• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Japanese Website Opens (New Footage/Artwork/Details)

KrawlMan

The thing is, there IS multiplayer and it is off-line. Who knows the reason why they left online out? I'm just saying that it is STUPID to want every game to have online nowadays and deducting points because of that, even if it would theoretically make the game longer. Even though the game we are talking about here is probably designed around replayability of the main campaign itself.

There are more more things to consider, like server structure and deadlines when deciding if the game should have an online multiplayer or not. It is no just swinging a wand around and saying some magic words and... DONE! Online for you. Will last only until midnight, though.

And... as far as I can see I would watch Pretty Woman again if it had more explosions, or if Julia Roberts would steal a car and run away from the police causing loads of subsequent car crashes and making Los Angeles transit a chaos. She could even somehow end up making her car crash against a helicopter while jumping out of the car in the last minute. I would watch the movie a 100 times only to see that over and over again. But because it doesn't I won't watch it again. If feels lazy that the writers left such important scenes of classic American cinema out of this movie when they already had all the cameras and the actors and stuff in place to shot those scenes. It is like they weren't even trying. I'll give it 3.5 out of 5 stars because of that.

I think overall game reviewers need to grow up.

While I understand and agree that deducting points for lack of online is stupid, the current state of online gaming on Wii U is frustrating and that frustrating keeps building. Nintendo Land wasnt online, NSMBU wasn't, Pikmin 3 isn't, Wonderful 101 isn't and neither are Donkey Kong and SM3DWorld (despite all of them having solid local multiplayer whether coop or vs). I'm not saying they all should be online, but you would think that they might attempt it given how the rest of the industry tries. It certainly would go a long way for making my friends want Mario 3D World if they knew we could all play it online together.

The Wii U, despite some significant advancements in how their online works, still feels largely "offline".

Jonboy

New screens? SIAP.

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/tw101/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/green_1.jpg

green_2.jpg

551.jpg

561.jpg

571.jpg

unite_gun1.jpg

70.jpg

73.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

67.jpg

72.jpg

68.jpg

74.jpg

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/tw101/archives/1117/

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Lol

I like how he has so many different foods in his hand in his speech bubble pictures

Probably gets a different snack for each level which is a pretty funny detail

Two more confirmed voice actors:

Wonder Green, Le Sniper Superieur: Kari Wahlgren
Wonder Pink, The Queen of Rage: Tara Strong

I feel people will be more excited for Strong (especially with her role) than Wahlgren, but it's the opposite for me. As a huge anime fan who prefers watching English dubs I've heard Wahlgren often. The role I'll always associate with her is Saya Otonashi from Blood+, but for most she'd be more familiar as Fuu from Samurai Champloo and Haruko from FLCL.

Wonder Green looks hilarious by holding those different types of food but the trailer everyone has to see is Wonder Pink.

As her epitaph, The Queen of Rage suggests, she can become quite angry as evident in the trailer. I love her mannerisms as this high-maintenance girl in civilian clothes. Also it looks like we can see where the suggestive themes in the ESRB ratings come from. She definitely has some Bayonetta vibes.

Her name appears to be Mariana Francesco as heard in the trailer. This suggests she is Italian and not Russian like I thought (I can hear the dub english-dub accent being Italian). If that's the case I'm now very confident that Wonder Yellow with his hammer and cap is Russian. Wonder White is confirmed to be Japanese. I'm going to guess Wonder Black (this is Power Rangers) is from an African country instead of America because of the colored beads in his braids and the red dot on his forehead (which is more often seen as an Indian thing but could have a similar significance here).

That leaves us with two Americans, two Western Europeans, one Eastern European, one East Asian and possibly one African for our main seven Wonderful Ones. It's a shame there aren't South American and South Asian main heroes, as those would allow a better representation of the world to be present among the main group of characters.

Still this doesn't detract from the game at all as it's the characters that matter and not their nationalities and I love the characters revealed so far. Hopefully if a sequel does get made South America and South Asia will get representatives amongst the main characters.

Effect

I wish they would push up the North American release for Wonderful 101 a week or two just be safe. This game should do well from what I'm seeing but it's going to be hurt by GTA V even if the two shouldn't be compared.

thefro

Her name appears to be Mariana Francesco as heard in the trailer. This suggests she is Italian and not Russian like I thought (I can hear the dub english-dub accent being Italian).

She's Romanian. Her ID card lists her as being from Transylvania. Hence the
vampire fangs
when she gets enraged.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Two more confirmed voice actors:

Wonder Green, Le Sniper Superieur: Kari Wahlgren
Wonder Pink, The Queen of Rage: Tara Strong

I feel people will be more excited for Strong (especially with her role) than Wahlgren, but it's the opposite for me. As a huge anime fan who prefers watching English dubs I've heard Wahlgren often. The role I'll always associate with her is Saya Otonashi from Blood+, but for most she'd be more familiar as Fuu from Samurai Champloo and Haruko from FLCL.

Wonder Green looks hilarious by holding those different types of food but the trailer everyone has to see is Wonder Pink.

As her epitaph, The Queen of Rage suggests, she can become quite angry as evident in the trailer. I love her mannerisms as this high-maintenance girl in civilian clothes. Also it looks like we can see where the suggestive themes in the ESRB ratings come from. She definitely has some Bayonetta vibes.

Her name appears to be Mariana Francesco as heard in the trailer. This suggests she is Italian and not Russian like I thought (I can hear the dub english-dub accent being Italian). If that's the case I'm now very confident that Wonder Yellow with his hammer and cap is Russian. Wonder White is confirmed to be Japanese. I'm going to guess Wonder Black (this is Power Rangers) is from an African country instead of America because of the colored beads in his braids and the red dot on his forehead (which is more often seen as an Indian thing but could have a similar significance here).

That leaves us with two Americans, two Western Europeans, one Eastern European, one East Asian and possibly one African for our main seven Wonderful Ones. It's a shame there aren't South American and South Asian main heroes, as those would allow a better representation of the world to be present among the main group of characters.

Still this doesn't detract from the game at all as it's the characters that matter and not their nationalities and I love the characters revealed so far. Hopefully if a sequel does get made South America and South Asia will get representatives amongst the main characters.

OMG, she's Haruko? That is honestly one of the worst butcherings of an incredible character by an American voice actor that I can think of. Pretty much just gonna be sticking to the Japanese audio track for this, methinks.

Subaru

I didn't understand a word that Wonder Green said ahhaha. Luckly we will have some subtitles =)

Oh, and I'm in love with Wonder Green! He is so stubborn!

TDLink

That blog post confirms that it is Wonder Black. Good. I am glad they didn't do something stupid like localise it to "Wonder Dark."

OMG, she's Haruko? That is honestly one of the worst butcherings of an incredible character by an American voice actor that I can think of. Pretty much just gonna be sticking to the Japanese audio track for this, methinks.

How dare you sir! Surprisingly I've find Fooly Cooly to have one of the few dubs that people who prefer subs still enjoy.

Frodo

This game, man... This game...

I thinking about starting a media black out from now on, though. I'm digging all those nice details that surface but I think I want to experience them while playing the game. It is not that far away, anyway.

JDSN

Banned
I wish they would push up the North American release for Wonderful 101 a week or two just be safe. This game should do well from what I'm seeing but it's going to be hurt by GTA V even if the two shouldn't be compared.
People in general buy more games next to big releases, it could actually help to place it next to GTA if there's proper advertising behind it.

Now Rayman, that one will get steamrolled.

69wpm

Next week...on the web... RT @johnnyjones227: WONDER-ing where's that #TW101 nintendo direct»?

So.. next week, huh. Can't wait for the ND, I hope we get to see some new areas that are not in town.

kunonabi

belmont alloy? transylvania field office? absolutely priceless.

whip doesn't seem quite as exciting as the other weapons but i'm sure i'll dig it once i get to tool around with it.

Riki

Chosen to go to the Olympics in gymnastics while still in high school, Wonder-Pink is by far the most flexible and agile of any Wonderful One. She matches this with an advanced proficiency in melee weaponry, specifically with her Beautiful Whip, knit from a next-gen stay-press alloy “Belmont alloy,” for which she is unrivaled.

This is amazing.

Top Bottom