• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

SO FUCKING HYPED I HAVE FORGOTTEN ALL PROPER VOCABULARY AND I'M JUST SCREAMING NOISES AS I THUMP MY CHEST AAAAAAAAAAAAAH RASGFRAGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Also on another note, fuck Yennefer. Triss is my only waifu, if I can't choose her then I'd rather my Geralt not choose anybody.

Dizzy-4U

I guess I'll have to start saving for a couple of titans. My two 580s won't get past the title screen before bursting into flames.

Salaadin

Seriously debating a console version of this even though I love PC gaming and played the others on PC. Id need a GPU upgrade for it I think and I don't know if I want to do that with everything else releasing in 2015... I'll be broke.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Looking good as ever. One of the few franchises I'll still go for a boxed copy on pc instead of digital.
2015 January looks like a pc upgrade month for me.

crabman

Any word on the Collector's Edition?

Yt77lSE.jpg
Preordered :)

Grewitch

Now that was a bad-ass trailer. That's how you do it. I can not wait till February.

CD Project Red: You guys are pure class. Damn!

lmpaler

Jesus man seriously? Wow.

How much do you think I could sell my theoretical daughter for?

Enough to buy a rig capable enough to run this in the glory it deserves if the current market holds value.

She will only distract me from this game and it is more of a lease anyways, I'll get her back when I surface from my cave.

Where is my boy Zoltan? He always gave me a laugh

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Have they clarified if the fur/hair tech we see on the wolves, bears, characters, etc will be in the console versions, or if Nvidia is crashing that party?

Really hope it makes it in, even at lower fidelity it looks way better than plain textured beasts.

Never played a Witcher game, but the trailer looked so awesome I immediately bought the 360 version of Witcher 2. Can't wait to get home from work and start playing.

Any hints/tips I should know before I start playing?

IcyEyes

Well, it's not my most anticipated game for the 2015, but I can't wait to play this game and put on my shelves that big figure (looks pretty nice!).

Even if my rig will handle this game pretty well, I'm really curious to see how this game will look on PS4 and take a final decision at the last moment. (to be honest I don't have too much faith for a good PS4 version)

The art direction is just nuts. Everything from the colors to the designs are amazing and make it stand out from the oodles of 'generic-fantasy' titles (like Dragon Age). It's dark and gritty, yet full of vibrance and life.

What are the chances the PS4 version will look roughly as good as what's shown in the trailer?

Denton

I've got a 55" too, should show it off to my sister.

Hah, that's what I am doing too :)
My sis is open to gaming, just started finally watching Game of Thrones (took some convincing though), maybe she will finally appreciate my love for all things Witchery.

IcyEyes

The art direction is just nuts. Everything from the colors to the designs are amazing and make it stand out from the oodles of 'generic-fantasy' titles (like Dragon Age). It's dark and gritty, yet full of vibrance and life.

What are the chances the PS4 version will look roughly as good as what's shown in the trailer?

I'm afraid to say the PS4 (probably) will never look as good as the trailer. CD Projects is a really skilled team, but I don't know if they have the resources to top the PS4 capabilities in order to offer the best version possible.

In few words : zero chances because of the hardware and the team resources (but I will happy to be proved wrong!).

+1 !!!

Badass graphics, badass trailer, badass well...everything.

This will very likely get a purchase from me even though I'm new to the series (outside of wiki stuff I've read because I wanted to get a feel for the story).

Triss has one of the most awesome outfits I've seen on a female character in a bit, used it in modded Skyrim.

I forgot when that happened, or maybe haven't gotten that far in the books.

Is that why people thought she died at Sodden?

It's in the 2nd book, and yes. At least it's what my memory told me, it's been quite a while now since I last read it.
Or she was cut badly somehow, that's why she always wears a chest-covering top.

Seanspeed

Banned
EQ7Pk3i.jpg

Nice to see that we will return to Kaer Morhen!
Looks like it also includes the fields from Witcher 1.

Gotta say, the graphics are impressive for a game of its size, but after watching the high quality footage, it wouldn't wow me if it were on the scale of previous Witcher games.

It seems very much like Witcher 2 graphics, but with a massive, open-world. Not unimpressive by any means, just maybe not quite the jaw dropper I first thought.

RedSwirl

rsdYIEF.jpg

For people who don't know. She should have a big ugly scar on her face's left side

She also killed
Bonhart the witchers hunter
and the books were really about her/her story.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being playable.

I am SO glad I chose to upgrade my CPU from an i5-760 to an i7-4770K instead of buying the GTX 780ti, like I was going to. My GTX 680 will be ripe for an upgrade the week before this game comes out. I built my first gaming PC in 2008 specifically so that I could play the first Witcher.

Top Bottom