• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The X-Files S10 |OT| The Truth Is Still Out There - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Chris Carter isn't writing all the episodes.

They really should open up the pocket book for a couple of guest writers. The original series attracted people like Stephen King and William Gibson. Those episodes weren't that great though.

jstripes

Banned
They really should open up the pocket book for a couple of guest writers. The original series attracted people like Stephen King and William Gibson. Those episodes weren't that great though.

Edgar Wright and/or Simon Pegg.

Do it.

Mulder: "You ever hear of a shortcut?"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If they keep making them, I'll keep watching them. Lotta butthurt fanboys out there that can't cope with a couple of the new episodes being not so good, but even at its worst I still had fun watching them. I just wish they hadn't split up Fox and Dana so much.

Cranster

Banned
If they keep making them, I'll keep watching them. Lotta butthurt fanboys out there that can't cope with a couple of the new episodes being not so good, but even at its worst I still had fun watching them. I just wish they hadn't split up Fox and Dana so much.
I didn't find them to be bad per-say, however the half attempt at
retconning the alien colonization conspiracy
doesn't add up. Hopefully that was just an attempt by CSM to cover up the fact that
the invasion was simply delayed.

jstripes

Banned
I loved the mushroom episode that everyone seems to hate.

Everyone who wants grim and serious X-Files seems to forget the original run had plenty of light-hearted episodes.

I didn't find them to be bad per-say, however the half attempt at
retconning the alien colonization conspiracy
doesn't add up. Hopefully that was just an attempt by CSM to cover up the fact that
the invasion was simply delayed.
The
alien retcon
could have been alright if they didn't do it within the course of 45 minutes.

Show's off the air for 10+ years, it comes back, first episode...
"Everything that ever happened is a lie!"

Also, Mulder and Sculley going from being a tired recluse and a surgeon who want nothing to do with the FBI one episode to being active FBI agents on an investigation the very next episode was kind of abrupt.

Loved Season 10, but ya, there were a few issues.

Setzer

I really didn't care for the ones Chris Carter wrote(1, 5 & 6) and not a big fan of the new story arc. I thought the other 3 episodes were really good, with "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster" being one of my all-time favorites of the series.

I'm definitely on board for another season. It's great to have this show back!

Hex

Banned
I had quibbles with the event season, it felt very cheap with cgi backdrops and alot less location shots which left everything feeling smaller.
That being said, I will take it with the quibbles over most other things out there any day.
As long as there is an X-Files I will be tuned in day one.

RPGCrazied

Good news its pretty much coming back, I just wish for longer seasons. But to get another season is a miracle anyway, even if the ratings were strong.

I've almost collected the entire series on bluray with the movies, missing season 9!

Lotta butthurt fanboys out there that can't cope with a couple of the new episodes being not so good, but even at its worst I still had fun watching them.

Who are the fanboys, the people lambasting the garbage Chris Carter has been churning out or the people defending a show to the bitter end regardless of how bad it gets?

I'm glad we're getting more episodes but I have zero hope for Carter penned ones.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
How about we get Vince to write some episodes.
Should have just rebooted it with Vince in charge. New agents, with Mulder as a new derp throat esque character and scully as a skinner type.

Edit: lol auto correct, derp throat? Leaving it.

Edit 2: If they still think it would have been a lot better with my take earlier in the thread:
sc0la said:
I think the "twist" in the mythology would be more compelling if the simply said the syndicate or like groups around the world were successful in stopping colonization, but in the process became bent on power and control using the stolen alien technology. Leaves known material intact and still allows the new setup.
Can even still retcon the grays as benevolent and the oil as malevolent if you want.

Basically man became so successful at adapting the alien tech, hybridization, and global conspircy in an effort to fight colonization, that it became its own conquering force. The power corrupted.

But if they make more I'll watch it lol

inm8num2

Hopefully Chris Carter isn't writing any the episodes.

Fixed. I like the guy and will always admire him for creating this show, but the premiere and finale from this past season were pretty bad.

I guess Vince Gilligan is busy with Better Call Saul but it would be cool to see him write an episode or just brainstorm some story beats with the other writers/producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom