I really love that song and listen to it until the end, but this time it was impossible.

But nonetheless the game has something special, after my second Gwent-Collecting PT I was really fed up with the game but started a third PT but couldn't finish it. Yesterday I started it up and despite of the problems mentioned above, the Game has pulled me right under its spell again.

Haven't played for quiet some time, so I started it yesterday to finish my third playthrough and then starting the addon.

Is it just me, or does the game run like shit on the ps4 with the 1.10 Version? Every few steps in Novigrad the Picture gets all blurry as the game loads the assets or something like that! Same goes with the cutscenes, the Song from Pricilla is a stop and go, normally I really love that song and listen to it until the end, but this time it was impossible.

But nonetheless the game has something special, after my second Gwent-Collecting PT I was really fed up with the game but started a third PT but couldn't finish it. Yesterday I started it up and despite of the problems mentioned above, the Game has pulled me right under its spell again.

Sounds like your end. Try rebuilding database.

Top Bottom