• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonder Years Reboot Trailer

CGiRanger

Banned
Why would you even call it "The Wonder Years" when it likely will end up having absolutely no relation to the original whatsoever?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, we're just getting into aspie literalism now.

It's a show made by a black guy to make fun of white trash, any way you slice it, and that context makes it subversive, in my opinion. Calling it "revenge for Amos and Andy" is my characterization not a fucking quote, dude.

No, it's a show made by a television writer to make fun of the modern American family and insert a bit of bitter and scathing realism into the American family sitcom genre.

Why his being black has anything to do with it is certainly beyond me. Your focusing on the race of the writer and the characters in the show and portraying it as a tale of a black guy getting his "revenge" against white America is pretty lame, and without evidence, is potentially misrepresenting and even slandering Moye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peggies

Gold Member
It's a show made by a black guy to make fun of white trash, any way you slice it, and that context makes it subversive, in my opinion.
high quality GIF

Top Bottom