• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword Of Destiny

Just got home and watched the trailer. HOLY SHIT.

CDPR just won E3 before it even began. That's it everybody, pack it in and go home. You can't beat this.

As much as I'd love the statue, I don't think I can justify $150 when GoG will give me 15% off if I just buy the game straight from there.

Didn't they say you can change his facial hair? even make him full bearded.

Sorry, what I meant was that he looks younger when beardless.

e.g. Geralt in the top image looks much younger than haggared, old, bearded Geralt on the bottom image.

wiO.png

502748.jpg

Exuro

Just got home. Amazing trailer. Love that Geralt has white hair compared tp 2's silver. Game looks gorgeous and hopefully by then my machine will be capable of running it.

IcyEyes

I'd rather wait and see.

You guys forgot infamous second son ? Pretty sure its looks fairly close to this.

Also Kojima is doing amazing work with MGSV , especially when considering its a cross gen game.

PS4 should be able to do this or close to it.Just watch Naughty Dog and Square Enix smash these consoles.

I completely agree with you, but allow me to explain myself better:
I think Infamous SS, so far, is the best looking game on the market (except for some modded game) and I agree with you, it's fairly close to this game (probably Delsin has more polys than Geralt).
I also think games like The Order and probably U4 will be better overall (talking about the graphics).
The "major" problem for the consoles to handle this game will come from the porting on the consoles. There is very small chance the guys from CDP may afford to optimize this game on console like the first party studio can.

Well, it's the big thing right now but people will move on to the next 'megaton' as soon as E3 happens. Just the way things happen.

The only other megaton that would make me forget about The Witcher 3 is Half-Life 3, which is not very likely to happen. This is the first trailer that has gotten me extremely excited since the Dark Souls 2 reveal trailer. Also, not very many trailers make me go and pre-order the game, and start planning to put together a new rig.

Jetman

Excite!

Have only played the first game (will start Part 2 soon).

Had to watch the vid with no volume. Who's the white-haired, yet younger looking lady running away supposed to be? She seems important.

IvorB

A very Hollywood-style trailer. Not much to be gleaned from that apart from it looks pretty and the main guy looks less scaly than before (which is good). I reserve judgement. Also 2015?? Do we need to be talking about this now?

HeelPower

The "major" problem for the consoles to handle this game will come from the porting on the consoles. There is very small chance the guys from CDP may afford to optimize this game on console like the first party studio can.

Oh yeah.

That's totally a legitimate point.But here's hoping the delays will allow them to maximize what they can do with these consoles.

This is their first multi-platform release and the game is so huge.So that might pose a problem indeed.

Hopefully the Ti I recently bought will be able to run that at at least 25 FPS with a similar IQ. Looks incredible, the bit before the boating made me gasp.

well fuk...going with the PS4 version I guess. My i5 and 680 won't run this, unless low-med settings.
And I'm guessing it'll be a lot better optimized for the PS4 then the PC either way

Dawg

The only other megaton that would make me forget about The Witcher 3 is Half-Life 3, which is not very likely to happen. This is the first trailer that has gotten me extremely excited since the Dark Souls 2 reveal trailer. Also, not very many trailers make me go and pre-order the game, and start planning to put together a new rig.

Oh, I know. I've just seen many people go and pre-order TW3 today without even having played the previous games. I hope CDPR learned from TW2, because I remember A LOT of people quitting the game before or around the forest area :p

Schryver

Haven't played the first 2 games yet but preordered CE from Amazon anyways. Will decide if I want to keep it after I finally upgrade my PC and experience the frst 2 games at max settings

Fezan

shark-bite-gif.gif

sebastian+mouth+drop.gif

4488720.gif

tumblr_mcj4fldVSX1qhfqwv.gif

That music that graphics that premise that dialogue that art

ill sell my kidney if i have to ill make a high end to play this

Exuro

Oh, I know. I've just seen many people go and pre-order TW3 today without even having played the previous games. I hope CDPR learned from TW2, because I remember A LOT of people quitting the game before or around the forest area :p
Yeah the gameplay demo will make/break the hype.

JESUS CHRIST, just so that trailer and man my 2500k and 580 are crying in the corner. Gotta build a new pc for this, here's hoping the 800s are out and are an actual upgrade over the 700s

antonz

well fuk...going with the PS4 version I guess. My i5 and 680 won't run this, unless low-med settings.
And I'm guessing it'll be a lot better optimized for the PS4 then the PC either way

They are a PC developer first and foremost so I would expect the PC version will be optimized quite nicely. Your system should produce at least visuals matching PS4.

Kimppis

I completely agree with you, but allow me to explain myself better:
I think Infamous SS, so far, is the best looking game on the market (except for some modded game) and I agree with you, it's fairly close to this game (probably Delsin has more polys than Geralt).
I also think games like The Order and probably U4 will be better overall (talking about the graphics).

I agree with you guys. I downloaded the 1080p trailer and it looked great, but nothing mindblowing. It actually reminded me of Tomb Raider: DE fidelity-wise, no idea why. The scale and draw-distances, etc., on the other hand, seem to be very impressive. But yeah, I think Second Son looks slightly better, or atleast comparable. (Ofc it's just my opinion, and I don't know shit. And we need to see some more Witcher 3 in order to say anything final.)

As a trailer it was pretty stunning, gotta admit that. Great music and it actually showed some (really nice) gameplay footage.

TheD

The Detective
Did anyone else notice the adaptive tessellation problem (water and mountain in the distance have major polygon crawling) in the small boat on stormy seas footage?

Sentenza

There is very small chance the guys from CDP may afford to optimize this game on console like the first party studio can.
More to the point, people should stop thinking "optimization" equals to miracles.
Optimizing can only get you that far, but there is a finite quantity of computational work that a given hardware can do, no matter how efficient is the software.

I have a hard time imagining a PS4 performing better than a GTX 680 in any scenario, to be honest.

P.S. Oh, right, it was my first post in this thread and I didn't even commented the trailer. Well, what can I say? it was fine enough, I guess.
OH MY GOD, THAT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Derp

Rumour was that it ran at 30-45 FPS at Ultra on a 780 Ti with 8xMSAA.

If this is true... Oh my god. My 780 Ti is getting so wet right now.

I'd rather wait and see.

You guys forgot infamous second son ? Pretty sure its looks fairly close to this.

Also Kojima is doing amazing work with MGSV , especially when considering its a cross gen game.

PS4 should be able to do this or close to it.Just watch Naughty Dog and Square Enix smash these consoles.

Infamous fakes a lot of stuff to look like it does, like reflections in puddles, etc. It is also no where near the scale of this and is exclusive to a single console. The new consoles so far don't have a good reputation for being very powerful, so when a game coming out from hardcore PC devs, which will bring high end PCs to their knees, I think it's acceptable to assume that the PS4(also Xbone) won't be running it at a high fps/resolution/graphics settings.

Also with all the footage seen this seems even more likely now: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...ne-gtx780-ti-pushes-35-45fps-at-max-settings/

Top Bottom