• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 vs. Bloodborne

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 458 51.1%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 438 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Esca

Well even though bloodborne lost it was a win in some ways. A multiplat game vs an exclusive niche type game, it gave w3 a run for its money.

Mozzarella

Looks like some people here are missing the point, these excuses about Witcher 3 winning because of it being Multi-Platform or because its for Casuals are simply coping mechanism, lets be honest, and i will give points as to why i think that.

1- The first point as for Witcher 3 being casual therefore it won is not true, because there are other games that are casual friendly and still Bloodborne won over them, like for example God of War, its a popular casual game and still lost by a good margin against Bloodborne, so that proves that its not about casuals. Same goes for Persona 5, its more popular and more casual friendly. Uncharted lost, The Last of Us lost, those are so called casual. Hell even RDR 2 lost to MGV 5. This whole point is debunked!

2- The second point is for Witcher 3 being on multiplatform, again its easily proved to be false by looking at the other games, Bloodborne defeated Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro, both are presented on multiplatform, God of War managed to take out Nier Automata which is popular and beloved and also multiplaform, Zelda and Bloodborne are doing well, more than games like RDR2 which are insanely popular and multiplatform, so clearly a game being multi is not a reason for it to win. Does it help? probably but its effect will be noticeable on a popular website, this is a niche forum and most users here are serious gamers, they will not hold on a single platform, they will buy more than one to try the best games available on each one.

Look. I am very surprised by the results, on a niche forum i would always bet on Bloodborne winning it all, the Bloodborne fanbase is very vocal about their game, they like it so much, and on forums we see this clearly, any person that dares to try open any thread and criticize it will be met with insults of git gud and banter passive aggressive responses, the game has many dedicated fans and its popular as well, PS4 is the most popular console, a lot of people played it. The same maybe for Witcher 3, but its fans are not as vocal on niche forums, they may be in a website like Reddit. This was an upset. But there is more reasons for this upset than 2 false ones assumed by someone who did not get the result they wanted to.

If it’s Witcher 3 vs BOTW I really don’t know which to vote for...

Should MGS surprisingly win that (it won’t) it’s W3 all the way.

Bombolone

Gold Member
On a little tangent. I was just going into the Monster Hunter Iceborne Expansion today...guess who shows up? The man Geralt of Rivia. Was an unexpected and cool cameo to see.

Both games were contenders, I voted W3. On to the next.

bender

What time is it?
Grammar nazi is in the building, I think you need to loosen up a little.

If you are going to call someone a loser, it's best to spell loser correctly so you don't look like a loser. And bless your heart, it looks like you are learning.

giphy.gif

cyber_ninja

If you are going to call someone a loser, it's best to spell loser correctly so you don't look like a loser. And bless your heart, it looks like you are learning.

giphy.gif

0kOWi3.jpg

You taking it too seriously go work on your sense of humor instead of being a grammar police.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Looks like some people here are missing the point, these excuses about Witcher 3 winning because of it being Multi-Platform or because its for Casuals are simply coping mechanism, lets be honest, and i will give points as to why i think that.

1- The first point as for Witcher 3 being casual therefore it won is not true, because there are other games that are casual friendly and still Bloodborne won over them, like for example God of War, its a popular casual game and still lost by a good margin against Bloodborne, so that proves that its not about casuals. Same goes for Persona 5, its more popular and more casual friendly. Uncharted lost, The Last of Us lost, those are so called casual. Hell even RDR 2 lost to MGV 5. This whole point is debunked!

2- The second point is for Witcher 3 being on multiplatform, again its easily proved to be false by looking at the other games, Bloodborne defeated Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro, both are presented on multiplatform, God of War managed to take out Nier Automata which is popular and beloved and also multiplaform, Zelda and Bloodborne are doing well, more than games like RDR2 which are insanely popular and multiplatform, so clearly a game being multi is not a reason for it to win. Does it help? probably but its effect will be noticeable on a popular website, this is a niche forum and most users here are serious gamers, they will not hold on a single platform, they will buy more than one to try the best games available on each one.
Bloodborne defeating less popular multiplatform games doesn't refute the argument that TW3 won because it's multiplat - TW3 is way more popular thatn DS3 or Sekiro. Same goes for the other argument.

GetemMa

I put 125 hours into The Witcher 3 after I had played through all the expansions. I enjoyed it despite the lackluster combat.

I put 175 hours into Bloodborne because I wanted to beat it several times and see the True Ending and use all the weapons. I loved it despite it's technical problems.

These games aren't really that comparable IMO. I would say the Witcher 3 and Skyrim or Bloodborne and other From Software games are more interesting comparisons.

But if I must, Bloodborne wins easily. GOAT despite being exclusive to the lousy PS4 hardware....for now.

Bloodborne defeating less popular multiplatform games doesn't refute the argument that TW3 won because it's multiplat - TW3 is way more popular thatn DS3 or Sekiro. Same goes for the other argument.
Bloodborne was essentially the 3rd example of a Souls game. Millions and millions of people played both Dark Souls leading to nothing but an open reception of BB. More people knew what BB was before jumping into it. More people knew about Soulsborne games than anything about Witcher. Contrast that to Witcher 3. Witcher 2 came out on one console, the 360, at the end of it's lifecycle. Most people don't even know that. Witcher 3 is pretty much the first time most people were exposed to the character. The Witcher, a Polish character, from a novel written 35 years ago, only translated in the last 15 years. I'm gonna say something that might hurt your feelings, but TW3 won because it's a better game, not because it was a multiplat. There's nothing wrong with BB maybe winning 3rd place, so you can take solace in that if you are having trouble dealing with it not making the finals. No need to try and make an excuse.

Last edited:
Bloodborne was essentially the 3rd example of a Souls game. Millions and millions of people played both Dark Souls leading to nothing but an open reception of BB. More people knew what BB was before jumping into it. More people knew about Soulsborne games than anything about Witcher. Contrast that to Witcher 3. Witcher 2 came out on one console, the 360, at the end of it's lifecycle. Most people don't even know that. Witcher 3 is pretty much the first time most people were exposed to the character. The Witcher, a polish character, from a novel written 35 years ago, only translated in the last 15 years. I'm gonna say something that might hurt your feelings, but TW3 won because it's a better game, not because it was a multiplat. There's nothing wrong with BB maybe winning 3rd place, so you can take solace in that if you are having trouble dealing with it not making the finals. No need to try and make an excuse.

No need to believe this tournament can tell anyone what game is better than another, either.

I still think it's weird associating Bloodborne's fandom with people being Sony Ponies. I wouldn't expect Dark Souls to do any worse in such a tournament.
I think you are spot on. I think Witcher 3 would have beat any of the Souls games. But if it had beaten a Souls games proper than the Sony ponies wouldn't be able to hold onto the excuse of W3 being mulitplat and BB being only on Playstation, but it would have been interesting to see the excuses then.

Tschumi

For the Bloodborne lovers, you still get to vote for it

63YCX97.jpg
You know, i think it's probably about right that MGSV is 4th best of the gen. I mean, the other three titles might be interchangeable with games outside the top 4 but 4th just seems like it belongs to MGSV on any poll. Coulda been first if konami didn't lose their damn minds~

gow3isben

How the hell MGSV reached the semi finals is beyond me. BoTW's road to the finals was way easier than Witcher's It is gonna get smoked.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Bloodborne was essentially the 3rd example of a Souls game. Millions and millions of people played both Dark Souls leading to nothing but an open reception of BB. More people knew what BB was before jumping into it. More people knew about Soulsborne games than anything about Witcher. Contrast that to Witcher 3. Witcher 2 came out on one console, the 360, at the end of it's lifecycle. Most people don't even know that. Witcher 3 is pretty much the first time most people were exposed to the character. The Witcher, a Polish character, from a novel written 35 years ago, only translated in the last 15 years. I'm gonna say something that might hurt your feelings, but TW3 won because it's a better game, not because it was a multiplat. There's nothing wrong with BB maybe winning 3rd place, so you can take solace in that if you are having trouble dealing with it not making the finals. No need to try and make an excuse.
It being new to people has little to do with how much they're going to like the game, if anything Witcher 3 is much more inviting to players than Bloodborne.

Also, the sales argument isn't a good one, Witcher 1+2 had sold over 8 million copies before TW3 came out, the Dark Souls series crossed 8 million in mid 2015, after BB, so I'm going to say the sales were very comparable.

The Witcher 3 being on Switch and having PC save moving is actually pretty brilliant. As much as I love Bloodborne that shit is cool to be able to bounce around and play everywhere.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
lol if it's witcher 3 vs metal gear. I love those games but
Should be Bloodborne vs God of war or vs Death Stranding.

Top Bottom