• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Themes incoming for PS4 2.0 and PSVita 3.30

emko

I dont get this type of thinking. Of course they're going to stay with it. They aren't going to build a system UI then just decide to change it later on. lol

Yes but i feel like this UI is not done, now they are stuck and limited by the theme, devs could come up with a good idea and it could be denied because it will interfere with the theme. They could of worked on the UI some more before coming out with themes. Just means they can't change much now that themes are here. I rather they have no limit and do what is best for the UI make it customizble where user could add there own background etc but with paid themes people expect them to work for a long time.

Tigress

For the people asking yes they did say 2.0 will launch September 26.

Sweet. Once that launches the only thing I want for PS4 is the suspend to resume but for me it's not as big as it is for other people. Everything else added will be like getting extras.

If I could somehow get my old ps3 one on my ps4, I'd die happy.
ku-xlarge.gif

SidShumanSCEA said:
Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=125577230

Hi guys - endlessflood from NeoGAF here, just wanted to confirm that Sid was just lying to us to avoid spoiling one of their TGS announcements, and hopefully your opinion of someone from the Blogcast as being a source of reputable information has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll be kept in the dark and fed bullshit so long as it's more convenient for Sony in future.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=125577230
Hi guys - endlessflood from NeoGAF here, just wanted to confirm that Sid was just lying to us to avoid spoiling one of their TGS announcements, and hopefully your opinion of someone from the Blogcast as being a source of reputable information has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll be kept in the dark and fed bullshit so long as it's more convenient for Sony in future.
Or, Sid said something he didn't know was true, or it wasn't going to be in the update originally and they got it in on the roadmap in time. No need to go to the worst possible conclusion.
EDIT :
Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.
Actually, all he said was that it was in error.

DWinn7

Themes are a welcome feature. I honestly don't see how people are turning this into a bad thing lol. Oh well

baekshi

Banned
Or, Sid said something he didn't know was true, or it wasn't going to be in the update originally and they got it in on the roadmap in time. No need to go to the worst possible conclusion.
EDIT :

So you believe in Sid?

lol

Well if he meant to say "Hi guys, Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that I accidentally screwed up and let the cat out of the bag, and the show has now been censored to remove any evidence. Sorry for my mixup! We'll tell you nothing related to PS4 themes because we intend to have a big TGS reveal in future," then he probably should have said that. As someone who works in PR I'm sure he was very aware of what he was saying though, and his intention was to mislead.

Also his line that the show was "corrected" is a flat out lie, the word he should have used was "redacted."

Themes are a welcome feature. I honestly don't see how people are turning this into a bad thing lol. Oh well
It's a great thing. Hopefully we have the same flexibility with regard to creation that we had with PS3. People being able to make free themes and distribute them themselves never interfered with the marketplace for paid themes. If you go to ps3-themes.com you'll see just how healthy and active the theme community was. Many were rubbish but there were some absolute gems too.

VanWinkle

That PS4 theme is SO ugly, lol. I wish they would have shown off a classier/more minimalist theme.

Still, it's kinda good news until we hear we can put our own backgrounds in. Even better if we can put our own custom themes in.

That PS4 theme is SO ugly, lol. I wish they would have shown off a classier/more minimalist theme.

Still, it's kinda good news until we hear we can put our own backgrounds in. Even better if we can put our own custom themes in.

Yeah, it would have been nice if the U.S blog post had at least included some other options. Personally I'll just be happy having different color options from the default.

I sure hope themes aren't the headline feature for 2.0

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I dont want to make a new thread but someone answer if you can is the playstation store down? I cant log on and get in it on ps4. I had something weird happened I have premium for ps4, havent played in about 2 weeks went to play again and I have to download the maps all over again even though i didnt delete them and I can't access the store for some reason, it is either really slow or something is wrong

I dont want to make a new thread but someone answer if you can is the playstation store down? I cant log on and get in it on ps4. I had something weird happened I have premium for ps4, havent played in about 2 weeks went to play again and I have to download the maps all over again even though i didnt delete them and I can't access the store for some reason, it is either really slow or something is wrong

Just loaded the store in the U.S with no problems.

Boke1879

On thing I'd like to say. I really hope we get a full detailed list of this FW update soon. I really hope the big features aren't just Youtube and themes.

They really need to be adding all of the media stuff as well. Can we use any external HDD for storage yet like the XB1?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Should also add the ability to make sub accounts master as a friend of mine called to complain about it and the rep said the feature will be coming with 2.0. They just haven't announced all the features as some things are still left under wraps.

It would be cool if they offered a games dynamic theme when you pre order it. Is this something Sony did with the PS3 by chance?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would be cool if they offered a games dynamic theme when you pre order it. Is this something Sony did with the PS3 by chance?
They sometimes do this for digital pre-orders on PSN. Like right now, there'll be one you can get for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. I also recall some games might have themes as pre-order bonuses &/or as part of a LE.

Yes but i feel like this UI is not done, now they are stuck and limited by the theme, devs could come up with a good idea and it could be denied because it will interfere with the theme. They could of worked on the UI some more before coming out with themes. Just means they can't change much now that themes are here. I rather they have no limit and do what is best for the UI make it customizble where user could add there own background etc but with paid themes people expect them to work for a long time.

The UI does what it's meant to and really fast at it. What more do you want from it, Fancy shmancy squares?

I mean I can understand better organization options and such. I don't see how that is impossible to implement after this update?

Care to elaborate of what you mean by working on UI some more that themes would cause issues against?

Top Bottom