• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I read last week that there's supposed to be a patch with 600+ fixes. Is that true or no? Thanks.

For the Dandelion quest? I didn't get anything. Still have the autosave file so i'm going to see if it changes after the patch.

I didn't get any for actually finishing but I got a fair amount during the quest each time I
talked to one of the girls

I read last week that there's supposed to be a patch with 600+ fixes. Is that true or no? Thanks.

It was a mistake on Eurogamer's part. They were referring to the initial 600 MB patch that hit day one.

However CDPR have since pushed out 3 patches on the PC and 1 for PS4.

You can. Using Yrden is much easier though. Same goes for a lot of elementa.

Hrm, I thought it was necessary. This explains much.

The 600 fixes are for the day one patch. Eurogamer incorrectly reported that it was post-launch, new patch, which is probably where the misinformation stems from.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Question for anyone whos completed the Fergus quest for getting the master armor tools.

What is the Archgriffin? When talking they say its a Draconid but Griffins are Hybrids so I'm confused what to use It wont be listed under the Bestiary until I killed it so I have no idea what its weaknesses are..

One of the markers with someone trapped in a cage bugged out. I think I ran away from the bandits the first time and now i cant get the key when I go back. I think its an important merchant that you can play Gwent with, hope they can patch this or there is a mod eventually for all the keys.
Yeah those cage people quests are kind of finnicky. I found a bandit camp Last night and after I cleared it I found the merchant dude standing outside the cage, and still asking me to release him. o_O

fantomena

I ment as in:
Voice acting.
Way she runs and walks.
The weird dash she does.

The short time you play as her is boring as hell. Before this game I was excited about playing as Ciri in the next game, now I am worried about it.

Ah right, yeah, the running/walking was very silly. And the dashing kinda reminded about inFamous: Second Son.

Reebot

You can. Using Yrden is much easier though. Same goes for a lot of elementa.

For noon/nightwraiths yeah, break out the yrden. It's the closest the game comes to capturing smart sign usage in-combat. But regular wraiths and elementa? Never saw the use.

I was responding to the claim that this game demands some kind of higher tactical thinking, which it doesn't. You really can plow through it using just quen and mashing light attack, and it's not hard or self-handicapped at all.

Combat has always been the worst parts of these games; that's alright since everything else is great.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there eventually some sort of storage system? I crafted the full set of Griffin armor a few hours ago and the game warned me that I should hold onto it since it can be upgraded. If I find better stuff though and especially if I craft another Witcher set or two the weight and inventory space is going to be too much to carry.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there eventually some sort of storage system? I crafted the full set of Griffin armor a few hours ago and the game warned me that I should hold onto it since it can be upgraded. If I find better stuff though and especially if I craft another Witcher set or two the weight and inventory space is going to be too much to carry.

Only thing you can do for now is buy bigger saddle bags and store them there. This is a common complaint / wished for feature though so hopefully CD Projekt Red will release a better inventory storage system. I think they underestimated how much people want to hold onto stuff.

aku:jiki

So I just headed down to the giant Nilfgaard army camp in the southeast and had my mind blown by two things, which I'm sure I'm late to the party on:

A) This is where Velen is! The rest of the map doesn't have a name since it's where Temeria and Cedania used to be... I've been wondering where exactly the borders are.
B) You were actually supposed to enter the map here. Everything around here is low level and the Gwent player has the worst deck in the game, so it's clearly the starting area. I wonder why they changed it to you spawning by Hang Man's Tree without adjusting the levels down here...

Question for anyone whos completed the Fergus quest for getting the master armor tools.

What is the Archgriffin? When talking they say its a Draconid but Griffins are Hybrids so I'm confused what to use It wont be listed under the Bestiary until I killed it so I have no idea what its weaknesses are..

Just the regular griffin stuff, he isn't even added to your bestiary once you kill him. Unless it bugged out on me.

tuxfool

Banned
For noon/nightwraiths yeah, break out the yrden. It's the closest the game comes to capturing smart sign usage in-combat. But regular wraiths and elementa? Never saw the use.

I was responding to the claim that this game demands some kind of higher tactical thinking, which it doesn't. You really can plow through it using just quen and mashing light attack, and it's not hard or self-handicapped at all.

Combat has always been the worst parts of these games; that's alright since everything else is great.

It doesn't demand it. But fighting intelligently is certainly rewarding from a personal satisfaction point of view. Using Yrden on fast swarms, crowd control using bombs, using appropriate buffs on very high level enemies.

I didn't get any for actually finishing but I got a fair amount during the quest each time I
talked to one of the girls

Oh, okay. I thought I was the only one so maybe it's not the XP bug? I just find it weird since you always end up getting XP at the end of main story quest. Guess i'll try and do one of the side quests and see if I get anything after completing it.

Only thing you can do for now is buy bigger saddle bags and store them there. This is a common complaint / wished for feature though so hopefully CD Projekt Red will release a better inventory storage system. I think they underestimated how much people want to hold onto stuff.

Alright, thanks. Just to be clear, when I equip new saddlebags, it just increases the maximum weight I can hold, right? I don't need to actually place items into a separate saddlebag menu?

Another quick question, trying to avoid too many spoilers but are the three areas I have access to now the only ones in the game? Meaning White Orchard, Velen/ Novigrad, and Skellige?

Alright, thanks. Just to be clear, when I equip new saddlebags, it just increases the maximum weight I can hold, right? I don't need to actually place items into a separate saddlebag menu?

Another quick question, trying to avoid too many spoilers but are the three areas I have access to now the only ones in the game? Meaning White Orchard, Velen/ Novigrad, and Skellige?

No, but the rest are pretty small even compared to White Orchard.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just the regular griffin stuff, he isn't even added to your bestiary once you kill him. Unless it bugged out on me.

I can't beat it down at all. He's only level 26 and I'm a 24 yet I'm dead realy quick. Using all Griffin weaknesses against it and his health barely moves. :\

Cyborg

Im level 4 and done everything in White Orchard. Except the treasure in the water. Is it worth it?

Is my level high enough to leave?

Reebot

It doesn't demand it. But fighting intelligently is certainly rewarding from a personal satisfaction point of view. Using Yrden on fast swarms, crowd control using bombs, using appropriate buffs on very high level enemies.

Obviously I can't tell you what you personally find rewarding. But I can say the game itself provides little incentive to do much beyond what I've described.

I think they should redesign the combat from the ground up. Put a much greater focus on animation control - get rid of the randomness it currently has - and make it so both Geralt and his foes have a more grounded damage model. The light/heavy button pairing is also a mistake, I'd change it to single/group attacks. Witcher 1's combat system, while really boring, actually had a nice representation of this. It was a good idea and one I was sad they let go. AI also needs a massive overhaul, its really poor as is.

Im level 4 and done everything in White Orchard. Except the treasure in the water. Is it worth it?

Is my level high enough to leave?

There is no minimum level necessary to leave White Orchard. I left at level 2 and was just fine, though it was a rocky start.

Question about Get Junior and Gangs of Novegrad.
Are these quests intertwined? Like do one, fail the other? Does doing Gangs of Novegrad lead to you killing Junior and Get Junior lead to sparing him? I'm confused, are they "unrelated" or will doing one change the other?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
In regards to the 600+ fixes patch, thanks guys. I knew that didn't sound right.

On a side note -

Has anyone completed the "Magic Lamp" quest and no matter what, have the objective of searching a room with your Witcher senses come up as a "red x" no matter what? I have done that quest several times so im thinking that it's a bug/glitch. Thanks.

fantomena

I feel like the end game, the game after the ending where you can continue and explore destroyed it all for me.

Copying this from CDPR Forum, this user writes actually what I feel:

But then after I had my preferred ending I was dropped into a empty lonely castle and when I went out from a lonely cold castle... no longer inhabited by Witcher's I went into an empty world, no longer inhabited by friends and family... The entire world which I had made in the game, was basically gone. Completely ripped me out of the immersion, also really hurt the ending for me.

I couldn't See or talk to the people who I had had this massive journey with or talk to them and say "Hi, How are things?" When I was passing through... It was a small thing but it literally made me not want to play the game after the ending, since it felt like the whole game world had suddenly become hollow. Like with the possible ending of Geralt alone with no one... even though I had made an ending that was happy and bright for all the people involved it resulted in the same hollow world.

I don't know if its just me but I really feel that Red should have at least put the main characters in the game after the end... Ciri talking with the Emperor/Travelling passive from inn to inn and you can sometimes bump into her and say Hi, Yen/Triss and Geralt living together, but obviously Geralt being able to travel and take on Monster Contracts. Had Red done this I would have come outta the ending feeling that the game was complete and that I could go around doing Contracts and side quests well also feeling that the world was full of people I care about and had saved(or not).

It completely toke me outta the game... I dunno about you.

And for my own feelings about this stuff:

I get a bad feeling in my stomach everytime I enter the world and especially when Im going to Kear Morhen. I want all the folks back again. Everything feels so empty and lost now. I sometime having trouble with continue exploring.

Onyar

I'm at the start of the game, the first zone, and just appeared the mission to kill the gryphon, but the mission says it's for 3 level but i'm just one. What will expect the game of me to do? Contracts? I pick it but only the one of the well appears. I'm really losed, I feel I jumped over a lot of quests.

Reebot

Are these quests intertwined? Like do one, fail the other? Does doing Gangs of Novegrad lead to you killing Junior and Get Junior lead to sparing him? I'm confused, are they "unrelated" or will doing one change the other?

They are definitely intertwined; I ignored Gangs and progressed on Get Junior and the former auto-failed. I think you have to do Gangs first if you want to complete both.

You will fail the Gangs of Novigrad quest if you get too far into the Get Junior quest.

I don't think it has anything to do with
sparing/killing Whoresone, just the method in which you obtain his location

Oh, okay. I thought I was the only one so maybe it's not the XP bug? I just find it weird since you always end up getting XP at the end of main story quest. Guess i'll try and do one of the side quests and see if I get anything after completing it.

Reading about the bug now and I don't think it actually turns off all XP gains. Contracts seem to work fine. Some get hit with it in sidequests and some in Main quests.

Totally guessing but I think it may have to do with how far you are from the recommended level for the quest. By design, the game doesn't give XP for quests that are recommended for 6 levels below your current level (these are grayed out in your journal). It may be that the calculation is being performed incorrectly at times.

Yesterday I did mostly side stuff and then the Dandelion quest above. It was enough for me to hit both Level 14 and Level 15 so I was definitely getting XP for a lot of what I was doing even if some of it may have glitched.

I'm at the start of the game, the first zone, and just appeared the mission to kill the gryphon, but the mission says it's for 3 level but i'm just one. What will expect the game of me to do? Contracts? I pick it but only the one of the well appears. I'm really losed, I feel I jumped over a lot of quests.

You'll be fine. Equipment is more important than the levels themselves, and it's certainly possible to beat the griffin with basic equipment. You'll probably want some food or potions to give you an edge, though.

cantona222

I need help.
I'm playing the game on XBone. When I tried to save the game manually this message popped up:
"You cannot save the game now." I tried saving in different situations but that did not help.
I checked my load game & found out that the Auto save & check points are for yesterday. Which means there is no save for today's session.

It seems to be a hard drive malfunction I guess. What should I do?

They are definitely intertwined; I ignored Gangs and progressed on Get Junior and the former auto-failed. I think you have to do Gangs first if you want to complete both.

You will fail the Gangs of Novigrad quest if you get too far into the Get Junior quest.

I don't think it has anything to do with
sparing/killing Whoresone, just the method in which you obtain his location

So you can only do one, not both? Get Junior goes on further but the part where you find Junior you can only do one or the other?

Mendax

Geeze, are you strapped for coin the whole game? Repairing is expensive!

no, got over 10k coins and am level 17. long way to go.

I need help.
I'm playing the game on XBone. When I tried to save the game manually this message popped up:
"You cannot save the game now." I tried saving in different situations but that did not help.
I checked my load game & found out that the Auto save & check points are for yesterday. Which means there is no save for today's session.

It seems to be a hard drive malfunction I guess. What should I do?

I think that is a known bug, check dis: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-treating-xbox-one-save-problems-very/1100-6427575/

Anyone near the end of the game, please help

Is it possible to talk to the people you send to Kaer Mohren? Just sent Zoltan but can't find him anywhere. I also sent Keira, Lethos and Triss before I started the Brothers in Arms quest.

Is it possible to talk to the people you send to Kaer Mohren? Just sent Zoltan but can't find him anywhere. I also sent Keira, Lethos and Triss before I started the Brothers in Arms quest.
Nope for some reason not, also lol you your only about 2/3's in

You can
once you bring Ciri there and after the battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom