• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are too many good games out - Whatcha Playin' This Weekend?

B00008KTRS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Just finished DDS1 first-time after getting all extras/bosses (except obviously the second-playthrough-only boss). Will move on to DDS2 soon, although I'm compelled to blast through DDS1 again...

210410b.jpg

Picked it up again to open up more costumes for characters I usually pass over and along the way stuck with it after getting better with the given character (in this case Ayane), jump into Survival, etc.

703883-607052-games_cover-resized200.jpg

I'm starting to dive into my backlog of older games, I've been dying to play this for a while. This is pretty much all I'll have time for this weekend.

atomsk

Party Pooper
if i get around to gaming this weekend, i'd say probably...

the warriors
stubbs the zombie
ddr extreme 2

but some weekends i just get caught up in too much other shit

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Goreomedy said:
I may very well rent The Warriors. I'll wait for Darien's impressions.

I generally don't comment on my own feelings about games on here anymore, but I'll get some game play time in tonight so that I can comment on this for you either late tonight or tomorrow.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DarienA said:
I generally don't comment on my own feelings about games on here anymore, but I'll get some game play time in tonight so that I can comment on this for you either late tonight or tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to make the jump if it doesn't capture the spirit of the film, and only an established fan can convince me otherwise. Been burned too many times before.

Still working on finishing up a Majora's Mask replay -- I've been awfully busy and haven't had much time to work on it. When the TRU deal starts, I'm getting Shadow of the C. and DDS2

G-Fex

too many

Shadow of the collossus
SMT: Nocturne
Castlevania DS: Julius mode
Ouendan
AoE3
Farcry Instincts on live
Zone of the enders 2
Third Strike
and right now CS: Source

and a bunch of comics to read.

VALIS

Waiting for this weekend's Toys 'R Us sale before picking up SotC, Warriors and Stubbs. So for now I'll try to finish up Far Cry Instincts.

Memles

Wario Ware: Touched! - Pretty fun. It's short, but since I paid $15 CDN I'm really enjoying it.
Zoo Keeper - Ditto to the above. Simple, short but enjoyable for the price tag.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
damn it, all those games I listed and a friend came over and we play Stubbs for about 2 hours. Great game! I had previously believed the GS score and was going to skip it for awhile. Damn it :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I will play more Code Age Commanders (which is hard as hell) and some FEAR, most likely.

Really waiting for SOTC, which should be out next week.

Yossarian

Spike said:
Currently Playing:

258692.jpg

Upcoming:

255767.jpg

257351.jpg
Holy shit. Me too. I broke down and got a DS today, and those three games are all I got.

(note, that's Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center and Castlevania)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Shadow of the Colossus...though I've only got another 2 Colossi to beat so it should be over pretty soon.

I suppose I could make another attempt at Star Ocean. I picked it up two weeks ago for 10 bucks and got bored during the first 10 minutes so I shut it off. I'm not sure I can stomach too much more of that hotel where you begin the game though. It's gotta get better......right?

Just know and love the Battle System. The storyline is kinda stratched a little to long (in the middle) but yeah, it does get more interesting after the Hotel Scene, just make it by and revel in the fights. I love the combo system in this game.

I'm hopefully going to pick up SotC this weekend and Shining Force Neo to. Also seriously considering Fire Emblem to quench my SRPG needs (since Shining Force Neo decided to go all Schizo and go ARPG)

VirtuaPackshot_200.jpg

This has seriously got me hooked. Despite having Wipeout, RR, Burnout and Lumines to play as well, I can't stop with VT.

spartan-total-warrior.jpg

Very good game so far. It may not have the deepest combat system but that doesn't mean it's a no-brain button masher. Switch your head off and you'll find yourself on the sharp end of some death. Much more level and mission variety than you'd expect from this type of game as well. I'm a little bit stuck though at the start of chapter IV. I keep getting slaughtered at the assault on the fort.

I've also been playing a little DW5, just gradually getting those fourth weapons, and GTAVC which I had hoped to have beaten before LCS came out but I've given up on that, some of these missions are damn hard (I'm at 71%). I've yet to beat a GTA game as well, despite getting pretty far in all of them, and by beat I mean both the storyline missions and get 100%. I got around 95% in GTAIII, 92% in GTAVC previously and my GTASA save was at 86-something%. One of these days I'm going to finish up both VC and SA 100%, but I don't think I'll bother replaying GTAIII again.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm playing mostly just FEAR and Fire Emblem(which I REALLY love!).

Shadow of the Colossus is pretty cool, but it's really just feeling like a novelty showcase game rather than something I absolutely relish playing. I've shown the title off to several people and the guffah's are priceless, but in my own time it's not getting rotated.

I'll also go against the grain and state that I prefer Quake 4 to FEAR. I'm at the Archam(sp?) building and while the shooting feels good, I'm just not loving on it. These environments are so <DULL>. I actually wish I was back to playing Quake 4 instead, sad but true.

Next week is gonna be the big one before Nov. 22. Lots of good stuff is hitting and I'm gonna try and buy none of it except SC3.

Spike

Yossarian said:
Holy shit. Me too. I broke down and got a DS today, and those three games are all I got.

(note, that's Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center and Castlevania)

You've got good taste.

A WINNAR IS YOU!! :lol

I should have added in Advance Wars Dual Strike, as I've been playing that off and on since its release.

Tarazet

There really are too many good games out. I'm having more fun figuring out how to find the best prices than I am playing games, although that will change once I start playing my newest find:

box-uk-cd2.jpg

Complete for $22.50 = unbeatable. Time to dig out my old gray PS1. :D

sonarrat said:
There really are too many good games out. I'm having more fun figuring out how to find the best prices than I am playing games, although that will change once I start playing my newest find:

box-uk-cd2.jpg

Complete for $22.50 = unbeatable. Time to dig out my old gray PS1. :D

Grandia rocks! Nice get.

_Angelus_

Banned
FarCryinstincts-XBox
Serious Sam2-Xbox
Capcom Collection-XBox

All 3 are awesome thus far. It'll be an extra sweet weekend ahead.

galoisky

F.E.A.R
Quake 4
Age of Empires 3
Fable Lost Chapter (PC)

Finished Shadow of the Colossus in one sitting (was about 4.5 hours). Definitely NOT keeping this one. Go ahead and flame me if you want for not liking Shadow, it won't bother me.

Waiting on Civilization IV.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Spike said:
Currently Playing:

258692.jpg

Upcoming:

255767.jpg

257351.jpg

:)

I'm playing Castlevania at the moment, will resume playing Trauma Center once I finish castlevania, and i'll get FE and Phoenix Wright.... sometime >_>

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Playing Wonderboy in Monster World and Dynamite Heddy on Gametap. Was going to play thru Gods also but it's the Genesis version instead of the Amiga version.:(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
galoisky said:
F.E.A.R
Quake 4
Age of Empires 3
Fable Lost Chapter (PC)

Finished Shadow of the Colossus in one sitting (was about 4.5 hours). Definitely NOT keeping this one. Go ahead and flame me if you want for not liking Shadow, it won't bother me.

Waiting on Civilization IV.
Wait, I played about 20 minutse of Shadow. I've heard it's short, but ..... jeez, I thought when people were calling it short that it was around 10 hours or so, not Luigi's Mansion length (which people always rant on nintendo for). o_O

SoTC - wow - my girlfriend loves to watch and "help" figure out how to beat them!

Trama Center - again a game my girlfriend gets into - fun to see who can finish people the fastest!

Emotions

Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness
Battallion Wars
X-Men Legends 2 Rise of Apocalypse
Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow
Lunar Dragon Song

Hopefully next week:
Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance
Trauma Center Under The Knife
Phoenix Wright
Trace Memory
DDR with Mario

galoisky

GaimeGuy said:
Wait, I played about 20 minutse of Shadow. I've heard it's short, but ..... jeez, I thought when people were calling it short that it was around 10 hours or so, not Luigi's Mansion length (which people always rant on nintendo for). o_O

Turns out I read the wrong save file. Total time was 6:27:38. Most of that time was spent trying to make the darn horse go in the right direction and fighting colossi 7 and 10.

Speevy

Banned
Nothing. Too much schoolwork.

I did however make some great CD's for my eventual custom soundtrack-filled Xbox 360.

Top Bottom