• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Patch 1.10 Changelog

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Are you Nvidia guys having problems after 1.10 using the SW Battlefront drivers?

If so, revert. They're garbage for mostly every other game. In my case, MGS V, GTA V and WItcher 3 all took hits.

Nvidia drivers strike agai--wait what?

I had to take the oppurtunity after years of AMD driver jokes, which coincidentally didn't fuck other games up with the Battlefront betas

I used to crash every 30 minutes or so, and haven't crashed in the 10 or so hours I've played since 1.10

This game stability is wild. I have the exact opposite, with the newest patch crashing the game a lot for me, until yesterday, marathon from 7pm to 2am and not a single crash.

I had to take the oppurtunity after years of AMD driver jokes, which coincidentally didn't fuck other games up with the Battlefront betas

Ah Easy_D, we meet again. Chiv.

dr_rus

I have zero issues in TW3 1.10 with 358.xx drivers. Most of so called "driver stability issues" are actually not driver related at all.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What are people with a GTX 980 Ti playing on? 4K seems to require too many sacrifices for my liking to achieve 60fps, but if you have a set of settings for that I'd like to hear it. I had good performance at 1.5x native res (whatever's between 1080 and 4k anyway) with minor sacrifices).

dr_rus

What are people with a GTX 980 Ti playing on? 4K seems to require too many sacrifices for my liking to achieve 60fps, but if you have a set of settings for that I'd like to hear it. I had good performance at 1.5x native res (whatever's between 1080 and 4k anyway) with minor sacrifices).

2560x1600 all Ultra 4x MSAA for Hairworks. Near 60 fps most of the time with this with some dips to 40s and 50s from time to time.

Just out of interest, can you achieve stable 30fps on 4k with everything on max?

1080, everything else max. I prefer the higher framerate on my gsync monitor to higher res. Going up to 1440 makes it dip below 60 way too often.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just out of interest, can you achieve stable 30fps on 4k with everything on max?

I'm not sure, I haven't been measuring framerates, I just eyeball it. 1080p fully maxed is definitely steady 60, 2580 is mostly really smooth (I'd wager 50-60) but 4k is definitely nowhere near 60fps ever. I can check in Shadowplay. I imagine you could hit it without AA, which you wouldn't need anyway on 4k.

DeaDPo0L84

Like a fool I started New Game Plus and after getting to Skellige tried to acquire the Undvik Armor Set. Come to find out that with the latest patch a lot of DLC items are not obtainable due to a bug. They mentioned (just now learning this) to hold onto a save before the patch. Does this mean if my latest saves are all post patch that even with the fix I will not be able to obtain the DLC Items? Sorry if the question seems a little confusing.

Hazanko

Banned
Man this game is a rushed terrible port on PS4, those menus lag are crazy i dont know how people accept this and dont complain.

Yup menu lag is a big issue but the frame rate issue overshadowed it. Im not sure I'm the only one but something I've noticed about frame rates with the latest patch is it can get worse the longer you play. Novigrad was fine at first, then started noticing drops that were not there before.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

2560x1440
Ultra
Hairworks with 4xMSAA
Config tweaks pushing grass and shadow distance far beyond Ultra

Fluctuate between 30 - 60 fps depending on where I am and what I'm doing. Deep in a smoky forest dense with foliage and animals and I'll hit low 30s pretty easily. Most of the time elsewhere it sits 45. Given how varied a single vista or scene can be in Wild Hunt, and the huge variations in draw calls, it's hard to lock down any single performance rate.

Even with standard Ultra settings and Hairworks off I don't get a locked 60fps.

Harmen

PS4 version was very choppy at a moment, but quitting to the menu and loading the save fixed it. Encountered this twice, and wasn't doing anything particularly demanding (not even any combat). Since it was just twice over the course of 35 hours so far, I don't mind. But to the people encountering this: try saving and reloading.

Nheco

It runs waaaay worse on Xbox One after this update, chop as hell in the cities :-(

Damn, cdpr... you fix one console and broke the other?

I've found this (1.10 with Hearts of Stone) to be a lot buggier than my release month playthrough.
Crazy visual bugs during one extended scene yesterday.

JerkShep

The performance is definitely improved on PS4 but still there's a lot a small issues that are a little baffling after so many patches.

- sometimes the performance drops without apparent reason, dialogues become a slideshow. Reloading fixes this for the most part
-fool's gold for me is broken, the first fight has the npcs standing still with 0 health
-pinning a formula doesn't highlight the ingredients anymore
- especially in novigrad the minimap sometimes becomes black and takes a lot to load. Connected to this, sometimes interior maps simply won't load, you can only see quest markers. Reloading fixes that as well
- the inventory lags a lot, selling some stuff and reloading helps but it can become terrible to navigate

Nothing game breaking until now but the game came out in may...they should really iron out some of this stuff

eFKac

^^Yup Fool's gold broken for me like that as well, also on PS4.

Not many problems aside from that, tiny visual glitches sometimes.

4K 30 is pretty easy on a Titan X. You just have to turn off Hairworks AA.
Yeah, I'd trade hairworks for greater tree and grass LOD plus ULM to remove some of the fod and use cutscene lighting in gameplay:
21703269934_56039e9043_b.jpg

ULM with cutscene lighting, reduced fog and slight colour correction
21704951503_ca2db8a3f1_b.jpg

Much much much better on the PS4. I havent noticed any stutters or drops in frame rate so far in the last couple hours. This guy is happy!

And LOL at people complaining about loading times....you do realize that the ps4 runs a 5400 rpm hard drive right? The weakest link......I seriously cant wait for consoles to start using SSD's.

Top Bottom