• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The X-Files Season 11: First Look (New Images)

Cranster

Banned
The X-Files has endured for almost 25 years, and the truth is still out there for at least 10 more episodes. The X-Files Season 11 will arrive in 2018 and the fact that they're offering fans a larger episode count than we got with Season 10, which only had six episodes, is a good sign. We're keeping track of all the latest news, interviews, social media posts, and alien sightings for the new season right here!

x-files-season-11-2.png

x-files-season-11-3.png

x-files-season-11.png

Barbara Hershey (Damien, Once Upon A Time) will have a recurring role in season 11, according to Deadline. Hershey will play "a powerful figure who represents a mysterious organization."

Young Mulder and Scully are back! Agents Miller and Einstein will appear in season 11.

Deadline confirmed that Mitch Pileggi, who's played assistant director of the FBI Walter Skinner since season 2, will return for season 11. He, of course, joins David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who will reprise their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes) confirmed she'll be appearing in season 11.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...k-images-potential-release-date-cast-and-more

Slime

Banned
Just give us a bunch of fun standalone episodes and, at most, re-mystify the mythology before never talking about it again.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anderson had shared a photo of Brian Huskey on set, alongside Darin Morgan.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wish Robert Patrick would at least make an appearance, but if it's not to be...

edit: apparently he's open to it, but hadn't been contacted (or is fibbing) as of early August.

Ristifer

I'm excited. I found the MOTW episodes in S10 to be pretty awesome fun, especially the Were-Monster. So, bring on more.

Wow didn’t know this was already filming, thought it might be stuck in limbo for a while longer.

If we get another episode as good as the were-monster one from last season I’ll be happy.

Kevin

Wish Robert Patrick would at least make an appearance, but if it's not to be...

edit: apparently he's open to it, but hadn't been contacted (or is fibbing) as of early August.

I would have guessed that by early August they would have finished writing the scripts and he declined to return last season so they may have just snuffed him at this point. Who knows!

season 10 finale was dumb
I liked the standalone episodes, but the way they retconned the previous season's main storyline was a major bummer.

I look forward to seeing if they can turn some of that stuff around, but at the very least we should get a few good episodes of sci-fi TV.

randome

I can’t bring myself to watch the episodes after mulder was abducted and doggett appeared. Is it worth finishing to get to the most recent seasons? Loved the ones before mulder was gone though.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I can’t bring myself to watch the episodes after mulder was abducted and doggett appeared. Is it worth finishing to get to the most recent seasons? Loved the ones before mulder was gone though.

Yes. It stinks for about 5 episodes where they try to make scully the mulder until she goes back to normal then it's way more fun after that

Season 8 is good, season 9 is terrible. The second movie is terrible. Season 10 is half terrible, half decent. Chris Carter seems hellbent on making the mythology as tortured as possible.

I can't wait. I did enjoy Season 10, but I'm probably in a minority where I really like the mythology episodes more than the stand alone MOTW ones.

I don't know, I just find the MOTW conclude a bit too quick sometimes because of the limited window to build it up. That said the Earlier Season episode with
the cockroaches
really, really terrified me for years as a kid and still freaks me out a bit thinking about it.

Real Hero

I'm not sure how anyone can defend season ten, apart from that one comedy episode. It was some of the worst television I have forced myself to watch

liquidtmd

Banned
At this point, the mythology is a spent force and I suspect they know it.

MOTW, intrigue, some humour, Duchovny and Anderson bouncing off each other

eTl9mYV.gif

I'm in

CDX

So 10 episodes? 2 mythology and 8 standalone? That'd be fine with me.

Young Mulder and Scully are back! Agents Miller and Einstein will appear in season 11.
meh. I could do without them.

jiiikoo

Banned
So pumped. X-Files has been on of those shows (for me) that I can watch it as many times as possible and still be into it without getting bored. Loved the 10th season and can't wait to see more of Mulder and Scully.

Santar

I just hope Duchovny gives more of a shit this season, s10 it seemed like his heart wasn't in it at all :(
Scully basically carried that entire season on her shoulders. Anderson really gave it her all and did a great job.

I almost wonder if some of the contempt Duchoviny built up towards the show resulting in him leaving is still there.

I really hope s11 turns out great though, X-Files can be so great.

Robert Patrick has had the right idea staying clear of this shitshow. I don't even want to know how they're going to write themselves out of the corner they left Season 10 in.

Hesemonni

Banned
Was totes excited for S10, but never managed to end it for it being... Well, we all know what it ended being. So I find it hard to be excited for this.

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed last season more than I thought, the middle episodes anyway, the first and last were not the best but the middle episodes were pretty fun.

I just hope Duchovny gives more of a shit this season, s10 it seemed like his heart wasn't in it at all :(
Scully basically carried that entire season on her shoulders. Anderson really gave it her all and did a great job.

I almost wonder if some of the contempt Duchoviny built up towards the show resulting in him leaving is still there.

I really hope s11 turns out great though, X-Files can be so great.

He hasn't given a shit since S7.

Joqu

I started binge watching the X-Files for the very first time when season 10 was announced, but I quit somewhere in season 8. Got really tired of the series and then I heard negative impressions of the new season, a real motivation killer.

There's less to catch up with now though, so I might just continue that whole adventure. I think I sort of enjoyed the mythology episodes in a really dumb way towards the end. And I still love Scully.

I started binge watching the X-Files for the very first time when season 10 was announced, but I quit somewhere in season 8. Got really tired of the series and then I heard negative impressions of the new season, a real motivation killer.

There's less to catch up with now though, so I might just continue that whole adventure. I think I sort of enjoyed the mythology episodes in a really dumb way towards the end. And I still love Scully.
You might not believe me but season 8 was actually very good

Huh? People like agents Doggeyes and Reyett? When they were there the first time people hated them and now all of a sudden people like them

Season 10 was OK, still don't know if my own hype was at fault or the season was just OK. I hope I like this new season more.

The monster of the week episodes in season 10 were fantastic. Just please, PLEASE pretend the conspiracy plot of S10 didn't exist.

Top Bottom