• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

When you find a new notice board, most of the time there is five or six pieces of paper on the board, aka new quests. How come usually my quest log only gets one or two new quests after I visit the board? Is this a bug?

Some of those quest are just notices and such. For example: Baby born. goat needed, so and so is an asshole.

Sometimes they just add points of interest on your map, which don't necessarily tie to any quest.

You should take Zoltan's or some other dwarves beard and make it work for Geralt.

What about the April's Fool DLC teaser? I want Geralt with white flowing locks to match Yen's.

CBgb4KzUgAAgNxA.png

Coreda

I've looked up hair mod discussions in the past, the idea that either it isn't white or isn't long bothers some people. It's like when people discuss why there aren't gun mods for Skyrim lol

I'd say it's on the tasteful side. What does it look like in use?

Bump for help. Nobody had this happen to him? I would really appreciate some help.

I'm sorry to say but you must delete your install and download the game again ( if you've got the game on disc , then you can just download the 1.08 patch with a fresh install afterwards, otherwise you'll need to redownload EVERYTHING ( Full game ) + patch ( wait for the full game to be downloaded ( and not just the play go portion ) and it should be fine.

Anteater

I had the same problem. I / Geralt actually got stuck in that mansion (.... dont ask) and used the fast travel command to get out of there. It broke the game because you NEED to walk out through main door for a very important cutscene to show up. Amongst those problems was that closed gate but it gets much worse...
Radovids favour never pop ups, Now or Never never did etc..
. Had to reload a save during that mission and all was fine again. Had no idea I missed out on that much.

So if you by any chance also FT'D your way out of his house instead of walking out I can already tell you that you have to reload since crucial missions will not pop up later.

Ended up on just starting all over again. Level 12 now so all is going well. Still insane lack of money though. :(

Yea now you mentioned it, I fast traveled a lot so I didn't have to run to those sign posts, might've broken it or something somewhere, the next few quests opened up fine though and I've played for quite a few hours, hope nothing else is broken, I just couldn't get Geralt new pants :(

Skellige.
Possession Mission.
Oh my...
...putting the baby in the oven, watching his father struggling so desperately.
Everything in that scene felt so rushed, rude and authentic.
Glad it ended up well.

I chose
to hand the baby back, fuck her plan lol

Nere

I'm sorry to say but you must delete your install and download the game again ( if you've got the game on disc , then you can just download the 1.08 patch with a fresh install afterwards, otherwise you'll need to redownload EVERYTHING ( Full game ) + patch ( wait for the full game to be downloaded ( and not just the play go portion ) and it should be fine.

Oh god and I have it digital. Why how do you know thats what I need to do? It happened to you to?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
just FYI,

If any of you ever run into the minor, but annoying as fuck glitch where Geralt can't dive into the water. Just save and reload and you should be able to resume diving,

Yet another of these fucking glitches that get old after a while.

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
Just started playing this game on Xbox One. I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I'm really digging the combat. I'd have to say that's my favorite part of the game. It's so smooth and silky. Also, the amount of content in the game is staggering. Just looking at the map of Velen for the first time had me appalled. There's so many icons . . .

Hoplatee

Almost ashamed to ask but I just keep on struggling with money. It feels like all of it just goes away to repais and the odd schematic / diagram (and cards but those arent that expensive so far). Should I really just vendor pretty much everything except crafting mats? Or just dismantle alot and just don't worry about money at this moment? (Lvl 12) I can't remember how expensive the Skellige fast travel guides were (started over again after I got to Skellige due console commands breaking my save(s) ) but I fear I will not even be able to buy those.

Yea now you mentioned it, I fast traveled a lot so I didn't have to run to those sign posts, might've broken it or something somewhere, the next few quests opened up fine though and I've played for quite a few hours, hope nothing else is broken, I just couldn't get Geralt new pants :(

Easy way to check how broken your game is the Triss quests. Did
A favour for Radovid (something like that (on his ship) , Now or Never, A Deadly Plot/Reason of State etc pop up?
If not, well then you are screwed

Almost ashamed to ask but I just keep on struggling with money. It feels like all of it just goes away to repais and the odd schematic / diagram (and cards but those arent that expensive so far). Should I really just vendor pretty much everything except crafting mats? Or just dismantle alot and just don't worry about money at this moment? (Lvl 12) I can't remember how expensive the Skellige fast travel guides were (started over again after I got to Skellige due console commands breaking my save(s) ) but I fear I will not even be able to buy those.

You can always use Cheat Engine, it's pretty simple to add gold and it doesn't mess anything up.

Sai

You don't really have to buy those fast travel guides.

Go exploring, check those points of interest all over the place for hidden/guarded treasures, and sell everything. Everything except Witcher gear, or the strongest of random armor 'n weapons you come across. Keep only around 10 of all your alchemical 'n crafting ingredients, except for a few rare ones you'll need for the higher level stuff later on(like dimeritium ingots and the components to make them). Sell the rest to vendors.

During my second run through the game I only ran low on cash when I decided to stock up on those extra powerful crossbow bolts that certain Blacksmiths sell. By then, I had already bought and crafted everything else I wanted though.

Hoplatee

You don't really have to buy those fast travel guides.

Go exploring, check those points of interest all over the place for hidden/guarded treasures, and sell everything. Everything except Witcher gear, or the strongest of random armor 'n weapons you come across. Keep only around 10 of all your alchemical 'n crafting ingredients, except for a few rare ones you'll need for the higher level stuff later on(like dimeritium ingots and the components to make them). Sell the rest to vendors.

During my second run through the game I only ran low on cash when I decided to stock up on those extra powerful crossbow bolts that certain Blacksmiths sell. By then, I had already bought and crafted everything else I wanted though.

Thank you :)

Mmm might check it out as long as it doesn't lock you out from achievements like CC does now (or did?)

I'm playing the GOG Galaxy version and I still got achievements after using it myself, I added a couple thousand gold towards the beginning of my playthrough to give me a little bit of a head start, even though I blew through it pretty quick.

RedSwirl

Man. CDPR did a really great job with the open world in this game. In comparison to other open world games it feels like it didn't go all the way in one general direction, but struck a nice middle ground and actually managed to get in the good points of different types of open world games.

Overall I guess it feels laid out like a Bethesda/Elder Scrolls game, but more carefully hand-crafted while simultaneously having a more natural sense of geography. Points of interest feel intelligently placed along with the mini quests that lead you to them, random ruins that contain treasure feel less like copy-pasted dungeons and more like carefully-placed secrets. At the same time though the game world doesn't feel artificially restrained by a shitload of steep mountains, instead giving you naturally rolling hills. There's are natural transitions between villages, forests, suburbs, and cities. The world of Witcher 3 almost feels like it combines the careful planning of JRPG zones with the freedom of WRPG landscapes.

teokrazia

Overall I guess it feels laid out like a Bethesda/Elder Scrolls game, but more carefully hand-crafted while simultaneously having a more natural sense of geography. Points of interest feel intelligently placed along with the mini quests that lead you to them, random ruins that contain treasure feel less like copy-pasted dungeons and more like carefully-placed secrets. At the same time though the game world doesn't feel artificially restrained by a shitload of steep mountains, instead giving you naturally rolling hills. There's are natural transitions between villages, forests, suburbs, and cities. The world of Witcher 3 almost feels like it combines the careful planning of JRPG zones with the freedom of WRPG landscapes.

Yep, definitely.
The level/world design is astonishing.

I spend alot of time wandering in search of adventures or just for the sake of it and it's really impressive how it feels crafted with so much care and, as you say, so natural. I'm over 140 hours, still discovering Skellige, and it doesn't stop: the environments are plenty of places that... feel like places, unique and coherently bound with their surroundings.

After ~124 hours I am finally done! And yet for some reason I don't have the achievement for finishing the game; I guess that retroactive achievement patch might have made things a little weird but I don't really mind.

I have no idea how many endings there are, but mine went like this:

- Ciri lived and hung out with Geralt while training to be a Witcheress.
- Radovid kept his rule and killed a bunch of innocent people (whoops, kinda totally forgot/missed the quest where you try and kill him).
- Emhyr got smoked.
- Cerys peacefully rules and unites Skellige.
- Triss and Geralt lived happily ever after in Kovir.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how things went (
aside from the whole Radovid thing, of course
) and I had a fantastic time exploring the world. All that "100 hour game" talk was no bullshit and I'm happy that it lived up to the hype. It'll be nice to have a break from the Witcher for now but I will definitely come back to it when the big DLC comes out.

Oh god and I have it digital. Why how do you know thats what I need to do? It happened to you to?

Happenned to me in other games.

as long as you don't delete your saves you'll be fine
BUt it's annoying to re-download everything i know that

it's either that or you have no space left on your hard drive.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just wanna know who was the piece of shit mutherfucker who came up with the Master marksman trophy?

I have been grinding this stupid fucking piece of shit excuse for a trophy for two and a half fucking hours. It's my final one before the platinum.

Been following the YouTube videos

All of the other trophies require between 10-20 attempts, but yet they decided to require 50 headshots. You have no way of knowing for sure if you shooting them in the head will actually register as a headshot.

Seriously fuck you and your stupid ass trophy CDPR.

Seriously did ANYBODY remotely find getting this trophy enjoyable?

Just beat it, all in all it was a pretty happy ending and one I'm satisfied with.

Personally I think that final boss fight against Eredin was sick, was pretty hype the whole time

Excellent game overall, I have no complaints other than a few buggy quests here and there. Well worth the praise it got.

I personally cannot wait to see what they do for Cyberpunk 2077.

Two Words

Is there a mod yet for turning the mini-map into a compass like Skyrim/Fallout? I absolutely HATE that I spend so much time looking at the top right corner of the screen. I just want a general direction to head in. Honestly, the best solution would have been for Witcher sense to show objective icons in-game.

Finished the main story this weekend, what an incredible ride that was, loved everything about it.
I'm now trying to reach Level 35, currently at 31, but all the secondary quests I now complete are giving me such tiny amount of XP [from 2-25] anyway to push this any quicker? surely its going to turn into a massive grind if it keeps going at this rate. Do the Witcher contracts provide decent XP?
Any advise?

Finished the main story this weekend, what an incredible ride that was, loved everything about it.
I'm now trying to reach Level 35, currently at 31, but all the secondary quests I now complete are giving me such tiny amount of XP [from 2-25] anyway to push this any quicker? surely its going to turn into a massive grind if it keeps going at this rate. Do the Witcher contracts provide decent XP?
Any advise?

If you've got any left you should try and find the abandoned villages and clear them of monsters. They give like 150+ XP per village.

teokrazia

The 'farming area' I was talking about.
I don't even know if it gives considerable advantages [not interested, the difficulty/balance is already borderline by its own and I want to keep things challenging as far as possibile], but to me it looks like something CDPR should fix:
https://youtu.be/cOFP-XdAzIc

Coreda

The 'farming area' I was talking about.
I don't even know if it gives considerable advantages [not interested, the difficulty/balance is already borderline by its own and I want to keep things challenging as far as possibile], but to me it looks like something CDPR should fix:
https://youtu.be/cOFP-XdAzIc

Lol at that mound of trolls. Looks like you had a bit of fun putting that video together. There's a cyclops on one of the isles that respawns, too.

You can contact CDPR support via the official bug reporting link here. I've done it twice so far with a quite comprehensive list and screenshots of bugs and glitches I encountered. They replied saying a number of them were forwarded to the dev team so it's worth posting I'd say.

Radec

Is it normal to not get a card from innkeepers that you have not yet played before?

Im in Novigrad and 3 inkeepers now that i beat for the first time that didn't gave me a card after beating them.

Nere

Happenned to me in other games.

as long as you don't delete your saves you'll be fine
BUt it's annoying to re-download everything i know that

it's either that or you have no space left on your hard drive.

I did what you told me and yeah it installed just fine. I didn't minded the download either since I jut let it download in sleep mode while I was too sleeping:D Thank you for your solution=)

Is it normal to not get a card from innkeepers that you have not yet played before?

Im in Novigrad and 3 inkeepers now that i beat for the first time that didn't gave me a card after beating them.

Very rare, happened to me twice. After you get all the cards from the pool, you won't get any more, but that doesn't happen until you reach Skellige.

Alpende

After ~124 hours I am finally done! And yet for some reason I don't have the achievement for finishing the game; I guess that retroactive achievement patch might have made things a little weird but I don't really mind.

I have no idea how many endings there are, but mine went like this:

- Ciri lived and hung out with Geralt while training to be a Witcheress.
- Radovid kept his rule and killed a bunch of innocent people (whoops, kinda totally forgot/missed the quest where you try and kill him).
- Emhyr got smoked.
- Cerys peacefully rules and unites Skellige.
- Triss and Geralt lived happily ever after in Kovir.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how things went (
aside from the whole Radovid thing, of course
) and I had a fantastic time exploring the world. All that "100 hour game" talk was no bullshit and I'm happy that it lived up to the hype. It'll be nice to have a break from the Witcher for now but I will definitely come back to it when the big DLC comes out.

I had the same ending as you, except with
Yennefer
instead of
Triss
, I messed up the
Radovid quest by breaking Dijkstra's leg :(

Top Bottom