• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm championing 'Life of Pixel' PS4

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Just saw this in new games section of the store. It's a dual purchase for Vita and PS4.

I played the original on PSVita and loved it. It's a mid to hard core pure platform game themed around nostalgia driven levels using visuals from several retro platforms such as Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Snes, GB etc.

Gameplay is level based and is simply collect gems to open the door to the next level.

I loved it. It's super low profile so I'm championing it purely as a fan.

Trailer here:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Did you complete it already, or is it a game you're just starting to get into?

If you've beaten it, I was curious about how long it took you. Thanks!

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Did you complete it already, or is it a game you're just starting to get into?

If you've beaten it, I was curious about how long it took you. Thanks!

I beat the original Vita version a couple years ago which took me a few weeks (but I play games VERY slowly). I've only just started the PS4 version.

Levels do become tricky later on and they do use the old 'leap of faith' several times but I think that was intended as a nod to old school platformers.

Agent X

I liked the original Life of Pixel on PlayStation Mobile. I got rather far into the game, but never actually completed it.

I've been looking forward to Super Life of Pixel (the new one) since they first announced it a few months ago. This will probably be one of my next gaming purchases.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So you actually progress through levels that change to nostalgic systems and graphical APIs? If so, then I am SOLD!

OldBoyGamer

Banned
So you actually progress through levels that change to nostalgic systems and graphical APIs? If so, then I am SOLD!

This is what really attracted me originally too. You start with ZX81 visualised levels, then Atari 2600 and then BBC micro etc etc.

(I may have got that order mixed up but that's pretty much how it plays out).

:)

Top Bottom