• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher devs to make a Cyberpunk 2020 game

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone know what CDR's production schedule has been like?

They finish up Witcher 2, have some folks working on patching and the enhanced edition, while the rest of the company works on ___?

I'm just wondering if Cyberpunk is further along in production than the next Witcher game. I'm guessing there's no real way to know short of them actually stating something in an interview or an announcement, so I guess this is just an open invitation to (informed?) speculation.

zkylon

zkylewd

They finish up Witcher 2, have some folks working on patching and the enhanced edition, while the rest of the company works on ___?

I'm just wondering if Cyberpunk is further along in production than the next Witcher game. I'm guessing there's no real way to know short of them actually stating something in an interview or an announcement, so I guess this is just an open invitation to (informed?) speculation.
I think I read somewhere it's being devved by a different team, so I suppose they'll be developing them side by side.

iavi

They have at least two teams. One working on Cyberpunk, one for The Witcher - probably working on 3 alongside the Mac version of 2 atm.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

GamesBeat: Is Cyberpunk going to be a PC exclusive when it first releases?

Iwinski: No, no. We are looking at Macs as well. Definitely. We come from a PC country, we are PC experts, but we wouldn’t like to limit the experience and the audience.

Interesting. It should be PC first, then ported later like TW2, but I hope that new consoles will be out by then anyways.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Andrej Sapowski day one! :) He's a brilliant writer. Sad about DRM, but I make exceptions for awesome games.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Where does Sapowski come into this?

Minke Ponski, oh yeah, nevermind, I heard Andrej Sapowski. Considering Mike is a writer and game designer, he'll be working very closely with the [cd]project.

He's been working on this for years, so it should be good.

There was a confusion with the skis, my apologies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cool, though I'm kinda disappointed it's not an almost-direct port of the the P&P game ruleset. I'm not really familiar with Cyberpunk but P&P game mechanics are usually deep and complex and I like that...

Fox318

Second concept art had an american flag in the background so I'm guessing not, unfortunately. My interest is always piqued when a game is not about americans, heh...

Then I'll just install the Poland Flag texture pack.

Its a GOG extra.

SMT

Ehr...

Uhm? He said there will be NO DRM, what's supposed to be sad about it?

I get annoyed with DRM. :) I know he said there will be no DRM, but I'm sad with the industry as a whole.

Everyone getting bombarded with DRM questions.

some people like DRM

I guess... I mean I always ask if pc games are steamable, so I must subconsciously like DRM.

I laughed when you said this, because it was an awesome defense. I'll use it next time.

Fjordson

I know CDPR has talked about it before, but the stance on DRM is pretty refreshing.

Anyways, can't wait for this game. Sounds like it's a ways off right now, wonder if we'll get screenshots or something later this year.

Sentenza

wait....the game is actually called Cyberpunk?
That's just how they are referring to the title right?

The game is actually based over the license of Cyberpunk 2020, a quite successful pen&paper RPG.
So, to recap, it's not "a cyberpunk game", it's Cyberpunk: The Game, or in other words the game about the actual Cyberpunk ruleset.

Top Bottom