• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are too many good games out - Whatcha Playin' This Weekend?

robot

Like most of you:

The Warriors - picked this up today, and man o man its awesome. Great storyline and even better brawls. I initially was annoyed that the camera was too close to the character, but the book says u can change the view - mint!

Blitz - I thought I was the only person who A. Bought this game, and B. liked it. I summed it up in the short and buried Blitz thread - arcade football at it's finest with very impressive presentation.

Also playing Castlevania DS and Trauma.

pollo

Banned
220998.jpg

11204-forside.jpg

I wanna play SotC but my ps2s at home =/

Ah well, Ill have a great backlog come thanksgiving.

Agent X

I just got these two, so they'll likely be the ones I spend the most time with:

257146.jpg
257136.jpg

I'll try to wedge these other recent acquisitions into my spare time, too:

257777.jpg
256550.jpg
257815.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
theREBELins said:
Shadow of the Collosus
Virtua Tennis
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Can't fucking wait for GTA
And why don't you have Trauma Center?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Polishing off Sly III (charming game)

Just started Indigo Prophecy, and I've been working through Romancing SaGa the last while (I think I may be joining Drinky in the "Romancing SaGa isn't bad, just misunderstood Fan Club" pretty soon).

Syb

I'll be playing Halo 2, like I've been doing for the last what, 11 months?

Might play some Advance Wars DS too.

Tarazet

I played Grandia until it crashed on my PS2 - I was really impressed, and I'm going to have to come back to it tomorrow when I'm not so tired. But just when I was about to go to bed, I decided to unwrap my copy of Ys: Ark of Napishtim and try it out, and now it's 3 hours later..

XBOX:

Conflict: Global Terror - co-op is the shit. my goty kinda shit.

Halo 2 - co-op when me and my friend are tired of getting our asses kicked in cgt.

DS:

Castlevania: DoS

Red Scarlet

123rl said:
If you're playing that for the first time then I envy you. It's a fantastic game

Yeah, first time through..I got spotted by the very first badguy, then ganged up on by 4 badguys at that bridge right after.. :lol

HooDoo

Currently playing "hurry the fuck off with my Wanda, damn you postman" in front of my mail-box. Not a very good game though.
Playing Killer 7 when I'm not cursing the post service.

jgkspsx

Borrowed a PS2, and hence finally got to play my copies of:
Flipnic demo (Very cool)
Technic Beat
Space Channel 5 1&2
VF4 Evo

And! A 2D Castlevania orgy:
Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Dawn of Sorrow
(and possibly IV or Bloodlines. Who says PSP doesn't have Castlevania?)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
akachan.jpg
princess_peachds.jpg

PA.38913.002.jpg
dbz_advent.jpg
PA.05864.007.jpg

Super Princess Peach has that old school Mario (as in before Yoshi's Island) feel to it, which I absolutely love.

Dragonball Advance Adventure is a fantastic platformer/BEU with great game play and colorful, bright visuals that do a wonderful job of mimicking Akira Toriyama's artwork from the mid 1980s. I really wish I knew how good this game was; I would have bought it immediately last year if more people talked about it. Worth checking out.

Also played Samurai Spirits Tenka (Samurai Shodown 6) todayt at my local arcade. Much better than SSV and SSV Special were; out of the new characters, there is no doubt that Iroha, the scantily-clad snow maiden is the best, and I was loving being able to play as characters not seen since SS2, like Wan-Fu, Nicotine, and Cham-Cham. I want this on a home system ASAP! :) (Release date for PS2 is supposedly 01/19/06...not too far off!)

Spike

Lyte Edge said:
Dragonball Advance Adventure is a fantastic platformer/BEU with great game play and colorful, bright visuals that do a wonderful job of mimicking Akira Toriyama's artwork from the mid 1980s. I really wish I knew how good this game was; I would have bought it immediately last year if more people talked about it. Worth checking out.

Any idea if this will come over here?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spike said:

No idea, but the game is a year (maybe even older?) old at this point, and Dragonball was never that popular in the U.S., just Dragonball Z, so I don't think so.

If you know the story, playing the game won't be a problem; it's a simple plaform/action game anyway. It follows the original storyline and bases its levels on the various locations that Goku and co. travel to. You also get to learn some new moves as you go through the game, and some of the boss fights are done fighting game-style, even letting you knock opponents like Tao Pai Pai and "Jackie Chun" into the sky for air combos. :)

Spike

Lyte Edge said:
No idea, but the game is a year (maybe even older?) old at this point, and Dragonball was never that popular in the U.S., just Dragonball Z, so I don't think so.

If you know the story, playing the game won't be a problem; it's a simple plaform/action game anyway. It follows the original storyline and bases its levels on the various locations that Goku and co. travel to. You also get to learn some new moves as you go through the game, and some of the boss fights are done fighting game-style, even letting you knock opponents like Tao Pai Pai and "Jackie Chun" into the sky for air combos. :)

Cool, thanks. I want to get this for my brother. He adores Dragonball.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
The Warriors
Shadow of the Colossus
Ninja Gaiden: Black

Gah, too many awesome titles out right now. I gotta clear some room for my forthcoming 360.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
DCharlie said:
the "sell all my games" game - the purge has begun

Ah, you too? I've gotta move in a few weeks and since all the shit I moved last time has essentially just sat and gathered dust for a year, I've decided to sell the great majority of it. So far, I've parted with all my TG-16, 3DO, Jaguar, SNES, and NES stuff.

Oh, and I sold 80 VHS movies for like $15. Yeah, that sucked.

Tarazet

DCharlie said:
the "sell all my games" game - the purge has begun

Same here, except that it's more like weeding out my collection and shaping it into something perfect and beautiful. I added brand-new copies of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter yesterday, and now I'm going to be going to my Best Buy, which is one of those that is doing the pilot used-game program, to see if I want to add more. Actually, it's wonderful what I can get away with there...

Killer7 - I got one used copy at Gamestop free, and another for $15 from Gamefly. Trade-in value: $30 each. I shit you not. I'll keep the GC copy I got for $10 new after trading a BB clearance game in to Target...
Metroid Prime: Echoes - bought for $20 new at EBGames.com months ago, hardly even touched it. Trade-in value is $31.50.
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - ditto, $20 new. Trade-in value is $21.

Yup, the end of a generation is when you polish the ol' collection down to a "best of" selection. I just axed about 10 PS2 games and 7 Xbox games, myself, and turned the trade-in credit into a second PS2 for upstairs.

Nothing except a bit of random PC GTA:SA (random killing, car/plane exploding, etc) to kill time until the TRU 3for2 deal. On Tuesday/Wednesday I'll be picking up Warriors, NBA2k6, Ratchet: Deadlocked and 3 other random games to fill in the gaps (maybe SF Neo, SotC, SC3, etc).

Tarazet

Drinky Crow said:
Yup, the end of a generation is when you polish the ol' collection down to a "best of" selection. I just axed about 10 PS2 games and 7 Xbox games, myself, and turned the trade-in credit into a second PS2 for upstairs.

Which games did you ax, out of curiosity? :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Killer7 - I got one used copy at Gamestop free, and another for $15 from Gamefly. Trade-in value: $30 each. I shit you not. I'll keep the GC copy I got for $10 new after trading a BB clearance game in to Target..."

same here - i can get 3000 yen for it. I've tried going back to it and i just can't get into it at all.

MoxManiac

Heh, I do the opposite at the end of a generation; horde all the games I missed that I was interested in for bargin prices. :O

Lessee:

Suikoden 3 PS2
Suikoden 4 PS2 (kept these two for my brother, but he ultimately didn't want 'em)
Megaman Collection PS2
Stella Deus PS2
La Pucelle PS2
Atelier Iris PS2 (no idea why I kept this one so long; it's total crap)
Capcom Collection PS2
Ratchet and Clank 1 PS2
Psi-Ops PS2
Shining Tears PS2

Halo Xdude
Halo 2 Xdude
Timesplitters 3 Xdude
Rallisport Challenge Xdude
Top Spin Xdude
Indiana Jones Xdude
Burnout 2 Xdude

Didn't get nearly as much as I'd 've liked, but I'm frickin' lazy.

Tarazet

Well, trading in Suikoden III was a mistake but I'm sure you don't need the additional $20-30 you would have got for it on Ebay...

MoxManiac said:
Heh, I do the opposite at the end of a generation; horde all the games I missed that I was interested in for bargin prices. :O

Yeah, I do the same. The start of a new gen is a great chance to pick up a bunch of stuff because so many people are trading in a lot of old stuff.

stonedwal

Spike said:

Don't think Dragon Ball Advance Adventure is coming out in the States, but if you want an English version, it did come out in Europe and Australia (though it appears to have only been a single shipment for the latter).

Top Bottom