• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

jepense

Downloaded last night but haven't had time to boot it up yet. I really enjoyed the demo so I'm looking forward to it.

Wonder Red is immune to fire as long as his morph is active. All it takes is a carefully timed double jump.

I can't believe its that simple.
I tried everything i could think of at this section, the glider, the football helmet,
every path. i assumed it would need the unite rocket.

Does it matter my number is only 97 or something? :\
This was a really cool boss and it's taken the wind out of my sails completely. Such a shame.

This action needed to be explained in the section beforehand where you ride the elevator.
It's never explained how to do it properly, and a lot of people will struggle.
you need to hold down the right stick in the direction of the missing object,
don't let go until all your people are inside, you don't need 100.
just hold it down until they are all in, and whilst holding down the right stick walk inside.

The game is amazing, but will be much more enjoyable a second time round.
I think it just needed a little extra polish in terms of explaining things.
you don't have to explain everything but some key moves need to be taught,
especially as this isn't something anyone will have done before in a game.
That particular move should have been explained at the elevator section.

None of the controls are broken, the game just doesn't explain everything to you.
Which in my opinion would be fine usually,
it's just that this game is so crazy and fast paced, it asks people to figure things out amongst falling buildings,
flashing lights, and constant attacks.
Things which this day and age, would have been explained fully in a lengthy tutorial.
A lot of people will not appreciate this, and will jump to the conclusion that the game is either broken, or something went wrong.

wsippel

Banned
I can't believe its that simple.
I tried everything i could think of at this section, the glider, the football helmet,
every path. i assumed it would need the unite rocket.
Yeah, the whole immunity and elemental system isn't properly explained until later in the game. Those are the ones I've seen so far: Red is immune to fire, Blue is immune to electricity, and Yellow is immune to airstrikes.

D-e-f-

Banned
Holy shit since when can you join both a drawing and a screenshot in a Miiverse post? I didn't even know ._.

Err since day 1?

example:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAC8UKEHn8kpCg

Post I made on December 1, 2012. Trine 2 screenshot, random scribbling.

How did you not know this? :)

Now that I've settled on a new avatar, is there anyone willing to wonder-ize it? I apologize for any trouble I may have caused you.

101zavokfksfj.jpg

This game has actually made QTEs super fun for once, go figure. Like, the QTEs take skill if you want to earn the most O-Parts, they give you a huge lot if you succeed during the boss segments and the things that happen in the cutscenes are just great. Also, I solved a pretty hardcore optional puzzle by exploring and trying different stuff during 4-1. Felt so good. Still loving this game, even more now that I've learned to manage off-screen play (I just bought my Wii U the day before getting this game, so it's still new to me).

Guys you will love and some will probably hate Operation 5 :p. And there is an returning enemy which is probably in most games of p*.

Just did the first stage of this one, exactly the enemy I expected having read this post this morning.
Don't think i've reached the potentially opinion dividing section yet though.

It's a slight shame that when it comes to cutscenes Red, Blue, Green and Pink are the only ones who frequently talk while the other three just sort of twiddle their thumbs.

LAA

Anyone finding this game very hard?
I'm up to the part
where you go inside Prince Vorkken
, but previously to that, I've just been fighting for every inch, really. I'm mostly getting high medals in combos, but for the time, I always stink. Its mostly below bronze lately.
Anyone has have any tips?

JoeInky

Just got it.

Did anyone else keep switching the difficulties to get him to say "very normal" or am I the only one simple enough to be amused by it?

Shahadan

I'm up to the part
, but previously to that, I've just been fighting for every inch, really. I'm mostly getting high medals in combos, but for the time, I always stink. Its mostly below bronze lately.

Abuse Multiple Morphs? Dodge often. I also kinda abused Wonder Black while multiple morphs did the job for me.

Dang0

In the
undersea lab in mission 4,
is it just me or did that music remind anyone else of Space Cruiser Yamato?

I'm up to the part

It´s hard yes, but if you use combos right, there shouldn´t be a problem on normal difficulty. According to many playthrough videos some people don´t use combos at all. Just start with the sword - take your time, draw the line with the stick and press x. repeat. repeat. than go in with a.

Just a few tips for dealing with larger enemies.

- Dodge / parry a lot. run around. The lasers can be deflected by the sword, fire by the hand and rockets from above by the hammer.
- slow them down with group attack and "mark" them (they will have a ring around them while marked)
- now you can get to a safe distance and wait for a hole in their defense - while marked your next unite morph will transfer you right to the enemy. Perfect to start a powerful combo.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
VoxelArcade Review:
http://voxelarcade.com/reviews/wonderful-101-review/
If you are a Wii U owner looking for the perfect companion to the system’s best game, Pikmin 3, then this is it. A superb realisation  of an incredibly cool concept, The Wonderful 101 is a joyous celebration of everything we used to love about gaming and ranks up there with Platinum’s best, and I would hope the sales reflect this, as it is all Platinum deserve.

Alrus

Well I bought the game, now I just need a Wii U.

Anecdotal evidence but it was almost sold out at the local MediaMarkt (one copy left after mine), they probably only ordered like 5 copies though. (the Wii U display was depressing...)

D-e-f-

Banned
Well I bought the game, now I just need a Wii U.

Anecdotal evidence but it was almost sold out at the local MediaMarkt (one copy left after mine), they probably only ordered like 5 copies though. (the Wii U display was depressing...)

if only people knew what they were missing :(

Frodo

OMG, these boss fights! OMG OMG OMG

I love those over the top set pieces. Love how it goes well with the game's humour. Ad I'm only at the beginning. <3

CoolS

OMG, these boss fights! OMG OMG OMG

I love those over the top set pieces. Love how it goes well with the game's humour. Ad I'm only at the beginning. <3

The thing is, I thought the boss in the stadium was a boss fight and I really liked it.

I HAD NO IDEA! The real bossfight was so much better :D

The only thing I really notice with this game are the jaggies. For some reason they are a lot more apparent then with other WiiU games :/ Game still looks amazing, especially the BIG enemies.

The only thing I really notice with this game are the jaggies. For some reason they are a lot more apparent then with other WiiU games :/ Game still looks amazing, especially the BIG enemies.

Strange. Exact opposite for me. One of the games with the best IQ i have seen so far. On every platform.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Downloaded my copy yesterday, but I got a chance to play it just now. I played the demo enough to get a grip, but not too much because I wanted to keep more for the game itself. God, this game is gorgeous, great, fun, confusing, tension inducing, stressful and wonderful. I got my butt kicked a little bit and I am smiling now. How the hell is this possible? But what a feeling when you get a block, stinger & multimorph combination. I have to practice more.

69wpm

I just read on Miiverse you can see through the masks of the heroes, if you press ZR during cutscenes.

This game must be full of hidden stuff like this, I can't wait to get my copy.

I was thinking it is strange, since all the screens and trailers of this game look really clean. It's quite bad for me though. Why? :(

No idea. Wrong settings on your Wii U? Wrong TV? I am playing on an old 720p HDTV. I guess i can wait some time for true 1080p support. :D

I just read on Miiverse you can see through the masks of the heroes, if you press ZR during cutscenes.

This game must be full of hidden stuff like this, I can't wait to get my copy.

Try pressing L/R ;)

I was thinking it is strange, since all the screens and trailers of this game look really clean. It's quite bad for me though. Why? :(

are you running in 720 or 1080?

pikmin 3 was fine for me in 1080,
but this game is a little rough around the edges,
i bumped the sharpness down a lot and now its fine.

Platinium made a really fun game. Although I can totally see what the reviewers meant with the game not being the best at figuring out what I'm drawing. I had a lot of issues with it thinking I was doing the whip drawing while trying to do the gun.

And man the boss fights and action sequences are not that much fun. Definitely not the best part of the game.

Lyonaz

And man the boss fights and action sequences are not that much fun. Definitely not the best part of the game.

Hmmm, I think they're the best part, problem is only when you don't know how to damage the boss it gets stupid. The game does need to be more transparent about it's mechanics.

CoolS

Platinium made a really fun game. Although I can totally see what the reviewers meant with the game not being the best at figuring out what I'm drawing. I had a lot of issues with it thinking I was doing the whip drawing while trying to do the gun.

What? Granted I only played the first operation yet, but the first boss was by far the most fun part yet.

Not surprised at all that most here love the game.

I hadn't played a Platinum Games' title in a long time and a few minutes into the demo, I was blown away.

Not that they are competing but I see for me this being better than Bayonetta 2.

I'm going to love playing them both though.

Top Bottom