• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer (CG)

Wow, that was awesome. The Witcher 3 is shaping up to be pretty special.

I really need to finish The Witcher 2. Almost finished with chapter 2.

MercuryLS

Banned
I've never played a Witcher game and I'm not really into RPGs but I'm probably going to get this. It looks like the first wrpg I've seen that does things right. I've tried to get into stuff like Skyrim and Fallout but the lack if polish and combat refinement are big turn offs. I hope W3 doesn't disappoint in these regards.

Dio

Banned
I've never played a Witcher game and I'm not really into RPGs but I'm probably going to get this. It looks like the first wrpg I've seen that does things right. I've tried to get into stuff like Skyrim and Fallout but the lack if polish and combat refinement are big turn offs. I hope W3 doesn't disappoint in these regards.
If it helps, The Witcher 2 took heavy combat inspiration from Demon's Souls, and although it had some flaws people liked it a hell of a lot more than in the first game. If they improve drastically on 2's combat, this game will be really fun!

Even if it is cg, it's for a story-heavy game so it should still give some good insight.

That last line, so pumped for this game.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Did I see VideoGamer.com "Least likely to be absolute arse" Award at the start there, :D

REV 09

Geralt is such a dull character. Needs more triss. Hope the game turns out good. Was replaying 2 and it doesn't hold up well.

woober

The cgi tells us more about their approach to storytelling than anything. I for one didn't mind that it didn't show gameplay because the Witcher series is first and foremost a game with a story to tell. It shows that CD Projeckt knows the soul of the game is about choices with consequences and that you might not like any of the choices you make. You opt for the lesser of two evils. Witcher 3 looks like there will be some brutal stories to tell and I am pumped.

REV 09

You...cannot be serious.
Old man who talks in the same tone throughout the whole game. Does stupid shit with his fingers and then his eyes glow a bit...yea. His character sucks. I still liked 2 overall, but Geralt is a drag. It's mainly how monotone he is and imo the writing isn't very good either. Even this trailer is heavy-handed.

Never finished 1 so I'm not sure if that changes anything.

Need to go change my pants.

So ready for this. I've played through The Witcher 2 about 5 times now... I'm ready for 6 or more with The Witcher 3.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not normally a huge fan of CG trailers, but CDPR always seems to get it right.

Incredible trailer - great teasing of story decisions and builds some atmosphere. Witcher 2 is probably my favorite single-player game of the "last generation," so I'm obviously very hyped for Wild Hunt.

Arozay

If it helps, The Witcher 2 took heavy combat inspiration from Dark Souls, and although it had some flaws people liked it a hell of a lot more than in the first game. If they improve drastically on 2's combat, this game will be really fun!

Ah, Dark Souls. Even inspires games it comes out after.

Dio

Banned
Ah, Dark Souls. Even inspires games it comes out after.
They said very specifically in interviews that it was inspired by the Souls games in a few aspects, but yes, that's my bad. I meant Demon's.

I still say he's wrong. Witcher 2 is straight up third person melee combat. Might as well say it was inspired by Dynasty Warriors.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/04/cd-projekt-the-witcher-2-takes-inspiration-from-demons-souls/

Yes, because you know better than CD Projekt on what inspired them.

Top Bottom