• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Files officially renewed for 10 episode season 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

I'm out, there'll probably be two or three decent episodes in the middle of the season, but I'll avoid the premier, finale and everything else written by Carter.

It's his property.

If fox was getting rid of him as writer, he would still be executive producer.

There's still hope.

I just hope Duchovny is 100% committed this time, last time it seemed he was just kinda there tagging along after Gillian.
No enthusiasm, felt like he didn't really want to do it any more.
Gillian was great though but it just felt off that she led basically all the episodes when usually it was the other way around or at least more evenly split.

seriously i think that's just Duchovny as a person as he's aged. everything with him I've seen in the last ~15 years he's had no enthusiasm

Best news to wake up to.
I watched The X-Files for the first time last year and It became my favourite show of all time, so I'm hyped for more.

sobaka770

Banned
Oh yeah, let's do this!!

But seriously, stop dumbing things down for Mass audience. The season 10 was terrible in that regard.

X-files is slow, character driven and usually has a better than average record on using science. In previous series they would show the details, explain what Alien genes do, spend 2 episodes just making Scully cope with the révélations ans side effects.

In season 10 it's so fast and loose that it becomes absurd. Scully just tests for Alien DNA... How? What? I really hope that 10 episodes is long enough to get the pacing back on track.

Glad this is finally confirmed! Thought it might never end up happening.

I'm surprised a bit to see all the hate for season 10 here. I know people were disappointed with the Carter episodes, but I remember people being pretty positive on the season as a whole while it was airing. Personally, I thought it was a pretty good season. The only part I hated was how it ended. I felt the rest of the episodes ranged from okay to great.

And do people really think FOX is going to boot Carter? Lets be real, hes going to write and/or direct at least 2 episodes.

Slaythe

Glad this is finally confirmed! Thought it might never end up happening.

I'm surprised a bit to see all the hate for season 10 here. I know people were disappointed with the Carter episodes, but I remember people being pretty positive on the season as a whole while it was airing. Personally, I thought it was a pretty good season. The only part I hated was how it ended. I felt the rest of the episodes ranged from okay to great.

And do people really think FOX is going to boot Carter? Lets be real, hes going to write and/or direct at least 2 episodes.

Camwi

Fuck yes! Loved the new season. The comedic episode was one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

Fuck yeah.

scullybeingsexy.gif

Edit - Hope it's not about those new agents. Those guys did not work for me at all.

Edit -

944785b8895d5b904b83c12fbea9d609.gif

Let's do this again

My queen.

For those wondering why people were upset at the cliffhanger ending, personally I'm fine with a cliffhanger but many thought this was it and we would never see the show again and the thought of a cliffhanger being an end to the series is bullshit. Im glad its back.

It should be 4 mythology and 6 MotW episodes right? So start with 1 Myth then 2 MotW, repeat until the finale of 1 Myth. That would be a good way to pace the show.

Of course they could split it evenly and end on a 2 part Mythology finale.

Also everyone should expect the Mythology episodes to only get crazier and more absurd and dumber.

Jacce

Banned
Guys Chris Carter isn't being kicked off. He can't be kicked off. It's HIS show. He has been head writer from day 1. There wouldn't be a new X-Files season if he was removed. No one in the cast would do it without him. It's his show, for better or worse. And always will be.

You can't say "don't let Chris Carter do" anything. It's his show, he is the boss, he has final say. Why would he fire himself?

dan2026

I didn't watch season 10. But what did they do with all the stuff at the end of the original 9th season?

Weren't the
alien colonists supposed to be coming to take the earth, and soon?

Not quite sure why I am spoilering something from like 15 years ago but hey ho.

Pluto

It's his property.

If fox was getting rid of him as writer, he would still be executive producer.

There's still hope.

You can't say "don't let Chris Carter do" anything. It's his show, he is the boss, he has final say. Why would he fire himself?
It's not his show, he created it but the studio owns it, they can get rid of him if they want to.

Which is ultimately the showrunner's fault.

It depends, they had a huge budget then. The show was really big.

Im positive that the budget was not as big this time around, and that will affect who you can hire. Maybe after the success of 10, there will be better writers. Im hoping.

Epcott

Watch this never address that off the wall cliffhanger. Premier opens with Mulder at a desk, like nothing happened, several unrelated cases later Smoking Man says everyone on Earth had been mind wiped by another faction or whatever.

Looking forward to it!

Fox Mulder

Please undo the godawful "everything involving aliens up to this point was just a ludicrously, nonsensically elaborate smokescreen to cover up an entirely different conspiracy involving aliens" retcon. One of the stupidest, most ill-conceived retcons I've ever seen in any medium, and I read a ton of superhero comics.

After all this time, and with a short season, a retcon was fine really to get out from under all the old lore for a new audience.

Should have done all motw anyways.

This is why I don't like Netflix as much as I could. The add/remove thing is really annoying. I get it, its all about the $$$$$ at the end of the day, but it would be better if stuff never left and just adding more to it.

Theyre obsessed with pushing their original content. Personally i prefer Xfiles to most of it. I watched the series 3 times and im still watching it.

Season 10 was really bad. Hope for the best I guess? Just give it a proper ending please. Not everything has to be dragged out until it's completely dry and dead.

The JT

Neo Member
Glad its back. Season 10 was just okay. Were-Monster is among the best episodes. Season 10 felt rushed with only 6 episodes, with 10 hopefully get some better pacing. Great news.

Saya

I couldn't finish the last season. I think I watched like one or two episodes before checking out. Shit was terrible.

Fox Mulder

Ugh she still looks so good.

I used to wear out my pecker to her when I was a teenager and this show originally aired.

I was also afraid of being abducted by aliens so it was a complicated situation.

I know the feels.

She even knowingly posted an old nip slip on Twitter a few months ago.

The X-Files cannot be the X-Files in this day and age. They can do something in the same universe and maybe even with some of the same characters but not the X-Files.

A-V-B

Awesome.

I hope Chris Carter has some wise ears to hear him out this time because his episodes last season were... not my favorite.

Glad to hear about it. Was pretty worried after the most recent one that it would get tanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom