• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6n92w7bQ

zlCfzRGa-ecaalMfsK

zlCfzRGa-ecaalMfsK

Miiverse will be awesome with this.

Dang0

Found a secret in the first level.

Immediately after where the demo ended, jump off the bridge you lower into the river and you'll find some guys and a new unite morph.

Regiruler

For things in spoiler text, can people please mark what kind of spoiler it is? For example, I have no problem with secret spoilers but I don't want the remainder of the story spoiled.
EDIT: The above post is fine in how it makes it obvious.

I think I'm being thick again, but this time it's gameplay related

1-C -
I've just killed the first head and now it's highlighting it to build in the eye, but whenever I put all of my friends in... nothing happens. If I just hit A it brings out my combined weapon and they all leave it. I've been trying this for 10 mins now and I'm out ideas?

I looked on Youtube and this guy had the same problem and didn't know how he did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RzY3X9G-w

Help? Haha.

JCH!

Went to five shops (two GAMEs, Mediamarkt, Carrefour and El Corte Inglés) today looking for this game. Not one of them had received any copies.

Sad times :(

Sadist

Immediately after where the demo ended, jump off the bridge you lower into the river and you'll find some guys and a new unite morph.
Yeah, came acros this one as well. Was kinda weird though, I thought it was a bug which made me fall through the floor.

Don't forget to stuff your Wonderful peeps into the yellow pipes for Geathjerks classified infos.
Other ones have different stuff I believe.

Kouriozan

I think I'm being thick again, but this time it's gameplay related

1-C -
I've just killed the first head and now it's highlighting it to build in the eye, but whenever I put all of my friends in... nothing happens. If I just hit A it brings out my combined weapon and they all leave it. I've been trying this for 10 mins now and I'm out ideas?

I looked on Youtube and this guy had the same problem and didn't know how he did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RzY3X9G-w

Help? Haha.

I had the same problem, managed to somehow do it by going near the thing (like you want to enter it) and making sure everyone was in it.
Same thing about the very last unite morph in this mission.

Everyone is in it for sure, nobody is lying around with a star. I've rubbed up against it, tried to jump, hit A... nothing will activate it.

XDDX

Everyone is in it for sure, nobody is lying around with a star. I've rubbed up against it, tried to jump, hit A... nothing will activate it.
Sometimes there's one person stuck behind you or stuck somewhere, so just move your character around a bit while still holding the right stick and it should work.

javac

My Flubit copy arrived today. Came from The Hut. But everyone's hogging the damn TV. Maybe tomorrow... or the day after :(

Sometimes there's one person stuck behind you or stuck somewhere, so just move your character around a bit while still holding the right stick and it should work.

There's nobody, as far as I can tell. I've ran around everywhere and it's just me.

Does it matter my number is only 97 or something? :\

This was a really cool boss and it's taken the wind out of my sails completely. Such a shame.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh lord, I'm rubbish! :D bronze league hero. Even some consolation prizes! Feels like laddering SC2 for the first time. This game needs some studying and a lot of practise, that's for shure. Slowly beginning to learn the basics at least, will have to watch some vids to really understand the combo system I guess.

Playing on normal, never touched the demo. Using the stick for liners.

Good times!

NeoRausch

OK, im stupid!

in level 001-b (at the end):
what do I do against that giant turret while stand-in on the roof? shooting it with the pistol raises my combo meter nothing more.... and i caaaaaan't handle the bazooka for shit...

Make sure you go in last. It's poorly explained. Don't go near it before everyone is in or they will come out again.

Everyone is in and stays in, but then nothing happens.

I don't know if the game is just really picky (since a poster here and that YT vid guy had the same problem) or if I've encountered a glitch.

CoolS

OK, im stupid!

in level 001-b (at the end):
what do I do against that giant turret while stand-in on the roof? shooting it with the pistol raises my combo meter nothing more.... and i caaaaaan't handle the bazooka for shit...
suck up the spiky balla with the gun morph and shoot it at the turret.

Sendou

Anyone else had a problem drawing a long enough line with the stylus? Had to use the right stick for this section and have been converted since lol, I'm guessing you have to though, only way too make the incredibly long sword lol

Yeah couldn't do it with the touch screen.

I think you might need 100 members judging from the lets play video.

Well that's stupid, I only had 97 and the game isn't giving me more.

It's turned off for the night. Talk about going from huge enjoyment to utter frustration. Totally ruined the end of my session with the game as it was winning me over. Now I have to do that 25 minutes all over again tomorrow and hope I have enough members for the stupid thing to trigger.

javac

Off-tv play is your friend. ;)

I'm really finicky about wanting to see the games on my beautiful led TV :$

I played NSMB U on the Gamepad to completion but that's mainly because I can't play sideScrollers on the TV. This however, I need to see it in its full glory T_T

You guys will have to go on without me! :(

This was a really cool boss and it's taken the wind out of my sails completely. Such a shame.

I foresee a lot of issues with that unite build moment as more people pick up the game, it had me flummoxed as well.
In general the game is likely to bring a lot of questions to this thread as it goes on, it's not obtuse of anything but I guess it's a bit unclear at times.

Speaking of bosses, the boss stages in this game are something else, you've got the crazy set pieces and QTE moments held together by balls to the wall awesome boss brawling, i'm beginning to look forward to these more than the standard stages.

I foresee a lot of issues with that unite build moment as more people pick up the game, it had me flummoxed as well.
In general the game is likely to bring a lot of questions to this thread as it goes on, it's not obtuse of anything but I guess it's a bit unclear at times.

I would say it's entirely obtuse in that instance. It lets me reach that point with 97, doesn't work, but gives me no indication why whatsoever and then doesn't provide any more members.

Awful game design. It's a game over without telling me. It's actually made me mad.

Any recent youtube videos of people showcasing how responsive the controls are with the touch screen? I found one but it didn't show the Gamepad.

Okay so I just went back and did the boss because I realised I might lose all motivation to play the game again if I waited until tomorrow.

This time I got 100 heroes (not sure how it was possible not to last time) and it activated fine.

So, the game allowed me to enter a part of the game where you seemingly need 100 without that many, didn't inform me of what was wrong and it was seemingly impossible to get another three members to ever trigger it. I could have been on that section playing and retrying for hours without it EVER being possible of completing.

Since I'm past that section now I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt that it was a freak accident that I got there without 100, but I really hope this isn't an example of game design flaws that I could encounter going further on with the game. It's absolutely unacceptable if there's more situations like that. No excuses for it.

Okay so I just went back and did the boss because I realised I might lose all motivation to play the game again if I waited until tomorrow.

This time I got 100 heroes (not sure how it was possible not to last time) and it activated fine.

So, the game allowed me to enter a part of the game where you seemingly need 100 without that many, didn't inform me of what was wrong and it was seemingly impossible to get another three members to ever trigger it. I could have been on that section playing and retrying for hours without it EVER being possible of completing.

Since I'm past that section now I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt that it was a freak accident that I got there without 100, but I really hope this isn't an example of game design flaws that I could encounter going further on with the game. It's absolutely unacceptable if there's more situations like that. No excuses for it.
Is this about the early
3 headed dragon
boss? You can actually get more citizens
for your unite build by making the last head throw up I think by reflecting the blue laser at it.
But yeah that bit was a bit fussy (and so is another upcoming "QTE" part...).

I am really enjoying this game though, but it is a shame that the frame rate isn't a consistant 60. Needs even more polish!

Shahadan

I would say it's entirely obtuse in that instance. It lets me reach that point with 97, doesn't work, but gives me no indication why whatsoever and then doesn't provide any more members.

Awful game design. It's a game over without telling me. It's actually made me mad.

You don't need 100 or whatever ffs, you just can't do it properly for some reason. A few people on miiverse couldn't do it at first either.

how many hours have some of you guys been playing for now?

I don't want Japan to beat you guys at finding the Wonder Director or other things

play more EU!

damn you NOA

You don't need 100 or whatever ffs, you just can't do it properly for some reason. A few people on miiverse couldn't do it at first either.

Well when I reloaded I did it fine first time, and I did the transform bit in the later part of the boss first time, so there was something up.

I know it wasn't me at fault, because I did nothing different.

Might be a dumb Qs but has anyone figured out a way to get to the top of the building that's on fire? The one you need to make a bridge to cross to in level 1?

haikira

Went to pick this up today, but none of my local stores got it in, so I've ordered it on Amazon. Was very tempted to get it on the digital store, especially since it's a surprisingly ok price. But i want to keep my collection consistent.

Anyone have any videos teaching some of the mechanics? I know it's fun to learn some of the stuff for yourself, but brushing up before going in to Metal Gear Rising didn't spoil any of my fun. =D

Went to pick this up today, but none of my local stores got it in, so I've ordered it on Amazon.

Anyone have any videos teaching some of the mechanics? I know it's fun to learn some of the stuff for yourself, but brushing up before going in to Metal Gear Rising didn't spoil any of my fun. =D
Watch the Nintendo Direct specifically made for the game, should be in the OP.

I'm guessing Unite Rocket but I haven't tested it yet
Apparently that's the solution gonna try and get the points to buy Unite Rocket.

Top Bottom