• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
God damn that's a beautiful sunrise.

ljcnew.gif
My God...the way the sun blasts through those clouds is amazing. I'm really impressed by this game's weather/lighting effects.

But I hope we can turn off those drops on the camera lens.

I concur, it looks really stunning. Can't wait to play it (might take a while until I can play it) and see a real storm coming up.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
So probably been asked already but never having played any of the previous games is there going to be some cliff notes included? Recap cutscene or should I just read plot synopsis?

PS4 player, currently don't have a PC capable of playing the previous games.

pakkit

Banned
The piss yellow lighting at sunrise is ugly as sin.

what

So probably been asked already but never having played any of the previous games is there going to be some cliff notes included? Recap cutscene or should I just read plot synopsis?

They'll supposedly do a good enough job introducing you to characters closest to Geralt and explaining the mechanics of the world. But I do think that your experience will be greatly enriched with some familiarity with the books and the general synopsis of the previous games. There's a lot at play here, and knowing the backstory of the characters and kingdoms can definitely influence your play.

Tovarisc

Looking up some recap stuff will only help you, but several reviews mentioned that TW3 is easy to get into for people with no previous games under their belt. TW3 will tell you in recap what has happened before and even lets you to do some world state decisions.

system11

Looks nice aside from that motion blur on the camera. Just .. why? I think they might have killed the chromatic aberration which is always a plus.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
30 different endings though? That's a little you much for my taste.

It's 3 different epilogues with each ~ 12 different world states. Witcher 2 had one epilogue with 16 world states. World Sates are small variations to the ending(s).

Tovarisc

Returning characters spoiler

Philippa Eilhart and Vernon Roche are in the game, confirmed.

I wonder if
Saskia
is back, I still need do that playthrough before Tuesday.

Edit: Also I wonder if
Vernon Roche
is back if you
save Triss and not the child
, I hope so.

WetTreeLeaf

Neo Member
I wonder if
Saskia
is back, I still need do that playthrough before Tuesday.

Edit: Also I wonder if
Vernon Roche
is back if you
save Triss and not the child
, I hope so.
If Phillipa is back
, you know for sure
Saskia
is right around the corner.

Tovarisc

I watched some gameplay videos, and there was music accompanied with female vocals during combat. Such as:

https://youtu.be/xx8kQ4s5hCY?t=1687

Is there variations to the combat music in the game? I think it sounds amazing right now, but I fear it will get repetitive.

EDIT: Ah, there is ;) https://youtu.be/xx8kQ4s5hCY?t=1554

OST that game uses has 35 tracks, I assume there is variety ;)

Guys, shall we start using the spoiler thread as the streams are starting to get deeper into the game?

"Quickly everyone, to spoilerbunker!"

Tovarisc

RedAssedApe

Banned
maybe they don't care anymore now that the review embargo is over. game is basically getting great word of mouth already and metacritic is bloodborne levels. don't think streams will affect that at this point

cormack12

Gold Member
Still love everything that's been shown about this game. Only thing I'm not sure of yet is the asset removal from camera view. I don't mind how they do it, but am concerned about getting stuck on environment if backstepping etc.

mileS

A big part of the combat is the backstep. If theres always trees/rocks/objects in your way its going to seem frustrating. A feature like this, that is only present during combat is fine with me!

Top Bottom