• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are still many good games coming out this year, many of which will unfortunately go under.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Just look at what other games are coming out. I'm afraid a lot of the good games will just go under. Nobody has that much time and money. In December, however, almost nothing comes out. I know it's not the best month for sales, but it's certainly better than the months before. The publishers should have spread the games out better. I tried to include the most important games for this year.

1. Immortals of Aveum - Aug 22, 2023​

2. Blasphemous 2 - Aug 24, 2023​

3. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon - Aug 25, 2023​

4. Goodbye Volcano High - Aug 29, 2023​

5. Under the Waves - Aug 29, 2023​

6. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: Rayman in the Phantom Show - Aug 30, 2023​

7. Starfield - Sep 6, 2023​

8. NBA 2K24 - Sep 8, 2023​

9. The Crew Motorfest - Sep 14, 2023​

10. Lies of P - Sep 19, 2023​

11. Mortal Kombat 1 - Sep 19, 2023​

12. PayDay 3 - Sep 21, 2023​

13. EA Sports FC 24 - Sep 22, 2023​

14. Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - Sep 26, 2023​

15. Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos - Sep 26, 2023​

16. Assassin's Creed Mirage - Oct 5, 2023​

17. Detective Pikachu Returns - Oct 6, 2023​

18. Forza Motorsport - Oct 10, 2023​

19. Lords of the Fallen - Oct 13, 2023​

20. Spider-Man 2 - Oct 20, 2023​

21. Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Oct 20, 2023​

22. Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 - Oct 24, 2023​

23. Ghostrunner 2 - Oct 26, 2023​

24. Alan Wake II - Oct 27, 2023​

25. Ark: Survival Ascended - October 2023​

26. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name - Nov 9, 2023​

27. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - Nov 10, 2023​

28. Persona 5 Tactica - Nov 17, 2023​

29. Super Mario RPG - Nov 17, 2023​

30. Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince - Dec 1, 2023​

31. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - Dec 7, 2023​

32. Tom Clancy's XDefiant - TBA 2023​

33. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - TBA 2023​

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist

Goodbye Volcano High - Aug 29, 2023

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Mr Hyde

Blasphemous 2 on Friday. After that it's Lords of the Fallen in October. And then in December it's Super Mario Bros Wonders. Will try to cram in Starfield there, but I'll wait and see what condition the game is in first before pulling the trigger. That's all I can muster for the rest of the year.

Lunarorbit

Some of these games weren't gonna have that big of an impact revenue wise: snootjob, aveum, payday 3, blasphemous... Not that they won't have fans but they'll show up in the 20s on the npd.

Nintendo games are in their own realm and won't affect other platform sales.

The big games are spread out and are different enough that they won't cannabilize each other. Starfield,Spiderman, call of duty, Mario games are all 2 weeks from each other.

I don't think this will be a problem.

Oh and fuck Avatar

I feel like due to Covid delays and other external factors many titles which normally would have released last year were pushed into 2023 hence the rather crowded calendar of releases.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I don't see the issue, buy the few must-plays for you day one and the rest cheaper in a few months during a drought. I don't get those that just have to buy everything day one even if they don't have the time to play. You're just wasting your money.

As a consumer, it’s really only a problem if you’re the type to have the latest game on launch.

As a publisher, your game has to come out sometime and you can’t pussyfoot around other games now that the market is saturated with bangers nearly every week for the rest of the year and could go on well into next year.

for me: starfield, cyberpunk, mirage & alan wake 2, with the only day 1 being starfield. seems to me most holiday seasons have had this 'winner/loser' thing happen. it's just been a couple/3 years since last time...

drotahorror

I think there’s still a couple games that are coming out this year but don’t know any info about.

UFC 5
WRC 2023

I’m pretty sure they’re both coming in oct/nov. And honestly 2 games I will buy day 1. Really want Mario too.

Anyway, these will probably be the ones I'll be picking up in the coming months: Blasphemous 2 (I've already preordered it), Under the Waves, Fort Solis (when the EU physical release happens in October), Lies of P (not 100% on this one), Armored Core VI (probably during holidays), Phantom Liberty, AC: Mirage, Lords of the Fallen, Spider-Man 2, Star Ocean the Second Story R (very excited for this one and you even forgot to add it in the OP), MGS Vol. 1, Ghostrunner 2, Like a Dragon Gaiden and Persona 5 Tactica. Games like Starfield I'll be playing on GP.

German Hops German Hops knows what's up. :D

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Just look at what other games are coming out. I'm afraid a lot of the good games will just go under.

Let me see that list:
  1. Backlog
  2. Backlog
  3. Pre-ordered, Day One
  4. Game of the Epoch, Day -1
  5. Don't care
  6. Wait for Switch 2
  7. Will Buy, but probably next year
  8. Don't care
  9. Wait for A Sale
  10. Don't care
  11. Don't care
  12. Don't care
  13. Don't care
  14. Don't care
  15. Don't Care
  16. Backlog
  17. Don't care
  18. Don't Care
  19. PC can't Unreal 5
  20. Eventually
  21. Wait for Switch 2
  22. Maybe
  23. Maybe
  24. Maybe
  25. Maybe
  26. Maybe
  27. Maybe
  28. No.
  29. Wait for Switch 2
  30. Don't care
  31. Sale, maybe
  32. Don't care
  33. No Unreal 5 for Me
This is still a really great year, one of the best ever for games.

Last edited:

Fbh

Yeah sadly some good games are probably going to underperform because they just came out next to too many other good games.

At first I thought Sea of Stars going with both Ps+ and Gamepass was a red flag, but it honestly seems like a smart move to ensure they make a profit when you are launching your indie RPG in between BG3, Starfield and a new From Soft Game.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
You forgot WarioWare.

Interested in these (bolded for definite purchases):

Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Oct 20, 2023
Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 - Oct 24, 2023

Alan Wake II - Oct 27, 2023
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name - Nov 9, 2023
Super Mario RPG - Nov 17, 2023

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - TBA 2023

I see only Lies of P as a must play on that list. Forza Motorsport is a huge maybe based on intrusiveness of online components. Besides, the list is missing Sea of Stars releasing on August 29th.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
STAR OCEAN 2 REMAKE - NOVEMBER 2ND, 2023
really do not dig the look of that remake. I get that people love the new environments and all that but the pixel sprites and the lo fi CGI backgrounds of the original with minimal lighting and fixed angles were a far more cohesive image than the overly detailed environments with modern lighting and the cardboard cutout looking pixel art having all that shit applied to them. I look at it and feel like something is deeply wrong

I feel like Live A Live adapted the original to HD2D way better. But that is just my opinion so dont let me kill your hype for the remake

Last edited:

DiGiTMerc

Banned
Yeah definitely looking forward to armored core 6. Hmm game titles like Starfield, Cyberpunk, Immortals, that I would not be able to play, or let alone, to run on my current PC budget.
The rest of them are unfortunately Sony exclusive like MGS Remaster Collection, Spiderman 2, Tekken 8. Tekken 8 probably next year. Next year though would be my big year again, but thats for another discussion.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I will haves to put a mortgage on my house and live in my car if I lose my job and my wife kicks me out games food beer have hibernated me Im sorry my friends

go-no.gif

Top Bottom