• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loot in this game is awful. I can't tell if it's the item scaling at work or what, but it sucks that everything I find is pretty much an alchemy or crafting material. I've yet to find a weapon/armor piece better then what I've crafted.

Snuck in past a level 20 Earth Elemental to get the hidden treasure at level 10, and all I got was some shitty level 5 sword.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
With Lambert's first quest of revenge, what did you all choose?
I ended up spring the guy. I felt like murdering the guy in cold blood wouldn't do anything to change the past and would just turn his children bitter. So I let him live. Maybe I overthought it.

I did the same thing. Felt fine about it, too.

Dawg

gwenttqhqpc.png

The "in the base version" line implies we'll get more cards in the dlc and expansions, right?

Right?

I need more Gwent. It's like crack.

Enosh

I ended up spring the guy. I felt like murdering the guy in cold blood wouldn't do anything to change the past and would just turn his children bitter. So I let him live. Maybe I overthought it.
well given that i killed countless people, some more or less deserving on my various quest to find ciri, to clear my name in witcher 2 etc, I just figured his quest, his choice

Reebot

The loot in this game is awful. I can't tell if it's the item scaling at work or what, but it sucks that everything I find is pretty much an alchemy or crafting material. I've yet to find a weapon/armor piece better then what I've crafted.

Snuck in past a level 20 Earth Elemental to get the hidden treasure at level 10, and all I got was some shitty level 5 sword.

Are you using Witcher gear? Its tough to find anything that beats those sets, I basically accepted all loot as vendor trash or future mats.

Virdix

gwenttqhqpc.png

The "in the base version" line implies we'll get more cards in the dlc and expansions, right?

Right?

Thats my take on it, I can't get the achievment though for all the cards though Early White Orchard spoilers
Gwent used to crash my game so I didnt buy the cards from the innkeep in White Orchard and now shes no longer there.

I wish there was a way to play gwent against random decks in a row so I could remote play on my vita. Gwent is so good.

murgo

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm affected by the XP bug. Do you get any experience for completing scavenger hunts? I just got all the cat school gear and didn't get any XP. Please tell me that's normal..

gwenttqhqpc.png

Right?

Yep, Gwent DLC is mentioned in the ini files.

Thats my take on it, I can't get the achievment though for all the cards though Early White Orchard spoilers
Gwent used to crash my game so I didnt buy the cards from the innkeep in White Orchard and now shes no longer there.

I wish there was a way to play gwent against random decks in a row so I could remote play on my vita. Gwent is so good.

I haven't checked it out, but the newest patch is supposed to make it so the other merchant in White Orchard sells the cards.

You'll be able to buy them of a merchant in WO once patch 1.04 rolls out on PS4. You already can on PC.

On PS4 I'm having an issue where anytime I gallop or sprint with the horse, the camera starts tilting itself down until it is looking straight at the ground. This started happening after the most recent patch. It's made the horse useless because I just can't see where I'm going at all.

Are you using Witcher gear? Its tough to find anything that beats those sets, I basically accepted all loot as vendor trash or future mats.

Yea, pieces of the Griffon set. Before that, I didn't find anything either though. I figured crafting was going to give me the best, but I didn't expect to find a level 20 monster guarding a shitty level 5 sword.

It sucks having to vendor all the cool looking swords. =/

FINALLY! After trying loads of different programs I finally found one (thanks to the Witcher 3 mod thread) that lets you assign F5 (the quick save function) to the guide button on the Xbox One gamepad when playing on PC.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro/releases

Lol, I'm using Inputmapper with my DS4 and I press the playstation button to quick save more then I do anything else in the game. The error message telling me I can't save right now because I'm already saving is a permanent fixture on the bottom left of my screen.

Malreyn

Found out today that "Crippling Strikes" talent in melee tree is bugged on some monsters...its supposed to cause them to lose essence over time but I tried it on some drowners and it doesn't work.

Lingitiz

Wait where is this quest?

Reebot

Well, that's a first

How did it work in DA:I? Some guy lost his mind when I suggested the Witcher 2 system earlier.

In Witcher 2 you send out an orange-ish wave that highlighted intractable objects. Had a brief cool down and there was no real need to use it unless you were looking for something obscured by foliage. I liked how unintrusive it was compared to The Witcher 3, where everything comes to a standstill and makes the game look terrible.

I've gathered people don't like the system in DA:I - is it any different?

How did it work in DA:I? Some guy lost his mind when I suggested the Witcher 2 system earlier.

In Witcher 2 you send out an orange-ish wave that highlighted intractable objects. Had a brief cool down and there was no real need to use it unless you were looking for something obscured by foliage. I liked how unintrusive it was compared to The Witcher 3, where everything comes to a standstill and makes the game look terrible.

I've gathered people don't like the system in DA:I - is it any different?

Not really.

How is the bear armor ? I am aiming for that, right now I am rocking with the enhanced griffin gear. Ouh, and already have the upgraded schemes for the bear set.

aku:jiki

Of course. The real question is what they're planning. I really hope they're not just planning "5 new hero cards!" as one of the free DLCs.

I feel like, considering the popularity among fans, it'd be a great idea for CDPR to slap together a mini-expansion just for Gwent. Make it $5, include a few new heroes or whatever, put some players in the world, give them a simple questline to play each in order and have the ultimate reward be a new deck or something. That's easy money right there. I should be director of DLC.

Reebot

Of course. The real question is what they're planning. I really hope they're not just planning "5 new hero cards!" as one of the free DLCs.

I feel like, considering the popularity among fans, it'd be a great idea for CDPR to slap together a mini-expansion just for Gwent. Make it $5, include a few new heroes or whatever, put some players in the world, give them a simple questline to play each in order and have the ultimate reward be a new deck or something. That's easy money right there. I should be director of DLC.

We're going to be seeing a stand alone release of Gwent soon, I'd almost guarantee it.

So what's the big deal?

Feeling like a human sonar is annoying, constantly pressing a button is more irritating than just holding in a trigger, the cooldown gets in the way of trying to find things in a hurry, and that system would simply not work with the "follow the footsteps" missions.

BLunted

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out if I'm affected by the XP bug. Do you get any experience for completing scavenger hunts? I just got all the cat school gear and didn't get any XP. Please tell me that's normal..

I didnt even bother to verify since CDPR confirmed the bug. I've just decided to stop playing until it's fixed.

dlauv

I liked ME2 the most because of the character stories. Witcher 2 was around the same level for me on the whole, but Witcher 3's writing and cutscene direction outclasses them both. This is some Netflix Original quality stuff, in a good way.

Nordicus

Wow, took so long, but I might've finally found my way of shutting down drowners. Annoying buggers. Need to try out against higher level ones or a bigger group, but this is the gist of it.

1) dodge to the side
2) cast Aard immediately after
3) instakill the reliably knocked down drowner, and you're invincible during the animation

aravuus

So what's the big deal?

Why should I keep clicking the stick literally all the time to be able to see and pick up objects from the ground? What's the fucking point, other than apparently discouraging player to explore and find stuff? If you have to have a stupid radar ping highlight objects system in place, at the very least you could make it so the player just has to hold down a button or something and the game keeps pinging.

I quite literally had to take breaks from DA:I cause my thumb started hurting.

Altairre

How is the bear armor ? I am aiming for that, right now I am rocking with the enhanced griffin gear. Ouh, and already have the upgraded schemes for the bear set.

Best looking armor imho. It's not necessarily the best for me since I dumped most of my points into the signs tree and it gimps stamina regen but I still wear it because of how it looks. Mixed it with the feline boots and gauntlets and I'm going to keep it that way.

TI82

Banned
Man leveling up is taking forever. Found some bandits with a merchant kidnapped and killed them all pretty easily (ignii + scaring them off their horse + insta death) but whichever one is supposed to have the key didn't have the key... lol.

GavinUK86

The Whispering Hillock. Black Beauty.

Can't help but feel like that's going to come back and bite me on the arse later on.

Ok, that did just bite me in the arse.

The entire village was destroyed by the spirit I let go. Love far reaching consequences!

Dawg

I remember reading somewhere CDPR was planning to add those cards to a different innkeeper to fix that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom