• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The X-Files S10 |OT| The Truth Is Still Out There - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of expecting the invasion to have happened and they're all living in the Matrix now or something to be honest. "The invasion got postponed!" would be lame.

I could see that. Make the first new episode about Mulder and Scully chasing a monster. During a stakeout, they mention in passing the 2012 invasion and how they stopped it four years ago. At the end of the episode, the two end up curled up together in a motel. They fall asleep without a care in the world.

Cut to Mulder lying in a pod and plugged into the Matrix.

Not a chance this happens but it's a fun idea.

Schattenjäger;193172456 said:
The reviews are pretty good for the most part -aren't they ?
Not really. Reviews for tonight's episode were so bad that Fox immediately sent out 2 more episodes to reviewers. Those were received a bit better.
So why is there only 6 episodes? Testing the waters to see how it does?
Cause Gillian Anderson was on 2 other shows, and David Duchovny is on one other show, so 6 was about all they could fit in.

Gragen

Not really. Reviews for tonight's episode were so bad that Fox immediately sent out 2 more episodes to reviewers. Those were received a bit better.
Cause Gillian Anderson was on 2 other shows, and David Duchovny is on one other show, so 6 was about all they could fit in.

Where can I check out the reviews?

Why was the Cancer Man in the ruins so early, at the end of Season 9, if he was waiting for 2012?

safe_image.php

Boke1879

Wow those are bad. Still I am betting I'll enjoy the episodes a lot even if the new episodes don't completely reinvent the series. I just want more X-Files!

This is merely a nostalgia grab. I'm sure it'll be fine. The people waiting on this just simply want more Mulder and Scully

Kevin

This is merely a nostalgia grab. I'm sure it'll be fine. The people waiting on this just simply want more Mulder and Scully

As a huge X-Files fan that enjoyed the entire series and recognizes that the earlier seasons were better then the last three seasons, I'll definitely share my thoughts on tonight's episode and beyond for those who want to hear my impressions.

Kevin

I enjoyed the entire series also. I also didn't dislike Dogget or Reyes. I missed Mulder, though.

I had no problem with Dogget or Reyes. They were not Mulder and Scully but were otherwise fine. Mostly the writing is what had gone downhill and the move to LA kind of hurt the creepy atmosphere afforded by Vancouver.

Yes, fuck this football game.

I still remember the day when I found out about Dogget and Reyes coming into the show, and maybe even Mulder leaving. I saw the cover of an entertainment magazine while at Blockbuster and may have muttered, "What the fuck?"

I had no problem with Dogget or Reyes. They were not Mulder and Scully but were otherwise fine. Mostly the writing is what had gone downhill and the move to LA kind of hurt the creepy atmosphere afforded by Vancouver.

LA definitely hurt it. And the writing did get worse. But it wasn't bad or awful, and the show was still good in my opinion.

My favorite episode is still the one with Jack Black and Giovanni Ribiski.

DPO is one of my favourites, too. I love the arcade scene when "Hey Man, Nice Shot" starts to blare. It's an awesome one.

Funnily enough, Robert Patrick's brother is the lead singer in Filter, I believe. And Patrick was a star on the show years later.

I love that song, too.

Kevin

Yes, fuck this football game.

I still remember the day when I found out about Dogget and Reyes coming into the show, and maybe even Mulder leaving. I saw the cover of an entertainment magazine while at Blockbuster and may have muttered, "What the fuck?"

LA definitely hurt it. And the writing did get worse. But it wasn't bad or awful, and the show was still good in my opinion.

DPO is one of my favourites, too. I love the arcade scene when "Hey Man, Nice Shot" starts to blare. It's an awesome one.

Funnily enough, Robert Patrick's brother is the lead singer in Filter, I believe. And Patrick was a star on the show years later.

I love that song, too.

I enjoyed them as well. Really never hated any of the series. Even the episodes that people often list as complete shit, I enjoyed. :p

Ozium

Just read the mythology summary on Wikipedia to refresh my memory.

I think I'm more confused now than I was before I read it.

TyrantII

Well, I just finished season 9. This new season will open with Mulder and Scully waking up in that psychedelic mushroom cave; none of it happened. Right?

Man, the series finale from 2002 was just dreadful and unforfilling.

Here's hoping to something better with the revisit.

Boke1879

As a huge X-Files fan that enjoyed the entire series and recognizes that the earlier seasons were better then the last three seasons, I'll definitely share my thoughts on tonight's episode and beyond for those who want to hear my impressions.

Have you seen them? I wouldn't mind hearing your impressions.

I actually appreciated the move to California. It provided an opportunity to explore new locations, which makes sense considering the FBI covers the entire country. And there is plenty of atmosphere and dread to mine from arid, desertic areas. I can think of countless horror/thriller classics set in such places.

It's cool that they're back in Vancouver but I'm glad the show had its L.A. phase.

Anustart

So did anyone watch it? No one's talking about it, seems odd. Unless my understanding of 8/7c is off and it hasn't aired yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, see now it airs later.

Just read the mythology summary on Wikipedia to refresh my memory.

I think I'm more confused now than I was before I read it.

The mythology was always hash anyways. Chris Carter admitted that he was making it up as he went along and there wasn't ever an overall plan or overarching story for the mythology.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So i guess the news on the street is tonight's episode is supposed to be bad and then the next 2 get way way better.

So im hoping with lowered expectations i wont mind it too much. But i mean really, its gotta be better than the last movie.

So i guess the news on the street is tonight's episode is supposed to be bad and then the next 2 get way way better.

So im hoping with lowered expectations i wont mind it too much. But i mean really, its gotta be better than the last movie.

I had read it was okay but kind of disappointing.

I think I'll enjoy it, but I can't wait for the next episodes more-so.

I wouldn't say it has to be better than the last movie. Last movie wasn't terrible (outside of the credits), just wasn't a story worthy of a movie.

But luckily for me, after seeing Heroes Reborn any returning show will be a masterpiece in comparison.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wouldn't say it has to be better than the last movie. Last movie wasn't terrible (outside of the credits), just wasn't a story worthy of a movie.

But luckily for me, after seeing Heroes Reborn any returning show will be a masterpiece in comparison.

Well yeah im in agreement with you that the last movie wasnt "bad", just wasnt worthy of a movie.

Stick a fork in this Carolina game, I'm ready for some truth.

Same here, holy shit.

I'm actually not that worried even if this opener isn't as good as critics hoped. I think the meat of the mini-series is what is going to kick things up a notch. Especially with the OGs back and writing.

Watched a bunch of the top rated episodes last night. Home is such a fucking good one.

That pilot though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
oh wait, thats right Home is getting a sequel in this series isnt it? fuuuuuuuuuck

/ive actually been on media blackout for this series, so i know very little beyond episode titles.

Kevin

Have you seen them? I wouldn't mind hearing your impressions.

No I'll be watching them the days that they air like most of you.

oh wait, thats right Home is getting a sequel in this series isnt it? fuuuuuuuuuck

/ive actually been on media blackout for this series, so i know very little beyond episode titles.

No it is not. "Home Again" has no connection to "Home" from the earlier seasons.

It is? Hmm.

I wish I would've played naive and asked if this was the show where Hank Moody talks to aliens.

Ozium

What's the deal with everyone acting as if they could be watching it right now if not for football? It's been promoted and scheduled as being on at 10pm/9pm Eastern/Central... it's not on at 8/7 until the regular time slot of Mondays..

This football game...bleh. I hope they don't do postgame at this point.

There's a 30 minute postgame show listed, which worries me. I have the X-Files set to save at 10pm, in case I wasn't going to be able to watch it, and made sure to save the news afterwards just in case.

Fucking football. It's an incorrectly titled nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom