• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

hemo memo

Gold Member
PS Share the start of the game (Not the best quality or locations and way better in-game but I just wanted to share)

kaj8r.jpg

_1f1j8g.jpg

_2n4kz7.jpg

_4q8kt0.jpg

_5ofk4y.jpg

_6nljdv.jpg

_7cvko3.jpg

_8rikqf.jpg

_9y6kud.jpg

Virdix

So still no word from sony/cdpr about preload? :/

They said on twitter they are trying to work with Sony to get it up earlier I believe.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/597790564634009600

Oh so that is confirmed then? Wtf Sony. Not everyone has great Internet. sigh guess I have to give gamestop money now.

Yeah my CE from amazon doesn't arrive until Wednesday even with 1 day shipping, I'm so tempted to buy it digital so I can play on Monday.

ironcreed

Banned
Gameplay from what is supposed to be the hardest mode featuring some Griffin fight footage. Quote to see.

EDIT: It can't be Death March, as that is perma-death mode.

Chaplain

From what I played only noticed lower framerate in cuteness but I'm not the best one to ask about performance to be honest :/

Thank you. I take it that the lowered frame rate in IGC's (cut scenes) really hasn't take away from your enjoyment from actual gameplay. Would this be an accurate assertion?

Virdix

LOL.

Also, that can't be Death March difficulty, as that is the perma-death mode.

I thought they confirmed no perma death?

Edit: Just remembered during the twitch stream they swapped difficulty on the fly between just story and death march and continued playing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gameplay from what is supposed to be the hardest mode featuring some Griffin fight footage. Quote to see.

EDIT: It can't be Death March, as that is perma-death mode.

LOL that NPC "helping" Geralt is useless. He just walks around while blocking.

Crossbow has looked really hard to aim in every video I've seen of it.

thelastword

Banned
PS Share the start of the game (Not the best quality or locations and way better in-game but I just wanted to share)
IQ is not bad, I'm happy that his hair is not an aliased mess, but the game does look a tad soft in your screens. Seems that the AA method comes with the blur but it does clean the jaggies right out though.

viveks86

Load times after death could be better. At least it reloads very near the place of death.

LOL.

Also, that can't be Death March difficulty, as that is the perma-death mode.

I think they got rid of permadeath mode. They recently sounded like it was never part of the plan. Weird, I know

ironcreed

Banned
I thought they confirmed no perma death?

Edit: Just remembered during the twitch stream they swapped difficulty on the fly between just story and death march and continued playing.

Ah, okay. I never knew they decided against it. I never would have played that mode anyway with perma-death. In a game this big? LOL.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think they got rid of permadeath mode. They recently sounded like it was never part of the plan. Weird, I know

They probably didn't want to be held accountable for the destruction of property that would inevitably happen when someone dies near the end of a 200 hour run.

Altairre

So I'm going to double dip and get this for both PC and PS4 since I'm not sure how well the PC version will run on my system compared to the PS4 (GPU is the limiting factor until I upgrade in the near future). Want to make sure I get the best first run I can. Got the PC version relatively cheap and traded in two PS3 games I'm never going to play again to get the PS4 version for 10 bucks so it's not much of an investment.

Do we know exactly when the embargo will be up?

viveks86

So I'm going to double dip and get this for both PC and PS4 since I'm not sure how well the PC version will run on my system compared to the PS4 (GPU is the limiting factor until I upgrade in the near future). Want to make sure I get the best first run I can. Got the PC version relatively cheap and traded in two PS3 games I'm never going to play again to get the PS4 version for 10 bucks so it's not much of an investment.

7 AM Pacific on Tuesday (tomorrow)

Mifec

in like 14 hours.

Tovarisc

God damn, AI of that Griffin is retardedly stupid. I hope it's just because Prologue area and basically your training contract.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Thank you. I take it that the lowered frame rate in IGC's (cut scenes) really hasn't take away from your enjoyment from actual gameplay. Would this be an accurate assertion?

Yes the game runs great, nothing that affect my experience and its really beautiful, screens from the first area and doing sub missions so I don't think I progressed much in the main story haha. sub missions are varied so I really like that I'm not doing the same mission over and over specially after Dragon Age :)

Did I read earlier only PS4 review copies got sent out, or are all platform reviews going to start showing up tomorrow? Need some benchmarks.

erawsd

Did I read earlier only PS4 review copies got sent out, or are all platform reviews going to start showing up tomorrow? Need some benchmarks.

Yeah, tomorrows reviews will only be of the PS4 version. Hopefully, PC and Xbox versions will have proper reviews before release. Although it still doesnt sound like they been sent to reviewers so who knows.

Ever since playing OoT on N64 I've been waiting for a game that can recapture that feeling. For the first time I feel that there is a game that may do just that; I'm genuinely excited for this game.

Top Bottom