• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One X has beat the PlayStation 4 Pro to 500 enhanced titles

thelastword

Banned
If microsoft had not introduce back compat and spanning across all generations then i doubt the ps5 would of been back compat to
Really? Can I play Gun Valkyrie, Forza 4, PGR games, Otogi games, Kakuto Chojin, Sega GT, DOA 3, JSRF on an XBONEX? I have a fat PS2 in mint condition that plays all PS1 games, I had a fat PS3 that played all PS2 and PS1 games.....I cannot play PS3 games on PS4 because of the CPU, but somehow, if MS had not "introduced" back compat to us gaming heathens, Sony would never do it? Ok I get it.... :messenger_smirking:

Really? Can I play Gun Valkyrie, Forza 4, PGR games, Otogi games, Kakuto Chojin, Sega GT, DOA 3, JSRF on an XBONEX? I have a fat PS2 in mint condition that plays all PS1 games, I had a fat PS3 that played all PS2 and PS1 games.....I cannot play PS3 games on PS4 because of the CPU, but somehow, if MS had not "introduced" back compat to us gaming heathens, Sony would never do it? Ok I get it.... :messenger_smirking:
The previous attempts of BC won't work, the only reason Microsoft's has and has gotten the attention it did is due to digital monetization potential, i.e. the ability for the games to be acquired digitally.

If Sony managed to release a fully backward compatible PlayStation 5 that was compatible with every PlayStation game akin to the original PlayStation 3's function it wouldn't matter outside of a tiny minoral subset of the community.

If there's no usage/sales rights they won't be available to the community beyond the physical medium, and it won't go anywhere. Few want a bunch of old games piled up everywhere, and few want to spend the time tracking down a bunch of old games many of which have become expensive or hard to find.

The only way BC will work for Sony is if it's licensed and the games are available to be sold online, and for that they need usage permissions and they're WAYYYY behind the curve.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

Which one has the most native 4k games?

*Stokes fire*
PC I would imagine.
*Pours gas on fire*
34n7ky.jpg

Three

Microsoft's official list and ResetEra where they track all enhancements for the Pro and continually update the list.

Are BC games not games?
They are games but enhancing a game from 15-20 years ago is not the same as a current gen game which gets a patch. Listing them is fine but suggesting this:
Given that this is an Xbox One and the concept of more developer support is quite shocking, it has managed to wrangle more enhancements for its available games than the PlayStation 4 Pro.

Is incorrect because counting those old BC games is not dev support but the platform making old games work. Dev support for getting patches of current gen games on PS4 pro is higher than Xbox one X.

Last edited:
They are games but enhancing a game from 15-20 years ago is not the same as a current gen game which gets a patch. Listing them is fine but suggesting this:

Is incorrecy because counting those old BC games is not dev support but the platform making old games work. Dev support for getting patches of current gen games on PS4 pro is higher than Xbox one X.
They have to get permission from the rights holder/publisher to have the game enhanced for the system so it is in fact dev supported, it's not of their own volition.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
For all the attention its gotten, BC has not, and is not driving sales to any significant degree.

Put into context where its pulling product from the gen where Xbox performed best, has no actual direct competition from Sony currently, and was rolled over a gen where their output of new exclusive product has been severely lacking and as such its been highlighted far more than usual... its pretty obvious that its not got much commercial value.

Its a good talking point for console warriors but to the mass-market its filler and background noise.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

I see that you googled a list of games yet to be released on back compat lol

You know microsoft changed how peoples digital Games are handled this gen by adding you xbox 360’s digital games into the mix. Yeah still lots to go but more and more keep getting added. How many or your ps3 digital games now work on your ps4?

I remember you harking on a few years back about how nobody wants to play back compat games. Watch when ps4 comes out and fully upscales ps4 games to 4k and how you will say this is the best feature ever.

It still stands at this point that xbox X has more games in 4k

Sony doing a good job also and have some great games in 4k so they need to be commended to

Bryank75

Banned
Have you not seen some of the 360 games upscaled to 4k then like gears 3 ?
Nope, I gave up on Xbox around 2008.

Looks like people keep giving up on it.... Crapgamer, Nextgen, Rayyan, MBG..... even the man with the million bought a PS4 this gen.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Nope, I gave up on Xbox around 2008.

Looks like people keep giving up on it.... Crapgamer, Nextgen, Rayyan, MBG..... even the man with the million bought a PS4 this gen.

Well good on them and crapgamer just does anything to get likes or views. One min trashing PS next Xbox

Who ever floats your boat

zcaa0g

Banned
The majority of consumers apparently.

Don’t be so salty.

😂 poor PS4. It doesn’t have midnight club? How will we survive.

Also 😂 at PS4 “missing genres”. The denial is real folks

Denial from a person that also has a PS4 Pro? Interesting. I really enjoyed those 5 games I played once on my PS4 Pro. And all 5 were 3rd person titles because apparently Sony can't make anything else. Well, those and GT, which started out as crap and only now is really good.

lucius

Now put the original Splinter Cell games on sale, also release a white or grey X not limited please

Top Bottom