• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I probably won't even bother with them in this beast of a game but if I wanted to, at what point into the game should I start concerning myself with missable trophies?

Are there any within the first 10 hours or so, hopefully not.

Coreda

Any PS4/Xbox One users know if the remaining known bugs listed in the OP have been fixed?

Looks like the first bug/conflict with the instant on feature is still an ongoing issue but not sure about climbing becoming bugged. Edit: I've updated the OP a tad and removed the old Gwent crash bug since it's been patched.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am convinced my game is glitched or something. The game just refuses to give me lesser red mutagen. I have not had a single drop in over two days despite farming attempts.

Fuckt this crap.

RedSwirl

I just noticed some Nilfgaardians actually speaking Nilfgaardians and I caught what I thought were a couple German words in there. Is there an actual language CDPRojekt put in there? Is it German or some other Germanic language like Dutch?

I just noticed some Nilfgaardians actually speaking Nilfgaardians and I caught what I thought were a couple German words in there. Is there an actual language CDPRojekt put in there? Is it German or some other Germanic language like Dutch?

Idk but it would make sense for them to use Germanic words because Nilfgaard seems somewhat inspired by Nazi Germany.

Coreda

Searched for that ghost ship RandomSeed posted about. Looks like a few have recorded clips it. Would have been a very cool touch if it could be seen sinking underwater.

ghostshipynoyl.jpg

Which reminds me. The concepts for the underwater environments were great, reading through the artbook last week. Feels like something they just didn't have the resources to flesh out to the extent they had planned.

I don't know if the ship location is random or specific, but when I found it I was in the waters Northeast of the main land mass, at night.

Kvik

By The Eternal Fire, I actually managed to complete Skellige's Most Wanted with patch 1.08.

Achievements also has started working again.

tauke

By The Eternal Fire, I actually managed to complete Skellige's Most Wanted with patch 1.08.

Achievements also has started working again.

Sadly achievements still haven't unlocked for me and I still not dare to proceed with Skellige's Most Wanted quest. ;-;

I'm on GOG Galaxy though but patch 1.08 do improved the pop in as it was horrendous in patch 1.07 as NPCs and hair will pop in a 1-2 secs after fast travel to a new place.

I am convinced my game is glitched or something. The game just refuses to give me lesser red mutagen. I have not had a single drop in over two days despite farming attempts.

Fuckt this crap.

Calm down. This is normal. You'll get tons of red mutagens in Skellige. They can be found in Velen and Novigrad too, but they're rare and not worth farming for.

Hoplatee

So. Am I missing something or am I just unlucky with this bugged quest? :(

I googled a little bit but can't find much more info on it being bugged other than you have to finish
Get Junior
first but I did that ages ago.

H0g8qrH.jpg

LOL. Rather Holy Roman Empire. There is far more to German history then the 30s ))

There's more german history than the 30's?? Really? Holy shit, thanks hahaha this just blew my mind omg. Who'd have thunk it!

?

What exactly does Nilfgaard and Nazi Germany have in common? Nilfgaard is based on the Roman Empire. I can't find a single similarity with Nazi Germany.

Their black ornate armor looking SS dudes, invading the northern territories unprovoked, german accents, they believe they were descended from Elder Blood or something? I'm not very far in the game, but I don't think its a stretch for someone to get that impression. Obviously there are tons of differences I've noticed as well, like they seem to actually be nicer to minority races than the northern territories, but like I said it just seemed to be one influence. And CD Projekt Red are Polish devs...so it's not like a vested interest in that time period would be unprecedented.

Their black ornate armor looking SS dudes, invading the northern territories unprovoked, german accents, they believe they were descended from Elder Blood or something?

Aside from the accents, that's every freaking European country ever in the medieval ages, lol.

Nah, Nilfgaard has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi Germany. That's one hell of a stretch, and it doesn't even make sense.

Aside from the accents, that's every freaking European country ever in the medieval ages, lol.

Nah, Nilfgaard has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi Germany. That's one hell of a stretch, and it doesn't even make sense.

why is it a stretch to assume contemporary historic parallels in a medieval fantasy, especially when there are aspects that line up. I said somewhat inspired by, not "literally nazi germany". It seems to me they could have based it off of Roman Empire but infused aspects of Nazi Germany in the creation of their fictional power hungry, territory conquering, not-german superpower.

NeoGiff

As has already been said, Nilfgaard and Nazi Germany are pretty much unrelated, influence-wise.

Nilfgaard and the Roman Empire, on the other hand...

Thorgal

Just finished the Swamp thing contract.
Man that thing hits like a truck .

At first i thought i picked a contract that i was still way to underleveled for but no i was only 2 levels under it .

Alright yall that was just my take away after playing it a few hours... Still don't see how it's preposterous for someone to see some Nazi/WW2 influence in the game though. I don't know much about the witcher series so I start this up and BAM it's about German people invading a bunch countries. There's even that neutral bank territory they were talking about which I took to be a stand in for Switzerland.

why is it a stretch to assume contemporary historic parallels in a medieval fantasy, especially when there are aspects that line up. I said somewhat inspired by, not "literally nazi germany". It seems to me they could have based it off of Roman Empire but infused aspects of Nazi Germany in the creation of their fictional power hungry, territory conquering, not-german superpower.

Man, you really need to read up on history, and also understand when everyone is correcting you and explaining why your arguments don't hold. Your limited knowledge just fills you with prejudice. For the third and final time: there are clearly no Nazi influences whatsoever. But whatever, who cares, it's not like this is a big deal and if this makes you happy then by all means.

Man, you really need to read up on history, and also understand when everyone is correcting you and explaining why your arguments don't hold. Your limited knowledge just fills you with prejudice. For the third and final time: there are clearly no Nazi influences whatsoever. But whatever, who cares, it's not like this is a big deal and if this makes you happy then by all means.

Why are you being such an asshole? Jesus. No one has corrected me, people have just said "lol you're wrong it's Rome" when all I've saying is that it doesn't seem crazy to see ww2 some parallels in it. I should read up on history, and my limited knowledge fills me with prejudice? All because I played a fantasy game for a few hours and thought there were a few WW2 connections. You're a real pretentious fucking dick.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
There's more german history than the 30's?? Really? Holy shit, thanks hahaha this just blew my mind omg. Who'd have thunk it!

Their black ornate armor looking SS dudes, invading the northern territories unprovoked, german accents, they believe they were descended from Elder Blood or something? I'm not very far in the game, but I don't think its a stretch for someone to get that impression. Obviously there are tons of differences I've noticed as well, like they seem to actually be nicer to minority races than the northern territories, but like I said it just seemed to be one influence. And CD Projekt Red are Polish devs...so it's not like a vested interest in that time period would be unprecedented.

Srsly, quit fixating on Nazis )) It's based on the Holy Roman Empire as simple as that - that how it works with the books, Sapkowski often references 13-14th century state of affairs in Silesia, and I don't see any indication of REDs changing that. Nilfgaard used to serve as an allegory of Soviet Union at some point, as its imprint in historical memory is rather fresh and Nazi references in culture are considered cheesy and very right-wing-clerical-conservative stuff in Poland (they were played to death by PPR propaganda), as it is usually associated with a historical narrative of "Poland - the Eternal Victim".

Hey guys. I'm thinking about picking W3 up on PC - I've got a setup with an i5-4460 + Asus GTX 760 + 8gb RAM, and want to be able to play it at 1600x900 windowed at a stable 60fps. How realistic is this goal and what sorts of graphical sacrifices would I need to make? Apologies if this has already been answered earlier in the thread, and thanks in advance :)

Srsly, quit fixating on Nazis )) It's based on the Holy Roman Empire as simple as that - that how it works with the books, Sapkowski often references 13-14th century state of affairs in Silesia, and I don't see any indication of REDs changing that. Nilfgaard used to serve as an allegory of Soviet Union at some point, as its imprint in historical memory is rather fresh and Nazi references in culture are considered cheesy and very right-wing-clerical-conservative stuff in Poland (they were played to death by PPR propaganda), as it is usually associated with a historical narrative of "Poland - the Eternal Victim".

Ok. I havent read the books. I haven't played Witcher 1 or Witcher 2. I've only played Witcher 3 for a few hours. I'm not fixating on anything, I just wanted some clarification instead of outright dismissal and assumptions that I know as much about the series as everyone else. So thank you for providing me with some context!

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
Ok. I havent read the books. I haven't played Witcher 1 or Witcher 2. I've only played Witcher 3 for a few hours. I'm not fixating on anything, I just wanted some clarification instead of outright dismissal and assumptions that I know as much about the series as everyone else. So thank you for providing me with some context!
Sure, you're welcome. One more thing - Holy Roman Empire is NOT Roman Empire, it is a German (mostly) state from Mid to High Middle Ages.

Sure, you're welcome. One more thing - Holy Roman Empire is NOT Roman Empire, it is a German (mostly) state from Mid to High Middle Ages.

I know, Charlemagne, Christian instead of polytheistic, etc. I'm pretty solid on my real world history, I just didn't tie it in with the game properly yet.

Why are you being such an asshole? Jesus. No one has corrected me, people have just said "lol you're wrong it's Rome" when all I've saying is that it doesn't seem crazy to see ww2 some parallels in it. I should read up on history, and my limited knowledge fills me with prejudice? All because I played a fantasy game for a few hours and thought there were a few WW2 connections. You're a real pretentious fucking dick.

Thank you for those kind words. It makes me glad to see maturity in action. In the future, I'll refrain from helping you, and I promise not to reply to another one of your comments. What I meant about the prejudice is that your lack of knowledge on older history of Europe led you straight to Nazi Germany, as if that's your only image of "evil" or empires. This is the danger of prejudice; it's often unconscious. I didn't mean anything more than that, and I even said that's it not a big deal, and so I'm unclear on why you're overreacting like a nuclear plant, but again, I won't bother you any more. I'm sorry that I made you so upset, that wasn't my intention, but please, you really must work on your communication and listening, man. You won't last long on a forum like that.

Sai

Guys.

Guys.

Love, 'kay? Love.

So. Am I missing something or am I just unlucky with this bugged quest? :(

I googled a little bit but can't find much more info on it being bugged other than you have to finish
Get Junior
first but I did that ages ago.

H0g8qrH.jpg
You don't have to finish
Get Junior
, as far as I'm aware. Go downstairs, into the sewers, and you should reach a path that with two gates opposite each other. The diagram is in a chest behind the wall in between those gates, that I think you need to find a switch on the wall for.

GeeTeeCee

I managed to get the card collector trophy through sheer luck today. I played against a couple of random merchants, both of whom I'm certain I beat previously, receiving two new cards. It then turned out that the remaining three cards I needed were all with an inkeep in Skellige who wouldn't spawn without a little encouragement (meditating a ton until he turned up).

Today was actually the first time I'd made an actual effort to complete my Gwent collection, so I'm lucky I managed to finish it in one play session.

Just finished Reason of State too, and I think I'm about ready to hurry up and finish the game now that 1.08 has fixed enough bugged quests to satisfy me. I've resigned myself to not waiting around for a patch to fix the statuette quests because I'd really like to finish this before the Phantom Pain arrives. I think I've been pretty lucky in terms of overall quest bugs, as the only ones I encountered have been in the final stretch of the game (for example I had to reload a checkpoint in Reason of State a few times today to get around some invincible enemies). I still love the game, even if I've spent the last month or so waiting on patches to fix things.

Sai

Like where? Nowhere have I seen a place to farm red mutagen.
It's kind of random, only enemies around Lv18+ seem to drop them; even Drowners.

I made a habit of saving before going against a group of Drowners, reloading it until I got 2 or 3 Lesser Red Mutagens. Kept that up until I made 4 Greater Red Mutagens.

Like where? Nowhere have I seen a place to farm red mutagen.

Do you mean in or outside of Skellige? Outside of Skellige, I think most enemies can drop it, but again it is really rare. I only got two before entering Skellige iirc, one of them was really early on in the game, luckily. In Skellige you'll find them in no time.

Sai

First Lesser Red Mutagen I picked up was from the Cockatrice(or was it a Basilisk? I forget) that guards the treasure on an island west of Novigrad.

Then I got a bunch from the Drowners by the lake south of Honeyfill Meadworks in Novigrad's countryside. There's another tougher Drowner like them that spawns by this little water hole near Drahim Castle; I think it's southeast of it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's kind of random, only enemies around Lv18+ seem to drop them; even Drowners.

I made a habit of saving before going against a group of Drowners, reloading it until I got 2 or 3 Lesser Red Mutagens. Kept that up until I made 4 Greater Red Mutagens.

First Lesser Red Mutagen I picked up was from the Cockatrice(or was it a Basilisk? I forget) that guards the treasure on an island west of Novigrad.

Then I got a bunch from the Drowners by the lake south of Honeyfill Meadworks in Novigrad's countryside. There's another tougher Drowner like them that spawns by this little water hole near Drahim Castle; I think it's southeast of it.

I would like to find some farming locations in Skellige. I am sick to death of farming those level 18 Drowners near Benek in Velen.

Szadek

My PS4 was broken.I got a new one,but my the wicther 3 save file got lost in the process.
I was pretty close to the end and it did almost all side quests,so I really don't feel like starting over.
Unless I find an easy way to get back to Act 3, I will probably just watch the rest of the game on youtube,which sucks,because I really like the game.

danthefan

I restated the game on B+BB after initially playing on normal, is it me or is the combat actually not much harder? Main difference is you don't get vitality back from meditation, but that one skill (sun and stars?) nearly accounts for that

Coreda

Hey guys. I'm thinking about picking W3 up on PC - I've got a setup with an i5-4460 + Asus GTX 760 + 8gb RAM, and want to be able to play it at 1600x900 windowed at a stable 60fps. How realistic is this goal and what sorts of graphical sacrifices would I need to make? Apologies if this has already been answered earlier in the thread, and thanks in advance :)

I'd repost in the Witcher 3 performance thread as they are likely some people there who can give you an idea. A quick search for 760 shows several who use the card, including Anteater who posted some screenshots using SweetFX AA.

Sai

I would like to find some farming locations in Skellige. I am sick to death of farming those level 18 Drowners near Benek in Velen.
Man, the place is like 90% water, so they're all over the place. :p

Off the top of my head, there's a group that spawns at Giant's Toes; northeast of Ard Skellig. By the lake south of the village Blandare, but that group may be dependent upon the completion of the treasure hunt that can be initiated by them. Then there's that ancient Siren's cave on Spikeroog's south end, and the island close to where you find the remains of the Jarl's younger brother.

There's also the cavern you go to for the Muire D'Yaeblen contract, but I'm not sure if all, or any respawn after you complete it.

Been playing Witcher 3 on X1 for the last week or so. Made it up to level 7 and am currently helping a Baron. Loving the game so far, the best one in the series by far IMO. Although, I didn't beat the first two I got extremely far and lost interest on both.

This one I believe I will finish though, that is until two days ago when I lost 3+ hours of progress because of the stupid X1 save bug. I kept trying to manually save and thought since the speed of the quests was picking up and pretty much consecutive that I just wasn't able to save on that quest. Well, I should have checked the load screen to see if anything was getting saved because it wasn't.

Anyways, that was two days ago and I am ready to do all this shit over again I guess.

Maybe this patch will miraculously save me.

Top Bottom