• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One X has beat the PlayStation 4 Pro to 500 enhanced titles

Pallas

So is Microsoft just more engaged with developers on getting titles enhanced? Maybe it’s more of priority for them. I think the gap between them isn’t that big though between enhanced titles.

Still it’s interesting to see where priorities are potentially at. This could all change next gen of course, but I feel pretty good that both next gen consoles will be able to enhance current gen games and maybe get more developers involved next gen.

Meh who cares

These are rather useless information for me

It’s an interesting statistic, you would think Playstation would have more enhanced titles considering they have sold around double the consoles than Xbox.

A very easy way to make Dynamite Cop! trigggered

www.vgchartz.com

tenor.gif

lol

Bryank75

Banned
Desperate for a win!? hahaha
Must be reading through every bit of XBox analytics to find some sort of metric that gives XBox an edge...
Xbox...has.....more....uhhh..... more.....Philips head screws used in it's construction. Xbox wins, WINNER XBOX!!!
Oh what a joyous and momentous occasion.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Highest selling first party game microsoft - Minecraft 175 million

It's actually 176 million. Has one Microsoft first party title sold more than every PS4 & PS3 first party title combined? :messenger_face_screaming:

Relax guys before commenting, it's just friendly bants.

The most impressive part about enhanced titles is the backwards compat list, these are literally free remasters and look amazing. I can't wait to see what the team manage to get the next system doing automatically with these games. 8K RDR and Banjo? Sign me up. Anyone who hasn't given these titles a try on the X get to it straight away, makes the games so much more playable. Nostalgia is a great thing, you think of past gens looking "real life" and as good as it will get, only to pop the discs in and see a big smeery mess and think it never looked this bad, I would swear by it! :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:
Aren't all PS4 games since the PRO was released "enhanced"? at least the "AAA" titles are in some way? -- I'm fairly sure it's not tracked that well on the PlayStation side at least.

Either way, I'm selling my PS4 PRO now and getting an X!!

leo-j

PS4 PRO is an amazing piece of techonology, launched in 2016, and was an amazing $399 price giving you streamed 4K HDR content, and upscaled ps4 ip as high as 4K. A year later microsoft launches a $499 console with even more horsepower, the thing is, the system is capped by current gen. Sure the games will be slightly closer to 2160p, but you can't expect a dramatic graphics overhaul because it's an enhanced version of current gen, SONY imo made the right choice with the ps4 pro.

Romulus

PS4 PRO is an amazing piece of techonology, launched in 2016, and was an amazing $399 price giving you streamed 4K HDR content, and upscaled ps4 ip as high as 4K. A year later microsoft launches a $499 console with even more horsepower, the thing is, the system is capped by current gen. Sure the games will be slightly closer to 2160p, but you can't expect a dramatic graphics overhaul because it's an enhanced version of current gen, SONY imo made the right choice with the ps4 pro.

I think the 4k Bluray in X1X should be taken into account when mentioning the price compared to Pro. That's a big step up, especially considering the overwhelming majority of enchanced console owners have a 4k TV.
But even still, the horsepower gap is very significant alone compared to Pro, and there were huge disparities in resolution between consoles in many cases.

I enjoyed Pro more for PSVR than 4k gaming.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wake me up when September 6th arrives. Thanks.

BlackTron

Gold Member
I would say a gaming consumer arguing sales is most petty. Knowing that the company behind the product available is supporting its product features like enhanced 4k games is relevant.

Really it depends on context. Sales are a terrible argument for the viability of the product for an individual persons buying decision. They are the argument that matters most towards whether a company's strategy is working on a macro level.

I would agree that the reporting is relevant, it's just delivered in such a way that makes it sound like console wars fodder.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
That's an awful lot, M$ Xbox One should be grateful to be in the same sentence as the beast known as the PS4 Pro. I want M$ Xbox One X to do well and I'm not quite sure we've ever seen 4K, graphically enhanced games dominate like this. This will destroy Nintendo

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Desperate for a win!? hahaha
Must be reading through every bit of XBox analytics to find some sort of metric that gives XBox an edge...
Xbox...has.....more....uhhh..... more.....Philips head screws used in it's construction. Xbox wins, WINNER XBOX!!!
Oh what a joyous and momentous occasion.

why's it all about winning with Sony fanboys, this is a useful post for anybody wondering which 4k console to show off there 4k tv best

phil_t98

#SonyToo

you also forgot to add that the X has more memory and is more capable of doing 4k textures than the pro to

Traxtech

As a Playstation/PC owner, i am extremely jealous of what XBOX is doing with backwards compatibility, it should be the new standard and they're really bringing it to the table

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's not spin, they're games, they're enhanced for the system. Also even without them the consoles would only be separated by like 20 titles with a year of lead-time on the market.

Sure, but removing BC titles from the equation and focusing on third parties pickupwould put both consoles on a similar, positive, enhancements list.

It has to be admitted that the extra raw performance, improvements in virtualisation technology and the fact that they made the smart decision of having a fully virtualised Xbox One platform, as well as have much more RAM made it easier for developers to enhance the titles for Xbox One X. This allowed Xbox One X not to suffer against a console with a bigger user base, smart MS move in how they designed and positioned Xbox One X.

It has to be said also though that once you had not one but two consoles that supported such enhanced profiles that third parties had much more incentive to actually work on the patches themselves.

Lort

Banned
But which console will hit 100 million first is the real question

not ms
If your talking about pro consoles which is what the topic is.. then xbox one x would beat the pro at current rates.

If your talking about any device.. then MS Windows.. which is part of the Xbox platform is currently at 700 million for Win 10 which can have the xbox app and xbox gamepass. Sony is small fry compared to Windows, iOS and Android.

WouldyouKindly is a console warrior fanboy.

It's not spin, they're games, they're enhanced for the system. Also even without them the consoles would only be separated by like 20 titles with a year of lead-time on the market.

It's a spin, like it or not
Then include CURRENT-GEN titles only.

Last edited:

gifgaf

It's a spin, like it or not
Then include CURRENT-GEN titles only.
Let Xbox have this one, Xbox deserves this win. It does not detract from all the Sony or Nintendo wins this gen. Its a tug of war between the companies and I would not want one company to beat the other into the ground. Competition is good, without it the monopoly company will just screw over the users.

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Let Xbox have this one, Xbox deserves this win. It does not detract from all the Sony or Nintendo wins this gen. Its a tug of war between the companies and I would not want it one company to beat the other into the ground. Competition is good, without it the monopoly company will just screw over the users.

Exactly lol its great having three companies each doing well in different areas.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The only games I care about that are still exclusive to the Ps4 system got 4k support. Based Sega/Atlus. Sadly I've played them to death. Wish BB got an update or something ;(

thelastword

Banned
I don't know, but I've seen quite a few threads lately from XBOX guys with no corroborative material, no links, nothing.....It's as if putting random numbers in the OP is all kosher now....Where did he get those numbers from?, How does he ensure it's accurate and up to date?....".I DONT KNOW", but lets argue it says the OP......... This is like someone taking a dump on the floor and saying immediately after.... "lets make a thread".....with a smirk on his face.....

So since the OP was not detailed and since he just put up a console wars thread, with no reference......People wil go wild with speculation and persons who love the winner suggested by the OP will exaggerate the numbers even more, because it's what you do without proper info/data.......It's like MS saying "we have sold the most XBOXES this year".....Some persons would rush in and say.....Ooh shit, make a thread quick........, titled, "XBOX hardware crushes PS4 hardware says Phil"...Is it true, NO, what are the specfics?....AHHHH! specifics...…Phil meant in Japan..........

So since the OP has no specifics...I'll say two things.......It would seem to me that OG XBOX and 360 games are included in these numbers.......Is sony enhancing PS1, PS2, PS3 games through a BC profile and emulation, NO, so it's convenient to engorge the XBOX list with said titles, isn't it? but OP will never detail such in his writeup, because it will show him up...........So such a vague OP, lacking detail is like a MAU writeup...…So when you remove these "BC" games, it is only then that you will get an actual list of enhanced current gen titles......…of which, Sony has much more than MS......Even Phil said recently in an interview, that he knows that many of his first party games are not enhanced, the same applies to Sony, but when you give specifics like that at least people are aware of the real situation and no one is trying to gain some silly points by suspiciously leaving some pertinent details out....

Look, you already have some people thinking that all games are 4k or suggesting that all BC games are, it's the exaggeration that is derived from such, like this for example....

"They are native 4K and look glorious. Seriously. Watch it yourself."

When that is a lie, certainly not all enhanced titles are 4k native, and specific to the statement above, all BC enhanced games are not 4k Native on XBONEX either......but such is what you get, when one intentionally try to obsfucate detail and play the hide in a jabbasack routine....We can win in the sack, if we are not seen and certain details are not revealed....

Saruhashi

Banned
I may be wrong (historically it has been known to happen) but I am thinking most people care more about "does this system have the games that I want to play in 4k" than they care about "Well system A has the games that I want to play in 4K but man system B has 20 games that I will never play and really could not care less about in 4k."
Numbers vs content. Content wins every time. (This is also backed by numbers at least according to sales)

I do think that most people just care about the games.

However, there will always be a section of the market that just wants to own the most powerful console and then use that "I own the most powerful one" medal for bragging rights etc.

It has always been that way.

Playstation seems to have better branding, definitely has better current exclusives and has a better potential roster of exclusives in next-gen.
So it makes sense that Microsoft will have to go down the "but we have better graphics" route. It's all they have left.

Subscription and streaming services may change this but I'm not sure we've seen enough to know how that will go down yet.

So you have some games that can run up to 4k? Cute.

The pc has those, and some (tens of thousands) more. What about framerate though? xD

And sooner or later we'll be emulating every console exclusive out there. Or playing it natively when everyone goes third party.

I'm (partly) joking, of course. I just wanted to join the console war for a change!

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
So you have some games that can run up to 4k? Cute.

The pc has those, and some (tens of thousands) more. What about framerate though? xD

And sooner or later we'll be emulating every console exclusive out there. Or playing it natively when everyone goes third party.

I'm joking (partly) joking, of course. I just wanted to join the console war for a change!

Thread after thread, quite funny to watch actually. I have to hand to Microsoft they have quite the silly marketing machine... it just keep running and running like the Energizer Bunny.

_72340161_020656987-1.jpg

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I don't know, but I've seen quite a few threads lately from XBOX guys with no corroborative material, no links, nothing.....It's as if putting random numbers in the OP is all kosher now....Where did he get those numbers from?, How does he ensure it's accurate and up to date?....".I DONT KNOW", but lets argue it says the OP......... This is like someone taking a dump on the floor and saying immediately after.... "lets make a thread".....with a smirk on his face.....

So since the OP was not detailed and since he just put up a console wars thread, with no reference......People wil go wild with speculation and persons who love the winner suggested by the OP will exaggerate the numbers even more, because it's what you do without proper info/data.......It's like MS saying "we have sold the most XBOXES this year".....Some persons would rush in and say.....Ooh shit, make a thread quick........, titled, "XBOX hardware crushes PS4 hardware says Phil"...Is it true, NO, what are the specfics?....AHHHH! specifics...…Phil meant in Japan..........

So since the OP has no specifics...I'll say two things.......It would seem to me that OG XBOX and 360 games are included in these numbers.......Is sony enhancing PS1, PS2, PS3 games through a BC profile and emulation, NO, so it's convenient to engorge the XBOX list with said titles, isn't it? but OP will never detail such in his writeup, because it will show him up...........So such a vague OP, lacking detail is like a MAU writeup...…So when you remove these "BC" games, it is only then that you will get an actual list of enhanced current gen titles......…of which, Sony has much more than MS......Even Phil said recently in an interview, that he knows that many of his first party games are not enhanced, the same applies to Sony, but when you give specifics like that at least people are aware of the real situation and no one is trying to gain some silly points by suspiciously leaving some pertinent details out....

Look, you already have some people thinking that all games are 4k or suggesting that all BC games are, it's the exaggeration that is derived from such, like this for example....

"They are native 4K and look glorious. Seriously. Watch it yourself."

When that is a lie, certainly not all enhanced titles are 4k native, and specific to the statement above, all BC enhanced games are not 4k Native on XBONEX either......but such is what you get, when one intentionally try to obsfucate detail and play the hide in a jabbasack routine....We can win in the sack, if we are not seen and certain details are not revealed....

Yet again a lot of salt in your post. Sony doesnt do back compat games so they shouldnt be included on xbox list of 4k games ? Basicly thats what your saying.

Like i said in another post you cannot help yourself can you when there is a positive post on xbox. Everytime there is you pop up with drivel and try to spin it what ever way you can. Just face it from time to tike microsoft do things better than sony. If the next xbox is more powerfull than the ps5 you will have the hardset time with that

You know the X is more powerful and Microsoft doing well putting back compat games in 4k to, its good they are getting praise for it

You should he gratefull for this as sony have taken note and their next machine will be back compat with at least the ps4 and i am guessing its a win win for you then. If microsoft had not introduce back compat and spanning across all generations then i doubt the ps5 would of been back compat to

Last edited:

Insane Metal

Gold Member
PS4 Pro's boost mode and enhanced abilities have been lousy at best. I hope next gen Sony makes better an improvement on their midgen console than this gen.

oagboghi2

Depends on who you ask...
The majority of consumers apparently.

Don’t be so salty.

PS4 has a boxing game? PS4 has a Midnight Club? PS4 has a Virtua Fighter? PS4 has all of the Splinter Cells? PS4 has some good FPSs?

You might want to be more specific on that game library. I have a Pro and an X, but much like the PS3, there are great games, but only a handful of them and they are one and done games like GoW, Horizon, Spiderman, The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Collosus remastered. That's it. That's the PS4 lineup.

The X covers more genres, looks better and doesn't have a Fisher Price gamepad like the Pro.
😂 poor PS4. It doesn’t have midnight club? How will we survive.

Also 😂 at PS4 “missing genres”. The denial is real folks

Last edited:
What arbitrary reason is there to exclude titles not from this generation? Are they enhanced for the system in specific, yes or no?

BC titles aren't current gen titles, Nyadc. It's the same crap like someone want to spin: "for PS2 over 5000 games have been released ( including PS1 titles ). You don't count BC titles ). You only count how many CURRENT-GEN titles have been released. Btw. for PS2 over 3800 titles have been released.
Spin it like you did in Systemwars

Let Xbox have this one, Xbox deserves this win. It does not detract from all the Sony or Nintendo wins this gen. Its a tug of war between the companies and I would not want one company to beat the other into the ground. Competition is good, without it the monopoly company will just screw over the users.

Just wait and see what will happen if PS5 will have PS1, PS2 ( dunno about PS3 ) and PS4 titles, all of them enhanced. Xbone fans will cry like babies. Then BC games for PS5 won't count because reasons.

Last edited:

FranXico

Just wait and see what will happen if PS5 will have PS1, PS2 ( dunno about PS3 ) and PS4 titles, all of them enhanced. Xbone fans will cry like babies. Then BC games for PS5 won't count because reasons.
Come on, you know that the chances of that happening are slim at best...

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
why's it all about winning with Sony fanboys, this is a useful post for anybody wondering which 4k console to show off there 4k tv best

More likely Xbox fans looking for a win.

Don't pretend Xbox fans try to do this all the time and try to look for any good news to talk about.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If these enhanced titles include 360 games, then it's obvious why they would have more.

360 is easier to emulate, compared to PS3 games.

Backward compatibility is going to be much better next generation because x86 architecture.

I believe Sony will do a great job marketing BC with the PlayStation 5 because they're going to show off games such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted 4 being played at 60fps. I don't think resolution is going to be a huge marketing point next generation, I believe it's going to frame-rate.

Top Bottom