• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

God damn that's a beautiful sunrise.

ljcnew.gif

My God...the way the sun blasts through those clouds is amazing. I'm really impressed by this game's weather/lighting effects.

But I hope we can turn off those drops on the camera lens.

idonteven

this is one of the first games where i cant see the trophy list...do you need to earn a trophy before you can see the list ? this is the first time i notice this

Tovarisc

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Should I get this for PC or PS4? I have a GTX680 and 8gb RAM, running on an i7 3820 3.60GHz.

I have a feeling my PC will run it better, but I'm not sure, and I'll be playing with a controller from the couch, so I'll only go 1080p.

I should say, I think Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry ran better on the PS4 compared to Black Flag on my PC, but then again, it's Ubisoft.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Should I get this for PC or PS4? I have a GT680 and 8gb RAM, running on an i7 3820 3.60GHz.

I have a feeling my PC will run it better, but I'm not sure, and I'll be playing with a controller from the couch, so I'll only go 1080p.

I should say, I think Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry ran better on the PS4 compared to Black Flag on my PC, but then again, it's Ubisoft.

PS4

Tovarisc

NSFW as has nudity in it and can also be considered spoilers!

Witcher 3 sex scenes; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5qoESXpZx0 in case someone wants to... review for quality.

---

I'm more and more thinking I should get cheap PS4 copy from somewhere. I have i5 750 @ 3,8GHz and 760, even when I'm ok with lower settings my CPU more than likely will be big issue for performance. Even when that Wolfenstein standalone expansion, that has same minimum CPU requirement as TW3, runs well on my PC when I got to test it.

Kinthalis

Banned
Should I get this for PC or PS4? I have a GT680 and 8gb RAM, running on an i7 3820 3.60GHz.

It should absolutely run better on your PC, your GPU is better than a PS4's and your CPU is WAY betetr than a PS4's.

If you thought freedom cry ran better on PS4 than Black Flag on PC - it's very likely you were running Black flag at more demanding graphics settings than the PS4 was running Freedom cry.... but then again - like you said - that was Ubisoft...

Denton

PC will run it significantly better than PS4. Possibly close to 60fps at PS4-like settings.

Why?

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Guys sorry for asking this here but the conversation is less chaotic in this thread. Still on the fence about getting this on ps4 or pc. My pc is : i5, 6gb ram, hd 7850 2gb... Any thought ?

Tovarisc

Guys sorry for asking this here but the conversation is less chaotic in this thread. Still on the fence about getting this on ps4 or pc. My pc is : i5, 6gb ram, hd 7850 2gb... Any thought ?

Really depends on what i5. I have i5, but it's old beast and very likely to get me into trouble with TW3. Have specific model for your CPU?

WetTreeLeaf

Neo Member
If the processor is something like the i5 650, I'd just go with the PS4. To me it would also depend on how the PC version is optimized and how many mods are going to be made.

Tovarisc

Well the i5 650 is getting up in age and it is a dual core, I remember my old 650 had a lot of trouble with Guild Wars 2 in relatively big battles.

Totally missed that 650 is 2 core CPU. It would explain that. Well I still hold on to that small glimmer of hope that my 750 can get job done in Witcher 3 because it still runs newer games, even GTAV & Wolfenstein: Old Blood, well.

If not then I just need find deal of PS4 copy of the game.

WetTreeLeaf

Neo Member
Totally missed that 650 is 2 core CPU. It would explain that. Well I still hold on to that small glimmer of hope that my 750 can get job done in Witcher 3 because it still runs newer games, even GTAV & Wolfenstein: Old Blood, well.

If not then I just need find deal of PS4 copy of the game.
Well Far Cry 4 running on an i3 and 750ti at PS4 quality (more or less) is still a pretty good sign. I would hold out for some benchmark before jumping ship.

Tovarisc

Well Far Cry 4 running on an i3 and 750ti at PS4 quality (more or less) is still a pretty good sign. I would hold out for some benchmark before jumping ship.

I saw cheap TW3 copy for PC and jumped on that action so game is preloaded already. If it doesn't run now then I have copy waiting for when I can afford upgrades to my PC, meanwhile going for PS4 :D

Simo

So I have a quick, albeit stupid, question: If preload starts today and then the game will unlock to play at 4pm PDT/7pm EDT on Monday, will GameStop and other stores be able to start selling physical copies at the same time or do they still have to wait until midnight?

If it's the latter then why?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The game launches at 7pm on the 18th on the east coast?

Shit. I will be clocking in right about then. Oh well.

Tovarisc

So I have a quick, albeit stupid, question: If preload starts today and then the game will unlock to play at 4pm PDT/7pm EDT on Monday, will GameStop and other stores be able to start selling physical copies at the same time or do they still have to wait until midnight?

If it's the latter then why?

That does put NA stores into interesting spot, but in EU they can safely do midnight sales as digital copy goes live when it's midnight in UK. Official street date for the game is 19th and it looks like CDPR is officially counting to time when it's 19th in US which to me suggests that stores in US can't start selling before that.

Digital copy is way to go in NA if person wants to start playing as early as possible.

Torilla tavataan?

Simo

The game launches at 7pm on the 18th on the east coast?

Shit. I will be clocking in right about then. Oh well.

Yup! It's announced right on the Playstation Store that you can start playing Monday at 4pm PDT which would be 7pm on the East Coast.

I called GameStop for shits and giggles to find out and while they knew about the unlock time and date they said it was some exclusive Sony thing and they won't be able to sell physical copies until midnight. Bummer.

I guess I have to decide if I want the physical goodies or just get the digital edition and not have to venture out and get to play it 5 hours early than I would the physical copy.

Top Bottom