• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Official Retailer In South Korea Is Marketing The Xbox Series S With The Phrase “Buy An Xbox Series S Starter Bundle And Enjoy Palworld”

bender

What time is it?
I just played it, runs like shit. Very inconsistent frame rate. Can you prove otherwise? If not STFU and get out.
giphy.gif

NickFire

If they have a game that’s blowing up they can market then it’s a no-brainer. Would be stupid not to take advantage.

hlm666

You're being sarcastic but Shuhei Yoshida already teased it's releasing on PS5 tbh
Not exactly true, the dev responded to all that nonsense and said they never said it wouldn't come to ps4/5.

Back on topic, they couldn't have got those boxes made packed and shipped in response to the success. They must have already had plans to do a bundle right? Which brings me right around to thinking MS locked this down in the gamepss contract for a while and why the devs can't/wont elaborate on the topic.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This is...actually good marketing 😁
I mean, the game is selling by the truckload so...

PS: wouldn't be ironic after all the tries MS did and all the money spent as to "infiltrate" the Asian market, a shitty*, 3rd party exclusive survival game is the game that could actually accomplish that ?

* I consider all survival online games to be shitty time wasters so don't come at me with the usual Xbox tax thing

This is...actually good marketing 😁
I mean, the game is selling by the truckload so...

PS: wouldn't be ironic after all the tries MS did and all the money spent as to "infiltrate" the Asian market, a shitty*, 3rd party exclusive survival game is the game that could actually accomplish that ?

* I consider all survival online games to be shitty time wasters so don't come at me with the usual Xbox tax thing
it already happened with PUBG (no the "infiltrate the asian market" ) but the idea of MS capitalizing with a mega-popular, super hot IP.

Didn't MS say they wanted to acquire Japanese studios? If ever there was one that's probably available for cheap right now....

If they do it quick, they can prevent the dev from even starting work on a PS version!

Last edited:
Cheap way to Palworld if your PC can’t run it. This was an absolute get for MS.
It would be, if it were exclusive. Also, the devs from this game seem to be Japanese, when I last looked. Pocket Pair, Inc.
PlayStation isn't sweating first on Xbox.

Here comes the fud from the Sony camp. .....

But it does run like shit on the Series consoles. There's no denying it. Game is still as fun as it is, but the performance unfortunately could, and should be much better. We're not talking top of the line graphics here and when I play it on my Series X console it stutters like hell, constantly.

So much even that for now I stopped playing it until they patch it. I assume it can't be too hard for the devs to get this running at a steady 60fps, hell, I would even go for a steady 30fps with this game.

It's fud to deny that this game has severe performance issues on the Series consoles though (and yes still, game is serious fun and looks pretty ok).

Reactions: GHG

Pedro Motta

Here comes the fud from the Sony camp. .....
LOL, It probably runs like shit on PS5, probably runs like shit on PC, I wouldn't know I didn't play those. I played it on Series X and it runs like shit for a game that looks like PS2 era.

I don't understand your fucking doubts about this. This is a fact, not FUD. I have all the consoles.

Reactions: GHG

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This just in, palworld sells 200 million xboxes, and Nintendo sues ms for 65 trillion dollars.

Pedro Motta

But it does run like shit on the Series consoles. There's no denying it. Game is still as fun as it is, but the performance unfortunately could, and should be much better. We're not talking top of the line graphics here and when I play it on my Series X console it stutters like hell, constantly.

So much even that for now I stopped playing it until they patch it. I assume it can't be too hard for the devs to get this running at a steady 60fps, hell, I would even go for a steady 30fps with this game.

It's fud to deny that this game has severe performance issues on the Series consoles though (and yes still, game is serious fun and looks pretty ok).
Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Tired of fending off these morons alone.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Unfortunately the gamepass/xbox version is much older and missing bunch of features... hopefully Phil the Great can fix it
Yes version 1.0 I heard? How small is their team also, because it makes a difference. Looks like PocketPair Studio were not ready for that kind of success right at launch lol. Now their crunching their ass off 😅

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
On Series X framerate is inconsistant, but with VRR it runs fine. Without VRR it would need a 30 FPS lock to be "smoother".

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Okay that's it I'm selling my Playstation.
WTF. It's a bundle for a cheap console with a hot game. It is not remotely suggesting some console war bullshit, just hey here is a cheap way to try this out. But hey console warriors need to mention their brand of choice whenever possible. Just like the obnoxious apple fans, one of which put an apple sticker on a cubicle window where I work. Fanboys are so f'ing lame.

IT seems to run great on my Series S not tried on the X. Only in the early stage of the game level 7 though.
Not sure what all the fuss is about though, maybe it will be more fun with a couple of friends.
If microsoft want to take advantage of the console exclusivity for this game then good for them, make hay in the while the sun shines though as they say.
I think this is only exclusive due to the fact playstation dont allow early access games, similar to how PUBG was.
This game could be in early access for a long time though, perhaps forever.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

LOL, It probably runs like shit on PS5, probably runs like shit on PC, I wouldn't know I didn't play those. I played it on Series X and it runs like shit for a game that looks like PS2 era.

I don't understand your fucking doubts about this. This is a fact, not FUD. I have all the consoles.

It runs "fine" on xbox for a pre release Alpha. Yes there is hitching but its probably above 30FPS most of the time.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Its a load of fun like you said.

Back on topic, If Microsoft had absolutely any sense they would be sliding a big cheque to the Devs. That's if they had any sense at all.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I tried to launch the pc gamepass version and just get a black screen. Can’t get it to launch.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Remember when MS used PUBG as a selling point for their consoles? That's what this reminds me of. It ain't going to move units. If anything it'll just make Steam even more popular.

Ozriel

M$FT
How do you not? It's selling gangbusters on Steam. It's the more up-to-date version. It just broke a record on steam for a single-player game. This is a pc game first and foremost.

Yeah. There’s no disputing that.
There’s also no doubting that there are lots of folks with consoles with no access to PCs. It will find a very healthy amount of interest on console too.

More likely it’ll do much better for GamePass than MS expected.

twilo99

Yes version 1.0 I heard? How small is their team also, because it makes a difference. Looks like PocketPair Studio were not ready for that kind of success right at launch lol. Now their crunching their ass off 😅

It got updated right after I posted that lol

Top Bottom