• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix (iPhone/iPad) announced [Out Now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

It looks better in motion than in stills, that's for sure.

I'm not going to buy it though. Slightly better graphics don't cut it for me, when I've already played the game more than enough. I really hoped for some new content.

The game looks nice. Save for them no redoing the art on those tutorial pins. And I'm assuming try also didn't redo any of the art on any pin you pick up from battle. That's just lazy :/

I don't like the new combat. The two screen combat was my favorite part of the original game. Having your partner reduced to another psych basically, it completely removes what made the original game appealing to me in the first place. I loved the multitasking and the skill it took to essentially pay attention to two separate battle at once. It was an interesting fun and rewarding dynamic. This looks like its completely sucking tags part of the game out entirely.
I don't think I'll be picking this up.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
wY6EP.gif

Fuck you Square!

Skilletor

I hated dual screen combat. It was my least favorite part of the game.

I'm tempted to try this version out, but I'm not willing to spend 20 bucks on it when I can just play the DS version...hmmm.

I would have bought a number of SE apps on my idevices if they priced them half decent.

Whhy not make them universal if most are incredibly big? I bought FFT before the they released the iPad version, and I only own an iPad. I had given up on it, then BAM.

Imagine my saltiness.

Dingotech

Whhy not make them universal if most are incredibly big? I bought FFT before the they released the iPad version, and I only own an iPad. I had given up on it, then BAM.

Imagine my saltiness.

Yeah that would annoy me as well.

I really only play games on my iPhone, the wife however likes to play games on the iPad we own. So it would probably annoy me as well given I would need to buy the game twice!

Jonnyram

Angry DS fans trolling iOS release? What's the be surprised about.
I loved the DS game though, and so wasted no time buying this.
Looks like I won't be able to download it until tonight though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm not a fan of iOS ports, but I won't hate on it just to hate. Honestly, my only problem is that you miss the whole point of the gameplay with only one screen. I can't recommend this port to anyone who already has a DS for that reason only. If iOS is the only platform available to you however, then god dammit buy TWEWY now.

Vibed

Despite how much I wish this didn't exist, I want to try it. You know, to at least see how it turned out.

>.>

colinp

Banned
I picked it up from the Japanese app store and it's fantastic. Looks beautiful on my 4S and still really enjoying the combat despite the lack of a second screen.

I forgot how great this game is- damn. Really love the style even though I am not particularly fond of hip hop or Shibuya, hah!

I picked it up from the Japanese app store and it's fantastic. Looks beautiful on my 4S and still really enjoying the combat.

I forgot how great this game is, damn.

Does it play in English if you have your device set to English? (or is there a setting somewhere in the options?)

I'd like to play it in Japanese, but would rather get it for cheaper from the US store if possible.

colinp

Banned
Does it play in English if you have your device set to English? (or is there a setting somewhere in the options?)

I'd like to play it in Japanese, but would rather get it for cheaper from the US store if possible.

Yeah, plays in English with the device set to English. Don't see a language control option anywhere.

GeekyDad

How do they have the balls to make it $20 and have separate apps for iPhone and iPad?

One left nut, one right one?

Nah, it is fucking crazy. This type of software is absolutely worth what they're asking, but they should put some effort into conforming to the platform. If they want to make pricier software the norm, they have to make the value match up.

raven777

yea I think all versions include japanese and english. If you set your iphone/ipad's language to Japanese than it plays Japanese, the rest English

Goli

Pikma

Banned
You know what's the worse from this? that it actually worked and this crap got more exposure thanks to that countdown site, if this had been announced through a simple PR nobody would have given a shit about it.

You know what's the worse from this? that it actually worked and this crap got more exposure thanks to that countdown site, if this had been announced through a simple PR nobody would have given a shit about it.

people get angry when a game doesn't get promoted, people get angry when a game they don't care about gets promoted.

Pikma

Banned
people get angry when a game doesn't get promoted, people get angry when a game they don't care about gets promoted.

But people hyped this, it spread like wildfire because many people thought something would came out from this, if instead, we received this out from nowhere it would have been a "nothing to see here" kind of deal, people, angry or not, talked about this, and we just promoted their.... thing.

Okay that looks really good, but damn screen is so small. I think I'll stick to my DS copy(played on 3ds XL) once it gets here.

Do it, it looks awesome, both stretched and on 1:1 mode.

It's almost like Square-Enix is a business or something....

You can't blame anyone but yourself (or god) for your hype. To them this is in fact a big deal and as a business this was a good way to promote it's release since you can't run commercials for IOS games and Apple probably wasn't going to hype it up either. So you hype it up via countdowns. Getting it's name out there.

I'm not happy about this shit either as I don't find playing games on my Iphone that fun BUT I 'm also not gonna blame them for Hyping this up....

It's kinda their job.

From now on expect IOS, Facebook, mobile games when there are countdown sites. Most games are revealed via tradeshows, famitsu, gameinformer and the likes. it seems.

Hype Trains only lead to pain.

duckroll

Isn't that a good thing? Sounds like successful marketing to me. Now more people know about TWEWY!

ZeroAKA

I told myself I wouldn't buy this, but I wasn't able to resist in the end. Anything for a sequel, I guess.

Please don't make a mobile/browser sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom