• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theorycrafters rejoice - Grim Dawn (aka Titan Quest 2) reveals new LV-Up system

Anno

Didn't realize until today how many copies of this sold and how steadily the playerbase has been increasing. Seems like it's done well for itself in EA. Hopefully it continues once it comes out and they can afford to make some DLC or expansions the quality of Immortal Throne.

It still has the Titan Quest system of progression - the Ascendant/Chaos/Eldritch/Order/Primordial stuff is a second system of progression (you gain points that can be used for those by cleansing shrines that are scattered throughout the world).

Ah, ok. I hadn't understood it. I'm still suddenly interested in this. I've never been excited about early access stuff and excited to see this is nearly out. Finally burned out on Diablo 3 after all these years. Really would like another loot game to get into.

For the people who are into it, how's the flow feel? I love the shit out of Diablo 3 because it just feels so damn good. I played Path of Exile and couldn't get into it because it felt really stiff. This is despite Path of Exile clearly having the better overall progression design at the time. For me I preferred that moment to moment fluidity over the better progression. Anyways, does it feel good? I remember Titan Quest also feeling like a pretty stiff sort of experience.

For the people who are into it, how's the flow feel? I love the shit out of Diablo 3 because it just feels so damn good. I played Path of Exile and couldn't get into it because it felt really stiff. This is despite Path of Exile clearly having the better overall progression design at the time. For me I preferred that moment to moment fluidity over the better progression. Anyways, does it feel good? I remember Titan Quest also feeling like a pretty stiff sort of experience.

It feels a lot better than Titan Quest, while not quite as good as Diablo 3 on consoles. Unlike D3 PC & PoE, you can play Grim Dawn offline so no need to worry about lag unless you're playing multiplayer.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Bought. Now that it's feature complete I don't care if there are odd bugs here and there.
Literally the only thing I didn't really like about Titan Quest was the boring setting, a gothic horror take on the formula? Fuck yeah.
Performance is kinda odd, getting locked 60 everywhere but towns/settlements, where it drops to 55ish, it's a beta and all but still. Other than that it looks and runs great, really impressive given the small size of the team, I hope it does well for them.

At first I was like "I want to have a build that can do melee but summoning demons seems fun what do I do" and then I went "Ohh, right" and then I remebered how you can choose two different paths.

Also, don't Alt+F4 out of this game. Ended up having to hard reset my computer because my screen went black :p

Azzanadra

I had been looking to this for years, at first before Diablo III came out to scratch that hack-n-slash itch, but Diablo III came out earlier. Crazy to think this game is still in development, though...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Are you maxing out the game?

What settings do you use?

I have an 970 so it should not be any problem i think..

I'm using a mix, but pretty much maxed at 1440p on a 280X. Game runs very well, either it's a driver issue or something else. Is your HDD getting full? I noticed stuff like that in other games until I cleaned it out a bit'

Edit: Oh, maybe me running it in 1440p is what causes the odd drops to the 50s

I'm using a mix, but pretty much maxed at 1440p on a 280X. Game runs very well, either it's a driver issue or something else. Is your HDD getting full? I noticed stuff like that in other games until I cleaned it out a bit'

Edit: Oh, maybe me running it in 1440p is what causes the odd drops to the 50s

Drivers are up to date and HDD is nearly empty a side from a couple of games.

I tryed every video setting. V sync on/off. Nothing that reduces the hit when opening boxes.

I do hope they do some more optimization when the game get's an official release in 2016.

Drivers are up to date and HDD is nearly empty a side from a couple of games.

I tryed every video setting. V sync on/off. Nothing that reduces the hit when opening boxes.

I do hope they do some more optimization when the game get's an official release in 2016.

I was having this issue when I had cloud saves turned on. Wasn't an issue at all once I turned it off.

See, there you go, institutional intervention.

My main build is still ruined but it's probably more likely due to the change to Squad Tactics. Fortunately for me I enjoy the game enough that that doesn't really matter because my plan is to just start a whole new character anyway. And it's been nice not having to pollute my inventory with a bajillion components.

I was having this issue when I had cloud saves turned on. Wasn't an issue at all once I turned it off.

Yep, it seems to be the cloud saves.

I don't like playing with cloud saves off though. It so easy and i always feel safe as to not loose progress in the game if it crashes. Loosing a character or some legendaries to a crash would be annoying as hell.

I hope they find a solution for it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This feature in the game now or when it leaves early access ?

This feature in the game now or when it leaves early access ?

The game is 'content complete' now meaning all the features are present. The only thing planned between now and release (I believe in march?) is bug fixes and some re-balancing. So basically yes, whatever feature you're asking about is in the game now.

Ricker

How do I save in this game...? I made it all the way to the cave in the first section,I stop playing and when I come back,I have to kill all those ennemies over again to reach the cave...? I was sure it would of auto saved me in there at least...

Purkake4

Banned
How do I save in this game...? I made it all the way to the cave in the first section,I stop playing and when I come back,I have to kill all those ennemies over again to reach the cave...? I was sure it would of auto saved me in there at least...
It's like Diablo 2, all your character progression and items get autosaved, the world gets reset when you exit. So try to stop when you reach riftgates and not in the middle of dugeons.

Ricker

It's like Diablo 2, all your character progression and items get autosaved, the world gets reset when you exit. So try to stop when you reach riftgates and not in the middle of dugeons.

Thanks,figured this is what was happening hehe,just wanted to make sure...liking the game so far,going Demolitionist for now.

Top Bottom