• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

Uncharted ?

DSC156.gif

Oh please do tell me how a game you haven't seen which the predecessor, which looked amazing on 4-5 year old hardware, is worth laughing about

Trickster

Even before CDPR announced this, there was litterally no game I wanted more than a big openworld cyperpunk rpg, and I mean litterally in the correct sense.

And the freaking CDPR announced that they were doing exactly that. Words can't even describe my feelings at that moment.

Oh please do tell me how a game you haven't seen which the predecessor, which looked amazing on 4-5 year old hardware, is worth laughing about

Don't think they're talking about how nothing will beat it graphically, but nothing will be a better/more interesting game at E3. Something I truly doubt an uncharted game could hope to be if it just stays a cinematically focused, and set piece based action game.

I'm afraid to say the PS4 (probably) will never look as good as the trailer. CD Projects is a really skilled team, but I don't know if they have the resources to top the PS4 capabilities in order to offer the best version possible.

In few words : zero chances because of the hardware and the team resources (but I will happy to be proved wrong!).

Balls

Denton

I am not really disputing technical aspects, Uncharted 2 looked amazing for its hardware, but to me Uncharted games are just completely inferior due to their corridor shooter nature. I am able to enjoy them, sure, but they will never provide me with the kind of experience that CDP offers, one where I am in charge of the story, I feel real emotions, and pure joy of actual exploration.

chadboban

Glad I got home in time to see the gamersyde version. Holy crap this looks incredible! Actually kinda glad it's a 2015 release. Gives me loads of time to catch up on this series and to upgrade my PC.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
£50 as the base price for a PC game is absurd, hopefully it's available cheaper through Steam trading. £28 with the 2 game discount and using a US VPN is more reasonable, still more than I like to pay.

Denton

I hope this blows up. It's only a matter of time before we get the movie we deserve.

tumblr_mydpzr9mgQ1ri8fzno5_250.gif

My man. I really wish HBO would get Witcher Saga to make a show from after Game of Thrones are over.

And Mads would be amazing Geralt. The best there could be, really.

No Love

Banned
Wow. Just... wow. I have never, ever been this blown away by a trailer for a game before. That was absolutely hands down the greatest trailer I have ever seen. Nothing else comes close to my hype level for this game now.

I'll be buying 2x GTX 780 6GB's or 2x GTX 880's, whatever is out in February 2015. This game needs to be played at its full glory at 60+ FPS. Nothing else will suffice.

God damn. CD Projekt Red are GODS.

I am not really disputing technical aspects, Uncharted 2 looked amazing for its hardware, but to me Uncharted games are just completely inferior due to their corridor shooter nature. I am able to enjoy them, sure, but they will never provide me with the kind of experience that CDP offers, one where I am in charge of the story, I feel real emotions, and pure joy of actual exploration.

So basically your point boils down to "I don't like the game aspect"

Which is fine. But you should've been more clear since he clearly was speaking about visuals.

Witcher 3 looks good, but this is the game for which I am waiting.

Just imagine how much better the visuals will be with over a year more development time!
The art direction is just nuts. Everything from the colors to the designs are amazing and make it stand out from the oodles of 'generic-fantasy' titles (like Dragon Age). It's dark and gritty, yet full of vibrance and life.

What are the chances the PS4 version will look roughly as good as what's shown in the trailer?

Zero. CDProjekt are strong PC devs, they strive for amazing but hardware demanding visuals. Although the PS4 is the more powerful of the two consoles, it still has hardware equal to a mid to low range PC.

Kuro

This is definitely going to be 900p on the PS4. I'm going to buy a new GPU the week this game comes out. Fingers crossed for a 6gb GTX 880.

UrbanRats

My man. I really wish HBO would get Witcher Saga to make a show from after Game of Thrones are over.

And Mads would be amazing Geralt. The best there could be, really.

After GoT is over, Mads will probably be entirely too old to play him.

Besides, he has first to finish Hannibal, which is amazing, thank you very much!

Denton

After GoT is over, Mads will probably be entirely too old to play him.

Besides, he has first to finish Hannibal, which is amazing, thank you very much!

I love Hannibal, it really is amazing and the finale was stunning in every way.
But Mads is 48 and he looks much younger than his age suggests, so he should be fine for a long time. And Geralt ain't young fella too, although he was younger in the books (and has slower aging due to mutations).

Moff

its a shame the CE doesnt have a cloth map, I'm a sucker for cloth maps

I might buy it for the medallion alone though

GKFinns

I built a brand new gaming PC in anticipation for a few upcoming games, The Witcher 3 chief among them.

I will definitely be jumping onto the collector's edition. I got one for Witcher 1 and 2, so this is a no brainer.

My only hope/request is that the US version retains the steelbook. I love steelbooks but America really gets screwed on them. Europe gets practically all of them.

Top Bottom