• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One X has beat the PlayStation 4 Pro to 500 enhanced titles

Xbox One X currently sits at 500 titles while the Pro is at 454. Given that this is an Xbox One and the concept of more developer support is quite shocking, it has managed to wrangle more enhancements for its available games than the PlayStation 4 Pro.

Release Frequency

Xbox One X 599 days on market: 0.83 enhanced titles per day

PlayStation 4 Pro 961 days on market: 0.47 enhanced titles per day

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Doesn't MS label their back compat games that they've tweaked without developer support go on their list?

Also, what's your source?

Edit: Yea, if you're just pulling from MS' list of "Enhanced" games, then a game like Red Dead Redemption is also listed there. I mean, all Rockstar apparently had to say for RDR was "Sure, go ahead." Not sure if that's the same thing when you're talking about developer support.

I would venture a guess that when it comes to new titles and current gen titles, it's more a one to one adoption between the two consoles.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Microsoft's official list and ResetEra where they track all enhancements for the Pro and continually update the list.

Are BC games not games?
They definitely are. But it was your next sentence that was inferring that MS is getting more developer support compared to Sony. My point is that I believe that there is barely any developer involvement on BC titles because it's MS doing the heavy lifting.

They definitely are. But it was your next sentence that was inferring that MS is getting more developer support compared to Sony. My point is that I believe that there is barely any developer involvement on BC titles because it's MS doing the heavy lifting.
Even if you discounted the BC titles it would still have an intrinsically higher level of support as the game count would be in near parity with a year less on the table.

That would directly correlate to "more developer support".

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I may be wrong (historically it has been known to happen) but I am thinking most people care more about "does this system have the games that I want to play in 4k" than they care about "Well system A has the games that I want to play in 4K but man system B has 20 games that I will never play and really could not care less about in 4k."
Numbers vs content. Content wins every time. (This is also backed by numbers at least according to sales)

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Even if you discounted the BC titles it would still have an intrinsically higher level of support as the game count would be in near parity with a year less on the table.

That would directly correlate to "more developer support".
Perhaps. I would have to see what titles are enhanced on the XB1X and titles that aren't on PS4 Pro. You haven't convinced me that with new titles they don't get the same treatment if possible.

Airbus Jr

Banned
A very easy way to make Dynamite Cop! trigggered

www.vgchartz.com

tenor.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
We really don't need threads like this we all know microsoft have been killing it for the last 2 years.

I mean breh. BANJO 1 and 2 in 4k.

For free in 2019 how much more do they need to win?

meirl

Banned
Doesn't MS label their back compat games that they've tweaked without developer support go on their list?

Also, what's your source?

Edit: Yea, if you're just pulling from MS' list of "Enhanced" games, then a game like Red Dead Redemption is also listed there. I mean, all Rockstar apparently had to say for RDR was "Sure, go ahead." Not sure if that's the same thing when you're talking about developer support.

I would venture a guess that when it comes to new titles and current gen titles, it's more a one to one adoption between the two consoles.

They are native 4K and look glorious. Seriously. Watch it yourself.

JimiNutz

Banned
The One X is certainly an impressive piece of hardware. MS did a great job with it.

And yet when the time came to pick between a Pro and an X I still went with the Pro...

Banned
the Xbox One X has way better hardware that is more powerful and easier to use.
enhancing games in a meaningful way on PS4pro takes serious optimisation work, because the hardware doesn't even come close to actually supporting 4K TVs in any AAA game without some clever and often hard to implement tech like checkerboarding and other reconstruction methods.

the Xbox One X on the other hand can even handle extremely complex graphics like in Red Dead Redemption 2 at a full 4k without any reconstruction needed.

then when you go to the indie scene, where the resources to figure out how to squeeze enough juice out of the Pro in order to make any significant jump over the base PS4 are just not there.

retroactive patches have also been more wide spread on Xbox One X it feels like.
then there are some Pro supported games that literally are just minor updates...
let's take Overwatch for example,
Overwatch runs at a dynamic 4k on Xbox One X with a very high average resolution which hovers very close to 4k 99% of the time.
on Pro all it got was a 4K Hud and UI with no enhancements anywhere else
and that's also considered Pro enhanced even tho I would barely call it that tbh.

Interesting how posting a statistic about enhanced titles so quickly becomes a console sales thread.

Is OP's post incorrect? What does the PS4 outselling the Xbone have to do with the amount of games being enhanced for either system?

Why do people get so defensive and triggered when something they prefer trails in any category? It's fascinating! Post anything at all positive about the Xbone, be prepared to get told about how much better the PS4 is for some reason that's completely unrelated. Post anything positive about the Switch, people have to jump in and derail it into a "bad grafix" thread. If nobody has anything to contribute to the subject of the thread why jump in just to shit things up? If you don't like it, ignore it and it'll fall off the front page. meanwhile the people who are interested can have a discussion about it.

I skipped on the X as I would rather concentrate on my PC and Switch, but even I can see that the X has clear advantages over the Pro in terms of hardware and enhancements to titles. Why would anyone become so offended by that they would want to derail a thread with unrelated topics.

Speak for yourself. I'm very interested in being able to play older BC games in higher resolutions and higher framerates, why wouldn't someone be interested in playing a game that way?

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Meh who cares

These are rather useless information for me
It's actually kind of a big deal, considering we are about to enter a gen where the games we buy this year and next will be playable. Getting devs to release patches for these games coming at the end of this gen so that they take advantage of next gen consoles will be huge for me.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Nothing wrong with statistics, but this is obviously posted with a console wars agenda to make Xbox look like hot shit compared to Playstation. I don't even play XB or PS anymore and have no reason to "take sides" but it's still sad to witness all the petty nonsense.

Yeah yeah, we get it. Xbox beats Playstation on virtually every metric, except game library and sales.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Doesn't make sense.

I read a few years ago Sony fans saying no dev will bother making enhanced X patches since there's so few X's sold.

In the same vein, it's opposite for Pro. Even though there's also few Pro's sold at that time, Pro patches are in full swing.

Imtjnotu

Doesn't make sense.

I read a few years ago Sony fans saying no dev will bother making enhanced X patches since there's so few X's sold.

In the same vein, it's opposite for Pro. Even though there's also few Pro's sold at that time, Pro patches are in full swing.
Oh you read this a few years ago 🥴

Where did you read this at besides your imagination

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
So? You want a cookies or something ?
This sounds like one of those, "yeah! I Still rock pan and scan and VHS. What about it? Not everyone can afford a flat screen, bitch! And FYI, If Avengers End Game doesnt release on DVD...... Its going down!"

Don't be so salty, bro. Damn.

Last edited:

Aggelos

The fact that Xbox One X has more enhanced titles than PS4Pro goes to show that Xbox One X means serious business when it comes to 4K gaming (and preferably native)
No doubt about that. That console is raw powah!

But on the other hand, PS4 has sold more units than Xbox One and Switch combined to this date.
Meaning that when dev studios develop their games for a multi-platform release, they certainly think on which console they will sell the most copies of their game.
I don't think the dev studios are making a point of going to town by creating an exquisite and stellar Xbox One X version that will wipe out the PS4Pro counterpart, so that everyone kneels before the unequivocal dominance of the Xbox One X.

Last edited:

Diddy X

While I do appreciate your concern for my well being, I assure it there is no stress involved and just an observation.

Maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't get you stressed but I wonder where you all are getting the console wars thing from, it seems like a lot are still into it or maybe everybody is just making an 'observation' :messenger_grinning_squinting:

zcaa0g

Banned
However about the game library: PS4 Pro > Xbox One X

PS4 has a boxing game? PS4 has a Midnight Club? PS4 has a Virtua Fighter? PS4 has all of the Splinter Cells? PS4 has some good FPSs?

You might want to be more specific on that game library. I have a Pro and an X, but much like the PS3, there are great games, but only a handful of them and they are one and done games like GoW, Horizon, Spiderman, The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Collosus remastered. That's it. That's the PS4 lineup.

The X covers more genres, looks better and doesn't have a Fisher Price gamepad like the Pro.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Doesn't make sense.

You made this up.

It's was obvious that they were going to make enhanced patches for both PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Nothing wrong with statistics, but this is obviously posted with a console wars agenda to make Xbox look like hot shit compared to Playstation. I don't even play XB or PS anymore and have no reason to "take sides" but it's still sad to witness all the petty nonsense.

Yeah yeah, we get it. Xbox beats Playstation on virtually every metric, except game library and sales.
I would say a gaming consumer arguing sales is most petty. Knowing that the company behind the product available is supporting its product features like enhanced 4k games is relevant.

Lort

Banned
except on what it really matters, but it is true.

Well at launch of next gen xbox will certainly be winning the total number of games and the total number of 4k games metric.

So with the best GPU, the best CPU , the best cooling, the best games subscription, the best multiplayer service, the best backwards compatibility, the best accessibility, the best applications, the best controllers, the best catalogue of 4k games and the best value for money... they may win ... or at least catch up ... a lot.

mejin

Well at launch of next gen xbox will certainly be winning the total number of games and the total number of 4k games metric.

So with the best GPU, the best CPU , the best cooling, the best games subscription, the best multiplayer service, the best backwards compatibility, the best accessibility, the best applications, the best controllers, the best catalogue of 4k games and the best value for money... they may win ... or at least catch up ... a lot.

for the best reasons!

Lort

Banned
No one loves meaningless spin numbers more than Xbox and their fanbase.

Ironic how they hide from actual numbers like units sold and Metacritic scores.

Now sony has changed to MAU does that make it meaningless?

Install base microsoft 700 million sony < 100 million ....

Highest selling first party game microsoft - Minecraft 175 million

Sony 17 million the last of us remastered.

Dam stats dont tell the story you want so they are ALL meaningless except for the few that you like ... i imagine the total install base was meaningless last gen? How about the game attach ratio ... also meaningless lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom